View Poll Results: Would you buy an Xbox 360 controller that is inspired by the dreamcast???

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!!!!!

0 0%
  • ...NO

1 25.00%
  • Maybe?

2 50.00%
  • hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......depends

1 25.00%

Thread: Would you buy an Xbox 360 controller that is inspired by the dreamcast???

Default Would you buy an Xbox 360 controller that is inspired by the dreamcast???

So I was thinking today what if they made a Xbox 360 controller that was inspired by the dreamcast controller? I'm talking about a 3rd party controller by Sega, a 360 controller that resembles the dreamcast controller. And no not just a controller to play the dreamcast classics on but a fully functioning Xbox 360 controller used for all 360 games. Of course it has to be re-design a bit, make it slimmer since we don't need the controller slots for add ons. All they really need to do is add a second analog stick, bumpers, and an xbox guide button, and a back button. Other than that the top accessory port and the headphone slot. They can keep the Dreamcast D-pad since I hate the 360's one. Ha, well just a thought. Not sure if it should be wired or not, but I think its an pretty interesting just thinking of playing some modern games with it. Anyways whats your thoughts? Would you purchase said controller? For me its a solid yes if its built well. Keep in mind a wired one could double as a computer controller.
    Last edited by Vyse; 04-09-2012 at 12:45 AM.

...I'm pretty sure the Xbox controller already has some Dreamcast influence.
    So basically, you're asking us if we want an Xbox 1 controller with bumpers rather than the black and white buttons. Then, you modernize (for lack of a better word) the Xbox controller and you have the 360 controller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiaki Nanami
    Believe in youself... If you don't have that... it doesn't matter how many talents you have, you still won't be able to hold your head up high..

Quote Originally Posted by GGs Yoyo View Post
    ...I'm pretty sure the Xbox controller already has some Dreamcast influence.
    So basically, you're asking us if we want an Xbox 1 controller with bumpers rather than the black and white buttons. Then, you modernize (for lack of a better word) the Xbox controller and you have the 360 controller.
    Sure, I was thinking more about the controller shell to be more Dreamcast-like. Ha well just an idea I had 4 in the morning. :P

So what you're saying is a Dreamcast controller with all the buttons/thumbsticks/triggers/bumpers/functionality of a 360 controller. The xbox button where the VMU window would be. The VMU slots occupied by a wireless transmitter for connecting to a console and gyros for the vibration feedback/rumble pack.

I'm trying to picture it. Yeah, might work if you throw in an extra thumbstick and an extra button for the back button. Make the D-pad a transforming D-pad and I might consider buying one of these from a 3rd party seller.

It already IS.
    Don't you love it when you picture exactly how a thread will turn out?
    "Not next-gen"
    "It is next-gen"
    "Just wanna play vidya games"

Moorestalgia.

Banned

VMU - holds 3 games worth of data.

Create a character in World Series Baseball 2K1 takes 120 blocks.