Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ArchieSonicLulz's Sonic Demotivational Poster: Innuendos

I really hesitated to submit this one since I know it's going to be controversial, (lol) but I decided to just go for it anyway. I'm going to call out Ian whether he or his fans like it or not. annnnnd be horribly wrong in the process. Anyway, let me start with why I made this in the first place. Because you're a biased Son/Sal fan?

First of all, since 230, I have noticed an alarming amount of eye arching moments that left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.
    And the irony is, I'm only going to mention 3 of them. [b] Learn the definition of Irony. Oh, I could've mentioned the fact Bunnie has YET to comment one time about the pain and sadness losing Sally to roboticization. That one I definitely believe Ian should be held accountable for. Whose best friend wouldn't say something about it? Is he daring to imply Bunnie doesn't care about the fact Sally is gone now?

In the same week Bunnie found out her best friend was roboticized, she....

A.) Was crystalized and nearly killed by Naugus.

B.) Only to be reverted back to full flesh and blood.

C.) Then go into battle against her best friend only to figure out she's now completely useless in a fight.

D.) Had her HUSBAND nearly killed by an explosion from Metal Sonic.

There's way too much going on in her life to show everything she's feeling. The story has to go at a good clip and we don't have time for everything. Also, as much as I'm sure she's probably mourned for Sally off-screen. Besides, husband > best friend. That's why the focus is on her mourning for Antione.

I could also make a case about the fact Sonic seemed more interested in going to a trial than trying to pursue other options of rescuing his girlfriend.

And no, I don't buy the argument that he was too tired and needed a break. The trial was the following morning. He could have easily skipped it.But no, he didn't.

You skipped the whole part where he almost immediately went to Angel Island to get a warp ring to try and get to the Death Egg only to argue with Knuckles over it since it might do more harm than good. That happened BEFORE the trial. Y'know, that part you argue about later?

I could even make a good point about the fact Sally's parents haven't made any comments about their daughter's fate, though that one would be a bit nitpicking since they don't get much screentime. Actually, I take that back. We SHOULD'VE had one moment to show how they're coping with it now. Hmmm... Agreed. Only time that'll happen in this post. Anyway, *clears throat* moving on...

1. Inappropriate SonAmy innuendos That don't exist.

Now, let me state for the record, I have nothing against SonAmy. This is not a protest or even a rant against its pairing or moments of it. Yes it is. Otherwise you wouldn't be talking about it.

What I am against is when Sonic is dealing with the loss of a girl he just got back together with, Ian decides to have these disgusting hints of them becoming more than just good friends. There should be NO HINTS of this whatsoever for the time being. Sonic just lost Sally to roboticization! Does Ian not get anything about respect and showing class? Do YOU not get that you're looking for things that are not there?

If their time together was done respectfully and just showed Amy wanting to comfort Sonic, Which it DID show. I would have no qualms about it whatsoever. But no. We actually see Amy, displaying a heart emoticon while Sonic is carrying her in 232.

She's mourning, not dead. Even with the greatest tragedies, people try to get on with SOME semblance of their old lives.

And then in 235, Sonic actually says, "At least I can be there for Amy." To comfort her at a time of mourning.

That is just plain disgusting! How can Amy even think of being happy in Sonic's arms? Did she just forget all of a sudden that Sally was cruelly taken from him? Did she not think at all that he would be vulnerable and emotionally unstable from such a jolting event? Or was she just enjoying the moment of having no Sally to compete with now?

Again. She's mourning, not dead. Her emotions and hormones will still take over.

Now, I'm only going to give half blame to Ian on the fist one because I understand the artists might have snuck this one without him knowing until after it was published. Still, it was completely inexcusable. You do not put those little innuendos in such sad moments. It nothing more than a classless move by Archie Comics.

And Sonic... why did Ian have him mention only Amy as someone he can be there for? Because she's right there. In his house. Crying on his parent's shoulder's. What about Tails? His dad comforted him. What about Bunnie? What about his parents or even Uncle Chuck? What, aren't they going through a hard time too? Shouldn't they be someone he should be there for as well, if not more so due to them being closer in relationship?

Because we don't need EVERY Sonic sob scene hogging up the book. They don't have the room in the comic to show him crying on the shoulder's of EVERYONE. Also, why NOT Amy?

No, this one is all on Flynn. He can sugarcoat all he wants and imply that Sonic was just trying to be sweet and kind towards Amy crying in the other room. Because it's the truth.

BALONEY! Mmmmm....Baloney. "Drools" He instinctively put that little line in there on purpose, thinking it wouldn't be noticed since it looks does look innocent. And yet it isn't. Had he said, "Poor Amy, I guess she's really taking this hard now." Or, "You know, I really should be there for Tails and Amy more. Knowing them, they're pretty really shaken up right now."

He was feeling guilty about the way he used to tease Antoine and wants SOME way to make amends for what he's done. He knows that he also teases Amy and keeps her at a distance usually. He says that if he couldn't be there for Antoine, he could at least be there for her when she's y'know, CRYING IN THE NEXT ROOM OVER! If he didn't at least go to the door to make the attempt, then he really would have been a jerk.

Oh, and you seem to be forgetting that Silver showed up so there was never a scene of Sonic comforting Amy anyway.

Had it been something on that line, I wouldn't have made a peep about it. Yes you would have

But no, we get a little SonAmy innuendo there instead in a scene that should have been handed with care and respect. No we didn't. It's all in your head.

Yea, you sure you don't want to admit you're a SonAmy fan, Ian? LOL Sure he is.

Moving on...

2. Knuckles refusing to help Sonic find the Death Egg.

Does Flynn really think we're stupid? His excuses for not wanting to lift a finger were just plain asinine. Ian might as well have him say, "Sonic, I want to help you, but then the head writer's overblown story would be finished sooner. Thus, he wouldn't get his fun of dragging it out for 20+ issues and toying with the fans." This was nothing more than a completely classless move by a classless head writer.

His excuses were very valid. Mainly...

A.) The warp ring might not take him to exactly where need needs to go and he could get stuck or killed and...

B.) If he succeeded in getting aboard the Death Egg, that doesn't mean he'd succeed in rescuing Sally and could give Eggman an oppotunity to steal the warp ring giving him a VERY powerful tool.

It shows me that Ian wants to put Sally through hell just for the fun of it. He clearly has a vendetta against her and is now showing it full force. There is no reason whatsoever to drag out a story this long for any main character, loved or hated. This is nothing more than corrupt fanboyism as its worst. Like this post I'm reading and replying to. Well, less "Corrupt" than "Hilarious".

3. Bunnie leaving Antoine while in a coma.

Ian, there are no words to describe my contempt for you. When I saw this, I wanted to smack you upside the head.

HOW DARE YOU make one of the sweetest and most loving characters of this series just walk up and leave her beloved husband in his most fragile moment, without even thinking it over might I add.

Had Bunnie actually thought over this crazy idea for awhile and then done it, I might have let it go because at least I could say, "Hey, she feels this is something she has to do." Only you have no idea how much time has passed and how long she has been there thinking this over so your opinion is invalid. But here Bunnie didn't do any soul searching or even get any counsel about it. She just walks up and leaves, leaving her husband currently in the arms of Geoffrey St. John. Whom she had no clue was visiting as she left well ahead with a note for her friends. And wouldn't you know it... According to the last SU cover, he's causing trouble again for Naugus.

Yea, WELL DONE, IAN! You just turned Bunnie into a heartless jerk! How? She's leaving her husband in the very capable hands of the doctors and nurses at the hospital to possibly find a way to get her cybernetics back so she can try and help again. She feels extremely powerless and helpless right now and is willing to sacrifice herself to stop any more of this from happening. HOW SELFISH!

SHAME ON YOU!

Anyway, I've said my piece.

I'll just finish up by saying Ian is one of the worst story tellers I've ever seen. Nah. He's just saddled with some of the worst fans. He had no respect for touching moments, couldn't care less about making characters look heartless when there's no reason to do so and just wants to shock us for the heck of it. He wants to show that it's not always gonna be about saving the day by the next issue and that sometimes the heroes have to struggle in order for the victory to be that much greater. Or did you never see SATAM. Y'know, were it was just them against Robotnik who had polluted and controled the entire world?

Also, no one is acting heartless. A lot of that junk is you misinterpreting things due to your own biases.

Oh, whoopdeedoo! Ian, the day you get fired will be the best thing that'll ever happen to this comic. You are ten times the hack Bollers and Penders are. I would rather read their stuff than yours anyday. This is my personal opinion and I have a right to express it, just as you do with yours.
    And I have the right to tear it apart and show the flaws. Look, it's pretty obvious you're interpreting this all wrong and it's coming from your own biases.

You gotta love this fandom. Either...

A.) Ian is a Son/Sal fan.
    B.) Ian is a Son/Amy fan.
    c.) Ian is a Tails/Amy fan.

The poor guy can't win no matter what. It's something I learned reading posts on forums like these. It's pretty obvious that some here have Son/Sal bias while others have Son/Amy bias and others still just want the entire comic to be game cannon only. Meanwhile, I just want a good story with good characterization which I feel I get most of the time (sans 30yl stories). If I feel a story is boring (Genesis) or the pacing is too slow (pre-Genesis Son/Sal dating junk), then I let Ian know how I feel. But for the most part, I personally feel Ian gives more depth and personality to these characters (sans Shadow) than the Sega games themselves could ever hope for.

BTW, anyone else NOT surprised that Browsas was the one to post this topic?
    Last edited by shigamado; 04-16-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shigamado View Post
    And I have the right to tear it apart and show the flaws. Look, it's pretty obvious you're interpreting this all wrong and it's coming from your own biases.

The poor guy can't win no matter what. It's something I learned reading posts on forums like these. It's pretty obvious that some here have Son/Sal bias while others have Son/Amy bias and others still just want the entire comic to be game cannon only. Meanwhile, I just want a good story with good characterization which I feel I get most of the time (sans 30yl stories). If I feel a story is boring (Genesis) or the pacing is too slow (pre-Genesis Son/Sal dating junk), then I let Ian know how I feel. But for the most part, I personally feel Ian gives more depth and personality to these characters (sans Shadow) than the Sega games themselves could ever hope for.

BTW, anyone else NOT surprised that Browsas was the one to post this topic?
    Good points all around on your part. Ian's facing the brunt of fanboys and fangirls from all sides it seems. I suppose it comes with the turf in this fanbase, but the comic has been creating a lot of fanboys for years in terms of certain biased expectations. In any case, this guy is clearly still hurt that his poor Sally isn't in the position of head female that she once was.

As for Browsas, for a guy who claims that he's "in the middle" I do see him leaning a little in favor of Sally Acorn. However, I can't be sure if his motivation for this thread was to display his beliefs, to offer another idea for discussion, or to give us something to tear apart. I feel that it's more of the second option.

This is probably why I'm a lot more sympathetic to Flynn; he's either hated by the comic fandom for messing with their precious Sally Acorn, or he's hated by the game fandom for changing things from that universe, its a lose-lose situation with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokonoe View Post
    The internet is ruining my childhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    It'll ruin your adulthood too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic5993 View Post
    he's either hated by the comic fandom for messing with their precious Sally Acorn
    ^
    Assuming that the comic fandom is all about Sally.

There are plenty of people who do not care for her for starters. Second Ian gets no sympathy points from me because cross-shipping, that one thing that should stay in the fandom's fanfictions, not in official media, is a game where the only way to win is to not play that aspect. To be fair is not all his fault when we had two characters introduced as love interests in the first place in different canons, however the wisest thing for him should had been to not take sides (which he does) and instead use those two female characters for other more meaningful and important things where their endearing qualities (which they have) as it focuses on the actual characters instead of a silly ship (really, anyone who claims to be an Amy/Sally fan and who is only interested in their respective ships with Sonic rather than the aspects that make the actual characters is not a good fan of them)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovahexeon View Post
    Besides, SMS is a girl.

Senior Member Crystal Chaotix 3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaGamer14 View Post
    Um..this dude needs to chill out. Didn't this person notice that Bunnie's husband is near life or death,
    I'm pretty sure that was the reason this person was so mad about her leaving.

However, I do think that this person went a little over the top with some of this. Especially the part where he says he can at least be there for Amy when she's right there, crying in the next room.

Actually, I'm surprisingly disagreeing with a lot of this. I have a lot of negative points I wish to take issue with the comics about but this is pushing it... into areas that don't really need to be talked about honestly.
    Favorite Characters: 1st Place: Dr. Eggman, 2nd Place: Charmy Bee, 3rd Place: Vector the Crocodile, 4th Place: E-123 Omega, 5th Place: Miles "Tails" Prower, 6th Place: Sonic the Hedgehog 7th Place: Rouge the Bat

Did he?...
    Did that person even read those issues? I mean... What?
    I don't mean to bash someones opinion on the matter. But well. Archie absolutely loves to force the "Amy's a ballistic idiot fangirl" thing so of course she's going to express joy that he's carrying her even after they just lost Sally.
    The thing about being there for Amy? I mean, come on. It had that in the previous pages of that very issue...
    Seriously has this person missed over 40 issues of Ian's reign of forcing SonSal so hard we get a bad taste in our mouths?? Is it because that part is suddenly paused (until she's cured of course) that they're convinced it's over forever?
    Just.
    Just bleh.

The poor guy can't win no matter what. It's something I learned reading posts on forums like these.
    The only people accusing Ian of being anything short of a SonSal supporter are the pockets of the fandom who are isolated from the forums and don't do their homework. There is more evidence that has already been presented to suggest he had a bias to SonSal, and Sally as a character. From Ian himself. Whereas anything related to Tails/Amy and Son/Amy are just speculatory theories with little to no basis.

But despite this person's intentions, their rantrave above makes for the kinds of things that actually hurt the pro-Sally movement more than it helps. All it does is help reinforce negative stereotypes about her fans, and makes them look like they just want the book to be about Sally, Sally, Sally.
    Last edited by Ramchopz; 04-17-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Oh wow. SonAmy shipping in Archie Sonic? Since when has that been anything other than blatantly one sided in Archie? And I do mean BLATANTLY one sided. This guy is reading things between the lines that aren't there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234