Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: episode 2 question

Default episode 2 question

is Sonic 4 Episode 2 going be like Sonic 3 where you can choose to have Tails with Sonic or not? i ask because i don't want to go through the torture of tails messing up my Special Stage progress, so if the answer to this is no, then atleast make it where in the special stages, tails has a seprete ring count from you, and make it not count towards the final score, or, only make tails appear in the special stage if there 2 controllers that are turned on(this way Tails is controlled by a Human Player), that would remove the torture *remembers Sonic 2 special stages* ugh.....
    Last edited by shadowking58; 04-14-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Banned

You will be blown away!

that doesn't really answer my question, but thanks for the video, i know its fake, but still.
    Last edited by shadowking58; 04-14-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Sonic Alone? Tails Alone?

The answer is no. The entire game is based on the teamwork of Sonic & Tails.

I would imagine the special stages being the same thing, unless its like Knuckles Chaotix where whomever jumps into the giant ring first, does the Special Stage, but I seriously doubt it.

Check out my latest film!
    Zach Cooper's Epic Speedrun

i knew they weren't gonna do that, but you never mentioned your opinion about my ideas(and i quote myself)
    "then atleast make it where in the special stages, tails has a seprete ring count from you, and make it not count towards the final score, or, only make tails appear in the special stage if there 2 controllers that are turned on(this way tails is always controlled by a Human Player), that would remove the torture *remembers Sonic 2 special stages* ugh....."

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking58 View Post
    i knew they weren't gonna do that, but you never mentioned your opinion about my ideas(and i quote myself)
    "then atleast make it where in the special stages, tails has a seprete ring count from you, and make it not count towards the final score, or, only make tails appear in the special stage if there 2 controllers that are turned on(this way tails is always controlled by a Human Player), that would remove the torture *remembers Sonic 2 special stages* ugh....."
    Uhmm, im unsure if this would work, eitherway we don't know what is their approach on said matter, if Tails has a faster reaction, im fine with it, he does help collecting rings, only problem beeing when he doesn't react as fast, and ultimatly become's more of an hassle then any other thing.
    Yup, i remmember that "torture" all to well, was one of the things that made me play solo Sonic.
    Altho if you have an good Tails player, it is more then proven that he can help quite a bunch, even going as far to make the special stages a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberclaws View Post
    Uhmm, im unsure if this would work, eitherway we don't know what is their approach on said matter, if Tails has a faster reaction, im fine with it, he does help collecting rings, only problem beeing when he doesn't react as fast, and ultimatly become's more of an hassle then any other thing.
    Yup, i remmember that "torture" all to well, was one of the things that made me play solo Sonic.
    Altho if you have an good Tails player, it is more then proven that he can help quite a bunch, even going as far to make the special stages a breeze.
    yeah i get it, i just wanted to give my ideas so that tails doesn't screw up your emerald collecting.
    in the Original Sonic 2, i actually never got all the Chaos Emeralds because just for this reason

We can only hope that the Special Stage issue is resolved, in terms of Tails ruining things for us in the Sonic 2 special stages. I mean, it's one of the strongest complaints about Sonic 2.

And as others have said, there are a variety of ways they might have resolved it. If they fail in this area, there shall be great weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    Member of the Tailsfan Club (AKA the Fanboy Army of Death)
    Characterphile. Home console supporter. Continuity junkie. 2D fanboy.

Read my fanfic: Tails Alone (Parts 1 and 2 Complete)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking58 View Post
    is Sonic 4 Episode 2 going be like Sonic 3 where you can choose to have Tails with Sonic or not? i ask because i don't want to go through the torture of tails messing up my Special Stage progress
    Admittedly, when I was a kid, I hated this.

But after going for the Chaos Emeralds not too long ago, I realized that Tails actually never gets in the way of your progress if you're trying to get rings with both characters. You should just focus on Sonic's count. The special stage was designed for the front character to grab the designated number of rings through each section (since you can win each section with Sonic having X amount of rings and Tails having none), so whatever Tails gathers or loses shouldn't be depended on, but if Tails gets anything, it should be seen as a bonus.
    As long as there's music, I'll keep on dancing~

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroRabbit View Post
    Have we seriously stooped this low, to the point where we're nitpicking about CUPCAKES?

Quote Originally Posted by Boostitude View Post
    Admittedly, when I was a kid, I hated this.

But after going for the Chaos Emeralds not too long ago, I realized that Tails actually never gets in the way of your progress if you're trying to get rings with both characters. You should just focus on Sonic's count. The special stage was designed for the front character to grab the designated number of rings through each section (since you can win each section with Sonic having X amount of rings and Tails having none), so whatever Tails gathers or loses shouldn't be depended on, but if Tails gets anything, it should be seen as a bonus.
    One of the issues with that, though, is that "Sonic and Tails" have to collect MORE RINGS than "Sonic Alone" or "Tails Alone". Regardless of whether you have a second player or not.
    Member of the Tailsfan Club (AKA the Fanboy Army of Death)
    Characterphile. Home console supporter. Continuity junkie. 2D fanboy.

Read my fanfic: Tails Alone (Parts 1 and 2 Complete)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast