Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changes to Infractions & Warnings

Clumsyorchid - In b4 lock Julian's Avatar

Default Changes to Infractions & Warnings

In an effort to curb some of the bad behavior we're seeing across the boards, we are modifying the length of time that infractions and warnings remain 'active' on accounts. Effective immediately, the following changes will go into effect:

An infraction that would normally last 15 days is now 3 months
    An infraction that would normally last 30 days is now 9 months
    An infraction that would normally last 60 days is now 12 months

This may seem like a bigger change, but it's really more in line with what we view them as currently. We want infractions to have an impact, we want them to be something that you do not want, nor think you can get away with.

At the end of the day, we want to ensure that the SEGA forums are an engaging and fun place to post. A place to meet up with fellow community members and enjoy the common ground of a shared hobby. As this is a new change, we expect some concerns or questions, so this thread is open for discussion.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

@SEGA does what @Nintendon't

This change is for warnings/infractions AFTER this thread, right? It doesn't effect previously earned infractions?

To me it doesn't encourage quality posts, but encourages posting less often. I don't know, I fear getting in trouble in any ways, and considering the infractions I received before I didn't know I was breaking rules in any way, it just makes me think about not posting, period.
    http://mcurrie.net/
    If I'm responding you probably did something worth responding to.

Super Moderator - His High Lord Cromulensce cochrane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AutoSaver View Post
    This change is for warnings/infractions AFTER this thread, right? It doesn't effect previously earned infractions?
    Yes, that is correct. This will be for all new warnings or infractions going forward from today. Any previous 15 or 30 day warnings on your record won't change.

Clumsyorchid - In b4 lock Julian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mslurr View Post
    To me it doesn't encourage quality posts, but encourages posting less often. I don't know, I fear getting in trouble in any ways, and considering the infractions I received before I didn't know I was breaking rules in any way, it just makes me think about not posting, period.
    This will only affect infractions more than warnings. The challenge we face in some cases is a lack of value applied to both warnings and infractions. Most people here shouldn't get an infraction ever - a warning should be enough to stop the behavior before it gets to that.

Warnings are just that, warnings - they are meant to let you know something is not acceptable, but not to penalize you for it. If you have any questions about the warning, feel free to reach out to the moderator who issued it or any of the admins and we're happy to discuss.

Our rules are really straight forward and the majority of actions we take are to remind people to be civil to one another. I hope that this makes quality posts go up, and negative / attack oriented posts go down - that's the goal of a warning / infraction system in the first place.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

@SEGA does what @Nintendon't

The current 24 hour, 48 hour, and perma ban system is still in effect right?

Hmm... gotta be more careful when posting my opinions now. Haven't gotten an infraction in since January, and I want to avoid getting them. :P

in other news, more people have arrived to he internet gulag, all of them from the sega board.
    several of them claiming "i only said i hated the sonic franchise!". more as it develops
    sega does what nintendon't.... which is FAILING COLLOSSALY AND DYING

a 12 month infraction? I'd better be a good boy...

I remember that one time I got an infraction. I felt like I went on a puppy massacre one night for all of the days before it expired. I would have suicided by the time a few months were over....

Things to never do in an argument:
    *Respond with memes
    *Point out a minor typo for a counter
    *Disagree with ultimate victory

This seriously scares me, Please PM me how close I am to getting banned, Admin!
    "Excuse me. Everyone, I have a brief announcement to make. Sonicís eyes was black, Shadow The Hedgehog was the devil, and the Social Media Team is lying about Sonic Mania. Thank you for your time and good night."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast