Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 117

Thread: Let's make Episode 3 an incredible game.

  1. #51
    Senior Member SMS Skull Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Drinking sake with Segata Sanshiro
    Posts
    20,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modochi View Post
    What the other option, not buying and watching the franchise die out.
    I would lol if the ST people actually held the franchise as a hostage: either we buy their product, regardless of quality, or they discontinue it.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Prodigy Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Take a guess! You'll get a cookie if you guess correctly in three tries.
    Posts
    14,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nieves View Post
    I do think his opinion is wrong and that he is wrong for feeling that way. No-one was really being vague in expressing that.
    Not wrong as in incorrect or immoral, but wrong as in not good for the future of the games. Noog09 either cares about the quality of future Sonic games in which case his is attitude is one that I think he shouldn't have, or, he doesn't.

    The OP demonstrates positivity that promotes laziness and cutting corners. Saying this does not mean I am on a crusade against positivity. I'm sick of this weird notion that negativity equates to insulting.

    None of which is happening in this thread. Selfish would be saying "This is what I want, regardless of its contribution to the game's quality or to its promise."
    First off, let me tell you that quality is very subjective, not matter how many people share similar thoughts on something. Apparently, you did not like the OPs' post because it goes against all of what you think makes a good Sonic game. Plus, most of what you think makes a good Sonic game is not necessary to be done to please many people as Sega possibly could. Further, even though there may be those who have the same expectations for a game such as yourself, I am sure most of them would not let that ruin the game for them, as I am sure they do not feel as strongly as you do in terms of things like physics and such. I am sure that even if

    Things like "laziness" and "poor level design" are relative and subject, and not completely agreed on by everyone. Where there is one thing that you may see as "laziness" or what you don't like or think brings the game down for you, there are plenty of others who can see otherwise, or not be bothered by them. In some aspects in some cases, that can be applied to the 3D games.

    Seriously, just because there are things you may not like about Sonic 4 doesn't mean everyone will think the same way, or be bothered as YOU may be about those things. Furthermore, it would not be hard to realize times have change, and how that affected Sonic 4 years after the classics. Also, you can't always get what you want, and there are even some things you do not need to enjoy the game. If what bothers you does not bother someone else, just let them have their opinion and accept that. You said that in the quoted post here, that his opinion was wrong, and having different preferences or opinions differing from what may be yours is not what could be called wrong. Putting one down for having a different opinion is just immature.

    @Flamerstreak
    Same to you. You can't be seriously saying I was putting Noog down, so if you think someone was, direct your post to them instead of including me in your generalisation. You can't be seriously basing your point on anyone crying end of the world because those replies were extremely not. And you can't seriously be scolding people for being negative when the points they are writing are negative points.

    Expressing something negatively does not equate to being offensive, it equates to being expressive and the difference does exist even if you haven't yet acknowledged it. You really have to get off the idea that those posts are putting the OP down, just because he got told so effectively.
    "Noog09 I think that if everyone thought like you it would end the chances of future Sonic games being any good ever again, and that really matters to me. But now I'm going to say this in a supportive way at the cost of my own expression."
    No, I don't have to. Expressing how we feel is an important thing; I only have to show the respect of not offending him. We aren't all BaronGrackle.
    You were not putting the OP down? Surely, you acted otherwise.

    Whether you put him down or not, that was no excuse to get on his case just because he is okay with things that you are not. That is just disrespectful, period. No "reason" or excuse can make it any more right. Maybe if you were to be more constructive, nicer and friendlier in terms of talking to him about what he likes, things would be okay. Still, even if it may not be putting him down to you, no one deserves this kind of treatment for anything. It is not so okay to be negative to others like that.

    I can tell that you have some kind of problem with his opinions, in terms of what you think would make a good Sonic game, but you and your preferences and opinions are no better than the OPs. So try to act more respectful to others with different opinions. That can do much more good than it would do bad.
    Last edited by Prodigy Z; 04-10-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    Image in my Avatar done by MikeDarko from DeviantArt
    Hate is just another obstacle for love. Once it is overcome, one will love more than he/she loved before.

  3. #53
    Senior Member DaviViana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fortaleza, Brazil.
    Posts
    248

    Default

    I'm really tired of this forum. All you guys do is complain.


  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,475

    Default

    Like I said to you Flamer, I wasn't putting him down. You write things like "no excuse for getting on his case" and "this kind of treatment." Uh... what treatment and where? Have you actually read my post? Please quote for me the part that is even indirectly referring to who he is.

    And this somehow is a greater concern to you than things like "****ing disappointment." You could be directing your argument somewhere where it actually makes sense, so how about a little less selective viewing?

    I mean, how could I even apologise to Noog? Which part of my post would I take back since I still believe it? It's a lot of preaching for no reason Flamer, and you trying to say that I'm the person getting on someone's case.

    Strong disagreement and expression of annoyance is not automatically a put down, it is communication. Would you prefer emotionless discussion? Or only emotions that you share? I am allowed to express my annoyance as long as I maintain the respect of not assuming it gives me the right to be offensive.


    So here's my feedback for Ep 3: Get rid of Dimps.

  5. #55
    Senior Member Silver Tha Hedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Crisis City fighting Iblis
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamerstreak View Post
    First off, let me tell you that quality is very subjective, not matter how many people share similar thoughts on something. Apparently, you did not like the OPs' post because it goes against all of what you think makes a good Sonic game. Plus, most of what you think makes a good Sonic game is not necessary to be done to please many people as Sega possibly could. Further, even though there may be those who have the same expectations for a game such as yourself, I am sure most of them would not let that ruin the game for them, as I am sure they do not feel as strongly as you do in terms of things like physics and such. I am sure that even if

    Things like "laziness" and "poor level design" are relative and subject, and not completely agreed on by everyone. Where there is one thing that you may see as "laziness" or what you don't like or think brings the game down for you, there are plenty of others who can see otherwise, or not be bothered by them. In some aspects in some cases, that can be applied to the 3D games.

    Seriously, just because there are things you may not like about Sonic 4 doesn't mean everyone will think the same way, or be bothered as YOU may be about those things. Furthermore, it would not be hard to realize times have change, and how that affected Sonic 4 years after the classics. Also, you can't always get what you want, and there are even some things you do not need to enjoy the game. If what bothers you does not bother someone else, just let them have their opinion and accept that. You said that in the quoted post here, that his opinion was wrong, and having different preferences or opinions differing from what may be yours is not what could be called wrong. Putting one down for having a different opinion is just immature.



    You were not putting the OP down? Surely, you acted otherwise.

    Whether you put him down or not, that was no excuse to get on his case just because he is okay with things that you are not. That is just disrespectful, period. No "reason" or excuse can make it any more right. Maybe if you were to be more constructive, nicer and friendlier in terms of talking to him about what he likes, things would be okay. Still, even if it may not be putting him down to you, no one deserves this kind of treatment for anything. It is not so okay to be negative to others like that.

    I can tell that you have some kind of problem with his opinions, in terms of what you think would make a good Sonic game, but you and your preferences and opinions are no better than the OPs. So try to act more respectful to others with different opinions. That can do much more good than it would do bad.
    This is the kind of person we need as a moderator.
    My Xbox 360 gamer-tag is TheS1lverNinja, I accept all friend requests so feel free to send me one

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leeds, Copley Hill, England.
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Tha Hedgehog View Post
    This is the kind of person we need as a moderator.
    Someone who can't string a coherent argument together without repeating themselves over and over? Yes, sure, we need to add them to the moderating team alongside the one-sided moderating. Of course, brilliant idea.

    Things like "laziness" and "poor level design" are relative and subject, and not completely agreed on by everyone.
    Flamerstreak, that's rubbish. Explain Bubbles chains to me. Are they a) lazy and poor design or b) a terrific piece of level design.

    I can accept that overall level design is going to come down to subjective views but there are certain facets of gameplay which are, whether you like it or not, definitely "poor level design" and inherently "lazy" when you realize just how many times they are reused throughout the same game...speed boosters, bubbles chains, bottomless pits. Argue those away as anything other than "poor level design" and you are effectively saying it's okay to automate and irritate gamers even further.

    I really am tired of having to defend my particular brand of opinion and others from being slammed, stepped on, insulted and various other passive-aggressive behaviour from the overall "positive" side.

    There has to be a tipping point whereby we just get on with it - ignoring the positive-to-the-point-of-fanboyism, and getting on with being critical of the game, but at all times trying to be factually correct and objective in our view.

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-JXJ View Post
    It seems like Dimps is purposefully running into the most blatantly obvious flaws and bad decisions with Sonic 4, every single one of them.
    Copley's View: Sonic 4, Episode I & II In depth View & Analysis.

  7. #57
    Senior Member frankay213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    319

    Default

    I can't wait for this game to come out so you people can stop this BS. Plus I want to play it, because it looks great.
    I need a better signature.

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leeds, Copley Hill, England.
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frankay213 View Post
    I can't wait for this game to come out so you people can stop this BS.
    You see? The whole damn thing is so much slanted in favour of "no one is allowed an opinion if it's negative" it's unreal.

    Plus I want to play it, because it looks great.
    Good for you. I respectively disagree, but you are welcome to do with your money what you wish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-JXJ View Post
    It seems like Dimps is purposefully running into the most blatantly obvious flaws and bad decisions with Sonic 4, every single one of them.
    Copley's View: Sonic 4, Episode I & II In depth View & Analysis.

  9. #59
    Senior Member BaronGrackle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lone Star Zone, Act 2 (Texas)
    Posts
    13,260

    Default

    ^ What's funny, is that in my brief experience here, a game's release does NOT mean people stop arguing about it. Most of the people who are looking forward to it... keep on enjoying it. Most of the people who see criticisms about it... remain disappointed. A very small amount of people change their opinions after actually experiencing the game. This is how it was with Episode I and Sonic Generations, methinks.

    And regardless, all the game's release does is give both sides more evidence (in the form of experience) when making their cases.
    Member of the Tailsfan Club (AKA the Fanboy Army of Death)
    Characterphile. Home console supporter. Continuity junkie. 2D fanboy.

    Read my fanfic: Tails Alone (Parts 1 and 2 Complete)

  10. #60
    Senior Member Saberclaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frankay213 View Post
    I can't wait for this game to come out so you people can stop this BS.
    People still believe that negativity = BS, weren't for that so called "negativity" episode 2 wouldn't have half the fix's it has this time around.

    Every time i say something episode 2 related, i state what i like, and what i dislike, i maintain my hopes regarding future episodes, but point out it's flaw's, what's so negative about that?
    Even if people don't feel encoraged to buy episode 2, doesn't mean they don't get a say about why they feel it's still underpowered.
    Actualy people should praise users such as Copley for that, even tho he stands by not buying it, he points why he feels that way, and ultimatly giving the feedback Sega requires in order to maintain the whole "unrivaled classic experience" phrase that started this whole thing. Instead of trying to run away from what they said, they should embrase it, and the only way to promote it, is to recieve feedback from players. Even Ken mentions that weren't it for the massive player feedback, they wouldn't have gotten to where they are today, and keeps on mentioning that episode 2 is more "true to the classics" i wonder why ;P.



    Adding this here, to back-up my point about Ken appreciating the feedback going on and forth in this forum, as they keep on trying to replicate this "classic style of gameplay" [0:45] all of which shouldn't be pointed out as an "negative" influence, as it took part on the creation of Ep 2.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •