Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SEGA/Capcom/Bandai - 3DS RPG - Project X Zone

And I say this game shall be called
    Namco X Capcom + Sega
    -Signature with no originality goes here-

The game is looking good and its nice to see some SEGA characters such as Ulala, Kurt Irving and Sakura Shinguji in this. I also look forward to seeing what the trailer would be like too!

Also, if you want to see this game localised within the US, UK and worldwide, here is the link to support this and hopefully get Namco Bandai to localise this:

http://www.namcobandaigames.com/comm...c88e96&start=0

On a random note, this game better have an epic opening cutscene and theme song like Namco x Capcom did. Brave New World is a ing beautiful song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumsyorchid
    Good games stand alone, regardless of platform. If you consider yourself a gamer, then platform is honestly a secondary to the game. I'll always play a good game, no matter what platform it arrives on.
    Truer words have never been spoken before.

Namco x Capcom had Klonoa, I don't see why Sonic would not fit in this game. Namco x Capcom also had an awesome bunch of classic characters, so let's hope the best in this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Also, how come all the Capcom characters are from well known franchises? Only a few SEGA and Namco characters are well known
    Only because you don't know what Sega franchises are popular in Japan does not mean the game has unpopular characters. Sakura Taisen is (was) provably the most successful franchise from Sega after Sonic, Shining Force is strong too. In Japan, of course.

Edit: seems pretty confirmed Ulala attacks summoning classic characters, so far we have seen Opa Opa, Space Harrier, Alien Storm and of course the Morolian. She is provably dancing during all the attacks :P
    Last edited by suketodara; 04-14-2012 at 05:59 AM.
    http://forums.sega.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17155&dateline=124353  6215
    HEY SEGA, your fans also want to play Yakuza spin-off games!!

Quote Originally Posted by suketodara View Post
    Namco x Capcom had Klonoa, I don't see why Sonic would not fit in this game. Namco x Capcom also had an awesome bunch of classic characters, so let's hope the best in this one too.

Only because you don't know what Sega franchises are popular in Japan does not mean the game has unpopular characters. Sakura Taisen is (was) provably the most successful franchise from Sega after Sonic, Shining Force is strong too. In Japan, of course.

Edit: seems pretty confirmed Ulala attacks summoning classic characters, so far we have seen Opa Opa, Space Harrier, Alien Storm and of course the Morolian. She is provably dancing during all the attacks :P
    I should rephrase that. It seems like all the Capcom characters are from well known franchises worldwide. The Namco and SEGA ones are fairly Japan centric, when there are lots of other characters they could use that are more well-known worldwide, like Beat and NIGHTS (NIGHTS is kinda human-like right?), or, if they weren't sticking to just human characters, they could use Sonic, Aiai, Klonoa, Pac-Man, and many others.

i'll just wait for the completed roster
    this game still looks great either way

I think the difference between today's Sega and Capcom is that Capcom Japan has the global market in mind when making their games, while Sega Japan only cares about the Japanese market, and so Capcom has games that are popular equally in Japan and outside of it, and Sega does not.
    http://forums.sega.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17155&dateline=124353  6215
    HEY SEGA, your fans also want to play Yakuza spin-off games!!

I think the difference between today's Sega and Capcom is that Capcom Japan has the global market in mind when making their games, while Sega Japan only cares about the Japanese market, and so Capcom has games that are popular equally in Japan and outside of it, and Sega does not.
    Yeah, I wish it wasn't like that with soJ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    Yeah, I wish it wasn't like that with soJ...
    Blame the Sonic and Call of Duty fans that roam this board. One particular user comes to mind...
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2wp2uyd.jpg Vectorman TM & (C) SEGA

Quote Originally Posted by yotta_man View Post
    On a random note, this game better have an epic opening cutscene and theme song like Namco x Capcom did. Brave New World is a ing beautiful song.
    I totally dig the song. It's not often that I like anything upon first listen, but I took to that song pretty much immediately. I don't think it's a masterpiece or anything, but it's so engaging.

As far as Capcom I could totally see that.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/31...ar-in-the-u-s/
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ex...st-says-capcom

To whatever degree these articles are dated, it at least shows their mindset for the past few years. And it's totally Western conscious, or arguably..."Western-anxious," to make a silly neologism. Inafune is often noted for saying Japan is behind the West as far as progress, and Capcom Japan seems to see America/the West as the best consuming base and therefore is determined to appease more Western aesthetic or gameplay choices, as far as I can see.

But I didn't know about Sega's developments until recently, so I'm always interested in learning.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast