Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guntechers:) i need helpp

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf114 View Post
    Here is a video of mine, doing Record of Assault S3 solo, during the Great Arms Race. Obviously there are some better weapons, and GAS out now, but it's still a taste of what Guntecher can do! It's not the best class in the game, but it's not bad, if you play it properly.

Note: This test was done on a female Cast Guntecher using lvl 3 Guntecher buffs, and Elemental weapon 2.

Female Cast GT - 2002 ATP + 560 with LKK and Shijin Combo

Mother Brain = 1543 DFP (bow ignore DFP, so 0 when using the bow)

Shots in 30 seconds: (used a stopwatch)
    Rifle - 49
    Bow - 36

PA Modifiers
    Rifle - lvl 42 Ground Shot = 204%
    Bow - lvl 42 Jisei-sou = 234%

Element % on the Rifles/bows: (fully GAS'ed with Rifle/Bow Element+ and Elemental Weapon)
    Rifle - 56%
    Bow - 58%

10/10 Weapon Stats: (FCP lvl 2 added)
    Holy Ray = 883 ATP
    Nasuyoteri = 1,079
    Edel Arrow = 1,314

Weapon Damage:
    Holy Ray - 2003
    2,003 x 49 = 98,144
    Damage in 30 sec = 98,144

Nasuyoteri - 2,830
    2830 x 36 = 101,880
    Damage in 30 sec = 101,880

Edel Arrow - 3,013
    3013 x 36 = 108,468
    Damage in 30 sec = 108,468

Here is the link to the damage calculator, if you want to add the numbers in yourself.

http://calc.psupedia.info/index.html
    People have been bashing bows for a while but ever since you ran these tests a while ago I know I'm safe and better off using bows. The knockdown is nice and all but isn't that what Masei is for? Anyways from now on when someone's talking trash about bows I'll make sure to point them here. Thanks for posting this.

You kind of prove my point about the bows. On bosses of course use bows. On rainbow beasts, bil de vears, svaltus I don't see the benefit of the bow. I want knockback and possibly burn / virus when I am solo, so I just use a rifle. With bows I can get knockback but no damaging status effects...and possibly less damage since neutral. I haven't tested in a while, so I will be happy to admit I'm wrong. In this event I am just using bows as my party can kill the svaltus in 2 seconds.

Did some math using your figures above and removing bow element:
    Edel Arrow neutral damage is 2158
    2158 * 36 = 77,688.
    Holy Ray from above 98,144.

It seems that if you are going for knockback purely then a rifle is your best bet. If you don't need knockback then elemental bow is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post
    Did some math using your figures above and removing bow element:
    Edel Arrow neutral damage is 2158
    2158 * 36 = 77,688.
    Holy Ray from above 98,144.

It seems that if you are going for knockback purely then a rifle is your best bet. If you don't need knockback then elemental bow is the best.
    I'd be curious to see how the holy ray compares against a 10/10 icarian bow rather than the edel arrow. It has a tiny bit more attack but more importantly it should have a 20% boost to PA damage.

In regards to knockback+status effects vs masei..With a 42 Masei-sou bow PA, not only will you get a knockdown effect, but more importantly you will get a level 5 stun effect...I have not tried this out but I would think that against rainbow beasts or bil de vears, rather than just standing back with a rifle and spamming that until they're dead, you could use a few masei-sou bullets (level 5 stun) and then run up and get several shotguns into him.

This is just the way I prefer to play because I can't stand to sit there with a rifle non-stop spamming bullets into a creature until it's dead. I'd rather be moving constantly, stunning, and going in for several shotguns, and then repeat.

Fair enough on the game play preferences. I plugged in the math again at 254% and got 2343 * 36 = 84,348 so before I even change the Edel's attack power I can assume the Icarian can't get to the rifle's damage. However, if the stun does last long enough to get a couple of shotgun rounds in the monster then I suppose stun is better. I tend to go burn to get the extra 4K tics.

I like to stay away while soloing, so I have never tried to get close for the shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by tinytim3501 View Post
    I'd be curious to see how the holy ray compares against a 10/10 icarian bow rather than the edel arrow. It has a tiny bit more attack but more importantly it should have a 20% boost to PA damage.
    I can do the numbers for the Icarian bow later. I did not add them to the test because 360 did not have them at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post
    Fair enough on the game play preferences. I plugged in the math again at 254% and got 2343 * 36 = 84,348 so before I even change the Edel's attack power I can assume the Icarian can't get to the rifle's damage.
    Edit: forget what I just posted. I will do these numbers as well later on.
    Last edited by Nightwolf114; 04-10-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12