View Poll Results: Shound there be a Sonic Cartoon that is Cannon to the Games?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 45.45%
  • No

6 54.55%

Thread: There Should Be a Sonic Cartoon that is Cannon to the Video Games

Default There Should Be a Sonic Cartoon that is Cannon to the Video Games

There have been a total of five different Sonic Cartoons (if you count the OVA), yet none of them are cannon to the main video game continuity! There are some people that want Sonic's backstory in the main continuity to be explored, and others that believe gameplay should be the top priority. Both of these groups of people would be happy if there was a Sonic Cartoon series that was 100% cannon to the games. This means that no original characters should be added! This was excusable with Sonic SatAM, because there wasn't much continuity to go by at the time. However, now we have Sonic, Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Blaze, Silver, and many others, so original characters would be completely unnecessary!

Who agrees with me?

Manic the Hedgehog is awesome!

Monsters University - Complaining incessantly

I'd prefer a comic, to be honest. They seem to last longer than the cartoons, and they're portable, plus they seem to dive into other characters more often.

Both of these groups of people would be happy if there was a Sonic Cartoon series that was 100% cannon to the games.
    Not everyone that wants a story wants it to be about Sonic's past. And I'm pretty sure no one thinks gameplay shouldn't be top priority, the complaints is usually "Gameplay should be first but story shouldn't be last". Having an interesting story in a cartoon doesn't make the story in the games less boring and cheesey.

This means that no original characters should be added!
    New characters can still be added, they'd simply show up in a game at some point, or we'd have the knowledge that they're out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMoore25 View Post
    Make the moron go away, Mommy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. BaconStein View Post
    I like how damsels in distress are now a Mario innovation, too. Watch out Brothers Grimm, you're plagiarizing on work from centuries ahead!

No the games weren't designed for storytelling and the majority of their characters (as well as their storyline) are designed specifically for the medium that they're in.

Hm, that's interesting. I was thinking that people would like this idea. Oh well.

I'd prefer a comic, to be honest. They seem to last longer than the cartoons, and they're portable, plus they seem to dive into other characters more often.
    This is a good point. While SatAM ended around 1994, the Archie Comics, which were originally based upon SatAM, are still going.

Manic the Hedgehog is awesome!

Eh no.

As much as I like the games, I'm not really up to seeing the stories get retold again, let them base any new cartoons on the games but go their own way with the characters and stories.
    This forum is so utterly craptastic, I'm outta here.