Page 1 of 580 123451151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Oblivion: Romance of the Emerald Kingdoms (RP)

Default Fantastic Oblivion: Romance of the Emerald Kingdoms (RP)

This is either going to come off as really awesome, or really dumb.
    I have no idea what I'm going to do with this RP. I have the setting and a few characters laid out, but nothing about the actual story. So this won't exactly follow the same format as my other RP intros.

Style:
    Fantastic Oblivion is a fantasy themed RP. Meaning nothing too modern, like guns or cars or cell phones will be allowed. The Fantasy theme itself is pretty lenient, meaning you can pretty much do anything or be anyone, provided your logic behind it isn't just "Because I can." You can also create your own storylines, should the ones I eventually come up with not be to your liking.

Setting:
    Fantastic Oblivion takes place in the land of the Emerald Kingdoms which consists of 8 Cities or Kingdoms, each with a Chaos Emerald at their heart, and with the Master Emerald at the heart of the Capitol, Olympus. The Kingdoms are a mountainous region, ripe with volcanic activity. It is protected by Ocean to the east, frozen wasteland to the north, a vast desert to the south, and dense, murky swamps to the west. These borders keep it mostly cut-off from the rest of the world. While most people live in one of the 8 major cities, several settlements have also been established throughout the land. There are also various ruins and such to keep you adventuring types occupied.

Cities:
    1. Olympus - The largest city, and the capitol of the Emerald Kingdoms. It is build into the side of a mountain, with its Castle settled at the peak. It is home to the Master Emerald.

2. Gallad - Home to the Red Emerald, Gallad is situated in a valley surrounded by many volcanoes, which provide heat to create steam and power the city.

3. Frohz - Home to the Cyan Emerald, located atop the highest mountain range in the Kingdoms, covered in snow all year round.

4. Arizanse - Home to the Yellow Emerald, built into the ruins of an ancient city at the edge of a vast desert.

5. Verdun - Home to the Green Emerald, located atop the massive Red Oak trees in a dense forest.

6. Noxus - Home to the Purple Emerald, nestled in the lee of a mountain which completely hides the city in shadow throughout the day.

7. Volkun - Home to the Magenta Emerald, located atop a plateau surrounded by fields of white flowers.

8. Undras - Home to the Blue Emerald, located deep underground amid phosphorescent crystal formations.

Story Possibilities:
    Think of them like Quests.

A.) The Warrior's Tournament: An annual tournament held in Olympus where fighters from all over go to prove their strength.

B.) Heart of Darkness: A woman in Arizanse is planning an expedition out into the desert to study the Ancient Civilization.

C.) East Emerald Mining Company: A group of adventurers is trying to harvest the phosphorescent Shine crystals from around Undras.

D.) Free Roam: Make your own destiny.

Characters:
    Both Sonic OCs and FCs are allowed.
    Both need to be put into this basic template:

Name: (Their name.)
    Race/Species: (What they are, if not human. (Race for humans, elves, dwarves, etc. Species for Anthros.))
    Class: (Either Warrior, Rogue, or Wizard.)
    Appearance: (What they look like in this RP.)
    Hometown: (Where they're from.)
    Weapon(s) of Choice: (Favorite Weapon, Spell, or method of Combat.)
    Bio: (A short description of them.)
    Characters in use:
    04-Leonhardt
    Name: Michelle Leonhardt
    Species: Human/Cat
    Class: Wizard (Red Mage/Alchemist)
    Appearance: A cat woman wearing red robes over leather armor with a large, red hat.
    Hometown: Verdun
    Weapon of Choice: Small explosives created via alchemy. Also magic. Carries a saber, too.
    Bio: A young woman who was once ranked highly in the Mages guild due to her talent with alchemy. However, philosophical differences led to her being forsaken from the guild. Having earned a small fortune in commission from her work as a Guild Mage, she turned to a life of adventuring to occupy her time.
    Last edited by 04-Leonhardt; 04-13-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    Undisputed, Self Proclaimed, Newly Ascended

A steaming pile of FCs

There are no real rules to this. So long as you don't godmod or try to kill the sun or anything.

This is open to anyone.

I'm talking to you, people that viewed this 20 times without posting.
    Last edited by 04-Leonhardt; 04-11-2012 at 10:06 AM.

A steaming pile of FCs

Senior Member ThisIsMyUsername7's Avatar

I'll try.

Name: Ava
    Species: Human
    Class: Warrior
    Appearance: A brunette girl with wings wearing leather armor over leggings, a shirt, and leather boots. She carries a black bag with her possessions in them, except for her sword sheathed at her side.
    Hometown: Verdun
    Weapon of choice: The Blade of the Elements, a sword she found while exploring one day.
    Bio: After her mother, a Mage, accidentally bestowed her with feathery white wings while trying to cure her of an illness in early childhood, Ava learned how to fly and became adventurous. However, since she has no magical powers whatsoever, her mother doesn't know what to do with her. However, Ava had a plan: to prove her worth as a warrior.

Is that good?
    http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac2/Dran0n/NothingToDoHere.jpg
    1997-2012
    Rest in peace, Jaycee, and may you enjoy eternal life in the heavens above. You're forever in my heart.

Perfect.

A steaming pile of FCs

As she was wandering the snowy, white fields of the Spirit Lillies, their petals sacttering as she waded through the alabaster flora, there was the hurried footsteps of a courier, sprinting through the feild towards her, his footsteps barely causing a disturbance in the flowers. Michelle turned, to greet the courier, who was reaching into his bag as he almost came skidding to a halt. The blue skinned hedgehog handed her a letter, sealed with the insignia of the Mages Guild, before accepting his pay of 2 gold Eurocchi, before sprinting off to his next delivery.

Michelle looked at the letter. Why would the Guild send her a message after having been disavowed for over a year? A mix-up with the post? No, it was clearly addressed to her. Hold on... It was sent by another Guild member, not the Guild Board of Directors.

Dearest Michelle,

Hello, it's Anabelle, from the Mages Guild. I require your expertise and combat skills on a new expidition of mine into the White Desert. The Guild is looking to secure some artifacts from the Ruins of the Ancients deep in the desert, and assigned me to the task. While I am proficient in the scholastic arts, I know little of combat, and need a personal bodyguard to accompany the other Guild Mages in this venture. I remember that you were one of the best Destruction mages in the Guild, with extensive knowledge of Alchemy and potions. You would be invaluable on our expidition. I will pay you personally, as the Guild does not sponsor outside help. Meet me in Arizanse within the month if you are interested.

~Anabelle
    Sounds easy enough. Poke around in some ruins and find some lost tomes or ancient statues and take them back to the Guild for money and fame. Child's play. However, it is rarely that easy with the Guild. Thankfully, as an outside party, she would not have to abide by their regulations for dungeon delving and would be free to loot whatever she could find and hide from the other Guild mages.

She set off towards Arizanse, with thoughts of riches and glory, prepared for her latest adventure.

A steaming pile of FCs

I'll fill out my form later on. It's going on 2 AM over here(I should go eat some icecream now to wake me), don't worry, I'll join

I will join as soon as I get to my pc and not my iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight Rage Zone View Post
    As Matt would say about the Europeans: ''Get your money for nothing and your chicks for free.''

Quote Originally Posted by Twylis View Post
    Nawt incloodinh Maffyew wuld be riek nu one cawsplayinh as Goku at an animu convenchun.

Senior Member ThisIsMyUsername7's Avatar

Somewhere in the forest of the red oaks, a bird sang its song. Soon, many others tweeted away as the sun came up, marking the start of another day.
    Ava watched the sun rise from the thatched roof of her cottage while listening to the bird songs. Soon, everyone in the city of Verdun would be awake. But for now, it was just her, on top of the roof of her abode, on a quiet street of the city.
    What to do today, she asked herself. Go exploring? Just fly about? Or find Elijah?
    Elijah was the blacksmith's son, a gray fox who could do anything with metal or wood. Many times, Ava had woken up on her birthday to find a little metal or wooden creation on the stoop as a gift.
    "I should go find Elijah," she confirmed. "Maybe he can come with me today."
    With that, Ava jumped off the roof and flew down to the ground. She was about to take off down the street when she heard her mother call, "Ava! Where are you going?"
    Ava groaned. "Down to the blacksmith's, mother."
    "Not today, you're not!" her mother called back. "You're going to help me around the shop today."
    Ava groaned yet again. Her mother, a Mage that also served as one of Verdun's healers, often tried to get Ava to discover her powers by helping her make potions and cast spells. Unfortunately, Ava didn't have an ounce of magic in her, but her mother kept trying.
    "Can you give me a few minutes?" Ava asked. "This won't take me long."
    It was a long pause before her mover answered, "Fine, but you had better be back soon."
    Ava jumped into the air, flapped her powerful wings, and flew toward the city's center.
    -----------------------------------
    Ava landed on the roof of some building in the square. She looked around; not a single shop was open.
    "What's going on?" she asked herself, when she heard the sound of chattering from below.
    She looked down. In the square, the citizens were gathered at the large wooden wall where announcements were posted.
    Ava flew down and ran to the crowd. She weaved through everyone until she got to the front and read the sign.
    "'The Warrior's Tournament,'" she read. "'An annual contest held in the capital city of Olympus where warriors from all over come to prove their abilities.'"
    She read on. "'There is no charge to enter, and the winner will be forever known as one of the greatest and most honorable warriors in the land.'" It would also happen a week from now.
    This was it. This was how she could leave Verdun, especially her mother and the apothecary. She could finally see the world outside of the red oak forest. She could become a warrior and never have to worry about feigning magical abilities again.
    She ran off to find Elijah and tell him of her great news.
    http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac2/Dran0n/NothingToDoHere.jpg
    1997-2012
    Rest in peace, Jaycee, and may you enjoy eternal life in the heavens above. You're forever in my heart.

At the present, I'm not gonna join. Things to do and all.

Might join later though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    If you think this game will be good because it has the classic model: you are an idiot.
    If you think this game will be bad because it has the classic model: you are still an idiot.

Hm... THAT'S what you were talking about, I see now

Page 1 of 580 123451151101501 ... LastLast