View Poll Results: Tails as leader in single-player. Would this option be a good thing?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

94 87.04%
  • No

2 1.85%
  • Meh, I don't care.

11 10.19%
  • I refuse to be pulled into your trap, Tails fanatic!

1 0.93%
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Poll and discuss: Tails as optional leader

Quote Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
    Here's a follow-up question. Imagine that SEGA changes things so that Tails can be the leader. For the sake of convenience (or necessity), they give Tails the Homing Attack.

. . .

In this scenario, would it have been better for SEGA to not have included the Tails leader option at all? Or would it still be preferable to have homing-attack-Tails-leader instead of no Tails leader at all?
    I can't exacly go with this, because i can't see Sega compensating one mistake with another, i believe they know fairly well, and i shall reinforce, the homing attack has broke the game enought as it is, making homing atackless character's have the ability would only further wond up on player's like me, that like to be able to play the game in an simple flow, and in a way like a change of envorment (these last few year's only playing sonic, bringing back tail's only to find out he plays simmilar? No thank you).

Bringing Tails in the lead will compensate alot of thing's for a solo player to be able to pull off both stunt's of homing attack/ air dash/ flying, at least it contribute's for the freedom of choise.

But in a straightforward answer, if what you say, turne'd out to be true, i would rather not have Tail's in the lead at all, instead of bringing freedom, it would only further enfasize more automation uppon the player. To what you all know i dislike :P

(You all may notice I didn't answer my own question. I'm tending to agree with the responses so far. )
    Member of the Tailsfan Club (AKA the Fanboy Army of Death)
    Characterphile. Home console supporter. Continuity junkie. 2D fanboy.

Read my fanfic: Tails Alone (Parts 1 and 2 Complete)

I think it's VERY probable that if Tails is playable he'll have the homing attack and a gimped or non existant flight.
    They've proven once and again they can't see out of the box and that instead of accomodating new routes to add Tails, it'd be waaay easier to accomodate Tails to the existing routes, making him nothing more than a Sonic clone.

All this depends on how much effort and thought they plan to put into these stages and the implementation of Tails. Probably not much

Tails should be able to lead.

72 Say Yes, 10 Say No. If theres not a patch, Sega isnt paying attention.

72 people is just a sample of a very small sample of people on an internet forum, and doesn't fully reflect an overall opinion across a) the fanbase and b) the general public across the globe who will buy the game.

However I don't think it's daft to say that options in games are better than a lack of options. You'd be surprised at how much replay value gets added by simple switches of character skins, or adding character specific moves, storylines, etc etc, and the game buying public lap it up.

It's why Sonic 2 was (is?) the best selling Sonic game of all time and no other game comes close. Oh, it had its flaws, but it had the replay value down a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-JXJ View Post
    It seems like Dimps is purposefully running into the most blatantly obvious flaws and bad decisions with Sonic 4, every single one of them.
    Copley's View: Sonic 4, Episode I & II In depth View & Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Copley Hill Zone View Post
    However I don't think it's daft to say that options in games are better than a lack of options. You'd be surprised at how much replay value gets added by simple switches of character skins, or adding character specific moves, storylines, etc etc, and the game buying public lap it up.
    I'm hoping Episode Metal causes a lot of people to go back and buy Episode I if they didn't before... if so, then maybe SEGA would notice.
    Member of the Tailsfan Club (AKA the Fanboy Army of Death)
    Characterphile. Home console supporter. Continuity junkie. 2D fanboy.

Read my fanfic: Tails Alone (Parts 1 and 2 Complete)

Senior Member Aaronterasu Okami's Avatar

I'm hoping Episode Metal causes a lot of people to go back and buy Episode I if they didn't before... if so, then maybe SEGA would notice.
    Well you can count me in for rebuying E1, since I have it for wii it just wouldn't sit right buying E2 on xbox-360 and leave E1 on the wii.... I WANT THAT DLC so uh yes I'm willing to fork over money for an HD E1.
    Sonic Boom's Biggest Fan

Here's a follow-up question. Imagine that SEGA changes things so that Tails can be the leader. For the sake of convenience (or necessity), they give Tails the Homing Attack.

. . .

In this scenario, would it have been better for SEGA to not have included the Tails leader option at all? Or would it still be preferable to have homing-attack-Tails-leader instead of no Tails leader at all?
    I'm a little late to the response party...but no Tails shouldn't have homing attack. As others have answered already he could fly over the bubble chains if he needs to. BUT, let me play with this scenario.

If you wanted to get fancy....lets say Tails could lead and when both he and Sonic go up a ramp together, they are launched into the sky and lo and behold....you see a bubble chain. "What do you do hot shot? What do you do?" (I'm going with the notion that Tails can't just start flying after being launched up a ramp.) Well if switching between Sonic and Tails in the lead is as seamless as say Heroes, why not switch into Sonic in mid air and deliver the homing attack? I know lots of people dislike the homing attack/bubbles mechanic and yes, even I think it is a bit uninspired and redundant, BUT switching during those critical moments, it is yet another OPTION (ah there's that lovely word again.) that you could mess with to change up the gameplay some.

Check out my latest film!
    Zach Cooper's Epic Speedrun

It happened in Sonic Advance 3, and the world didn't collapse.
    From what I've heard, some people who played Adv. 3 didn't like the game's team co-op mechanic system, although from what I've seen in some gameplay videos of Sonic Advance 3, the level design wasn't built around the team gameplay mode. Some areas you could use the team-based mechanic to reach it, but it wasn't the only means of reaching said areas. And at least Sonic Advance 3 let you choose which character you could lead at the very start.
    Last edited by Yeow95; 04-17-2012 at 02:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostitude View Post
    Just because Sega pushes out what they want for us doesn't mean the fanbase doesn't know what they want. At this rate, what's considered *good* classic gameplay is going to become so convoluted between the fans and the company, Sega will never get it right lol

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast