Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qyestion about dark reel,typhoon, Round bloom, umber scream...?

Default Qyestion about dark reel,typhoon, Round bloom, umber scream...?

Do these 4 skills vary in how powerful they are? Because as far as I can tell, typhoon and dark reel only differ on Typhoon having 3% higher casting rate, and Round bloom's only difference from umber scream is its more likely.

Is there more to it? Are dark reel and umber scream more powerful? Also is dark reel/typhoon as powerful as umber scream/round bloom just shorter range?

I am unsure about the max damage these skills can inflict, but there is another difference: the skills are based on a different stat. Whereas Typhoon depends on attack and cost, dark reel requires some intelligence as
    well. I think Round Bloom needs att + int + cost, but Umber Scream is fully dependent on int.

Eydise, are you sure umber scream is solely intel based? I have nerf umber scream before with assault trick
    "no laughing matter..." xTeKt0n1c

I think US works like RB.. U need a decent enough level of intel (upto 150) then pump the rest on attack

My posts are TeKt0n1c
    You just got Tekkerised!

You might be right there, laughing. I have always assumed attack does not influence the damage of Umber Scream.

yeah, i've been taking high level tiles (ver b) with no worries about umberscream.
    although it can be quite cool if US is just intel based, give it a reason to exist (no difference to RB except with lower proc rate). Flotoman came out with a combo which i thought is quite clever if true
    "no laughing matter..." xTeKt0n1c

which page is the build on?

From my experience against NPC with RB/US/Typ/darkreel, cost and attack are a factor to all 3 skills. I nerfed an NPC with assault trick and each of those skills did minimum damage, US doing the most damage.

Typhoon: ++ attack, +some int
    dark reel: ++ int,,,,,, +attack
    RB: ++ int,,,,,,,,,,,,,, +attack
    US: ++int & +attack?

I think as TEK stated, INT up to 150 (i think 100 is fine) and the rest to attack will get you good results.

I haven't run against these skills against NPC with ONLY a nerfed mind trick (without AT), so It's difficult for me to gauge the INT ratio. Possibly, you veterans can remember your scars and provide some input.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverton View Post
    Do these 4 skills vary in how powerful they are? Because as far as I can tell, typhoon and dark reel only differ on Typhoon having 3% higher casting rate, and Round bloom's only difference from umber scream is its more likely.

Is there more to it? Are dark reel and umber scream more powerful? Also is dark reel/typhoon as powerful as umber scream/round bloom just shorter range?
    And don't forget Typhoon only attacks 2 monsters where as round bloom attacks all 3 monsters...

Typhoon and Dark Reel are close, they are same range, and respond the same from attack/int. Typhoon is a bit more attack based

Umberscream and Round Bloom are smiliar, Round Bloom having a lower proc % at level 10.
    Umberscream also hits harder with lower int and attack than Round Bloom needs, but this is not too important at higher levels with shifted int/attack.

All of them good. Depending on what monster and position you use them on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast