Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should a sonic satam sequel be made?

Super Moderator - Four Tails of Fury QuadTails's Avatar

It really is unfortunate that we never saw Season 3 or a continuation of the SatAM series. We can all thank the new-at-the-time ABC president... and perhaps the Power Rangers as well. I was enraged so much when I found out SatAM was never finished, all because of ABC and some lame action/adventure tv show.

I never understood the appeal of the rangers as a kid, but as I got older I think I was beginning to understand. It was hilarious. Hilariously bad. Okay, maybe that's just my "lolgrownup" ego speaking but it just looks so terrible if you watch the original series today. Fighting against non-animated puppets, exaggerated acting, the works. It was bad back then and it's only worse now. Something like this would be better in an animated series.

SatAM was animated; you had talking, mutated animals but it was all excusable... plus the fact that I'm a Sonic fan, so I am kinda biased on that matter. If you tried making something like that into a live action show in the 90's, it would look like a joke.

Okay, so this post is kind of contradicting itself, but I don't really care. The PRs bored me and put me to sleep. SatAM shouldn't have failed in such a way.
    Tired of the same old forum emoticons? Are you a Tails fan?
    Then get the Tails emoticon Sega forum script today! (URL has been fixed!)

~A script by XFoxPrower and QuadTails~

Quote Originally Posted by DaGamer14 View Post
    Oh. *exciteness faded* Maybe we could all make one
    Now if only i had an tablet ;p *hahaha*
    Mouse powers activate!

Senior Member Aaronterasu Okami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuadTails View Post
    It really is unfortunate that we never saw Season 3 or a continuation of the SatAM series. We can all thank the new-at-the-time ABC president... and perhaps the Power Rangers as well. I was enraged so much when I found out SatAM was never finished, all because of ABC and some lame action/adventure tv show.I never understood the appeal of the rangers as a kid, but as I got older I think I was beginning to understand. It was hilarious. Hilariously bad. Okay, maybe that's just my "lolgrownup" ego speaking but it just looks so terrible if you watch the original series today. Fighting against non-animated puppets, exaggerated acting, the works. It was bad back then and it's only worse now. Something like this would be better in an animated series.SatAM was animated; you had talking, mutated animals but it was all excusable... plus the fact that I'm a Sonic fan, so I am kinda biased on that matter. If you tried making something like that into a live action show in the 90's, it would look like a joke. Okay, so this post is kind of contradicting itself, but I don't really care. The PRs bored me and put me to sleep. SatAM shouldn't have failed in such a way.
    Back then as a kid I loved watching Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and didn't care much for sonic satam because ABC had it come on super early in the morning and I couldn't get up in time to watch it except seeing the last 2 minutes before the credits, so I just watched Power Rangers until such time when the show started to become lame.

I feel bad about being apart of the reason for satams cancelation but it's ABC's fault as well for airing it early at a time when kids are still sleeping.
    Last edited by Aaronterasu Okami; 04-14-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    Sonic Boom's Biggest Fan

While I never watched Power Rangers on the television, I did enjoy the theatrical film of it. Course, I don't matter to SatAM's cancellation because ABC isn't in the UK and I don't think SatAM did well in our ratings with or without the Sentai Squads as a secondary obstacle.
    The Sega West forum's resident reptilian analyst/fangirl saying "Seriously, if I couldn't get any more than that in Generations, he's never coming back".

Character Researcher, Logistical, Obsessed.

@Aaronterasu Okami: Well, I had a Super Nintendo in the 90s, and I still do, so you're not the only one on these forums that supported Sonic's competition in the past! Heck, I didn't watch Sonic SatAM either; my sister did! I just became a fan when I saw a few of the episodes on Youtube last year, and then I bought the complete box set!

Manic the Hedgehog is awesome!

Senior Member Aaronterasu Okami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Man View Post
    @Aaronterasu Okami: Well, I had a Super Nintendo in the 90s, and I still do, so you're not the only one on these forums that supported Sonic's competition in the past! Heck, I didn't watch Sonic SatAM either; my sister did! I just became a fan when I saw a few of the episodes on Youtube last year, and then I bought the complete box set!
    I had a sega genesis and 32X with sonic 2, sonic & knuckles and knuckles chaotix, I didn't get into sonic satam until I started high school, I went to a site called sonicHQ and came across an interview with sonicHQ asking questions to the owner of FUS about how that site cane to be and how it's holding up in todays times, I decided to check out "FUS" fans united for satam and found pictures of some episodes then I found a site called tails-kicks-a**.net and from there I was able to download all the episodes.

When I heard that shout factory was selling satam on a DVD box set with cool extras I just had to buy it.
    Last edited by Aaronterasu Okami; 04-15-2012 at 01:02 AM.
    Sonic Boom's Biggest Fan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123