Thread: QuackShot

Default QuackShot

Hey guys, so i was thinking, with all these requests of bringing back old games going back and forth, there has been but one game that i hardly see mentioned.
    And that game is indeed Quackshot.

No, the purpuse in this thread aint about bringing it back, but rather, i would like to see some hardcore people, that, such as myself, manadged to complete the game, to bring some personal experiences to the "table" .

Ahh such nostalgia, the game ain't exacly player friendly, and as a child, it gave me the chills, as mentioned, the game has a very dark approach, you can't ever be to cautelous, your enemy rather then the enemies themselfs, is the terrain in itself, there are alot of times that you find yourself lost, others that you are required to use the hints in order to progress, yup, be on your foot, one false step may lead to your downfall, and such as a normal arcade game, you know what that means

I can't imagine how many times did i hit a game over, only to start from scratch, the very 1st times you will be required to, most surely, hit a few game overs untill you know exacly what you have to do, even 20 years lather i find myself amusing as to how hard, and challeging this game is, heck the music is downright epic:

I wishe'd we could have such epic tunes brough back :<, and actualy, i could request this game brough to PSN/XBLA, but i hardly dout it :< as very few players request it nowadays, at least some people still know Ecco, which is also, one hell of a nightmarish game, but, such games will make you feel rewarded after completion, such a feel that not much games have nowadays actualy.

Eitherway, i haven't forgotten, about the times where just plugging this game to the megadrive meant you were destined to get creeped the hell out (alot of that due to the GENIOUS soundtrack in itself ^^ ).
    So, tell me guys, what are your experiences from the game, what were your worse times, and even if you ever freaked out playing the game, do tell
    I personaly both hated and loved, the Viking Ship, probably due to the music (Oh and the boss <3 that unexpected boss figh, creeped the hell out of me).
    So, who else remmembers of this 'ol duck and he's plungers :P?

Discuss :>

I like this idea! and anothers god games! like aero the acrobat , kid chameleon , super monaco gp, alex kid, altered beast, desert strike, two cude dudes, street of rage, golden axe , tiny toons, nba jam, Art Alive Kinect, Earthworm Jim, Strider, Gunstar Heroes, Comix Zone, and of course Rock N’ Roll Racing !

everything using the hedgehog engine ( that can be renamed for genesis engine)

Ohh Tiny toons, that was a heck of a game aswell i'd like seen brought back <3
    I still remmember the last level beeing an hassle!

Comicx zone is avalable on PSN at least :> , as soon as i found it i had to buy it haha!

QuackShot is one of my favorite Mega Drive games, I only consider the original Streets of Rage to be a better game. A re-release on PSN would be lovely, but I very much doubt that will happen as SEGA would probably need to re-license the characters from Disney for the re-release.
    Signatures sucks, especially signature images. Which is why I have them off, so I never see the blasted things.

Wow i remember this game as a kid growing...

Quote Originally Posted by Freddo View Post
    QuackShot is one of my favorite Mega Drive games, I only consider the original Streets of Rage to be a better game. A re-release on PSN would be lovely, but I very much doubt that will happen as SEGA would probably need to re-license the characters from Disney for the re-release.
    Sad, but true indeed, i don't also expectulate to see the game anytime soon, just felt like droping a thread about it as so few people seem to remmember it, and i consider it one of the best games of the megadrive era, the soundtrack is pure gold!

What are you're memories from it if i may ask ?
    Like, what was you're most say, "scary" boss among them all, what was youre worst zone?

My personal favorite lvl and boss:

I love the scenario aswell, an abandoned ship at pure night filled with vikings and ghosts, you manadge to enter it and it has this red tunned background filled with pipes, and some hidden secrets (this guy here takes the shortcut) The Maharajah's palace is filled with doors, its a maze that i remmember taking like 2h to figure out what was the correct door and such. There were also alot of levels that required you to visit another zone in order to progress, felt challenging, and added replayability, and an nice sence of acomplishment .