Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Apple planning to take out Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft with Valve Console - Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Fan View Post

Interesting. On the App Store, if you want to sell your FPS for $40 you can. It's suicide, sure, but it's YOUR CHOICE. I guess having that choice is DRACONIAN of Apple, eh?
    Yet, when Apple "cooperates" with developers, it's DRACONIAN, eh?
    Once again, comprehension fails you. Suggestions are NOT orders. If Valve suggests you price your game at 20 instead of 40, that doesn't mean they will force you to price it at 20.

You sure love that word Draconian, so much as going to use it twice without me even mentioning it much less not infering to it with wording,even in the original post, which was one of plain displeasure. Apple curtails a "Walled Garden" which even they acknowledge as such. How you begin to assume or surmise one with the other is confusing to me.

Yet, when Apple does its own quality control, it's EVIL! But when Valve or anybody else does it, it's "OH YEAH! AWESOME BABY!"
    Just keep putting words in my mouth if it makes you feel better.

Maybe you're right though. Maybe there is more freedom in Valve deciding the prices. Maybe there is more freedom in Valve deciding: "Your game isn't good enough for our store." That Apple allows developers to set their own prices and release what they want even if the big wigs at Valve don't like it is pretty draconian of them.

I love how consistent the anti-Apple crowd is.

The only part more open on Valve is that it doesn't cost you $99 and you don't need to use a Mac, but seriously, if $99 and $500 for a Mac is really too much of an investment, maybe you should consider a vocation you'll take more seriously.
    The 1st paragraph is redundant and repeats the asinine assertions of the previous writings.

Yes I don't use Apple products, because I as a consumer don't frankly think they are worth the charge and I do not favor Being denied access to something I paid for that is more than user serviceable(I don't care if it damages warranty, I know I won't have any problems).

The only thing Valve asks is that the game is fun(and it doesn't even have to finished, just far enough so that they get a good feeling about the final product). Literally, that's it. They are actively involved in helping you advertise and promote, going so far as to put your game on the front page next to a game like Skyrim.

Apple for starters doesn't accept concepts. All or nothing. Advertising is limited to success and or chance. If people don't catch it in the new section, then you'll have to ride on the game getting popular through searches or ads via 3rd parties.

99/year and $500 is a barrier to entry, which in itself already damages one's openess. It doesn't mean the process or platform isn't "open", just less so than others.
    Last edited by ARingcade; 04-17-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARingcade View Post
    Once again, comprehension fails you. Suggestions are NOT orders. If Valve suggests you price your game at 20 instead of 40, that doesn't mean they will force you to price it at 20.

You sure love that word Draconian, so much as going to use it twice without me even mentioning it much less not infering to it with wording,even in the original post, which was one of plain displeasure. Apple curtails a "Walled Garden" which even they acknowledge as such. How you begin to assume or surmise one with the other is confusing to me.

Just keep putting words in my mouth if it makes you feel better.

The 1st paragraph is redundant and repeats the asinine assertions of the previous writings.

Yes I don't use Apple products, because I as a consumer don't frankly think they are worth the charge and I do not favor Being denied access to something I paid for that is more than user serviceable(I don't care if it damages warranty, I know I won't have any problems).

The only thing Valve asks is that the game is fun(and it doesn't even have to finished, just far enough so that they get a good feeling about the final product). Literally, that's it. They are actively involved in helping you advertise and promote, going so far as to put your game on the front page next to a game like Skyrim.

Apple for starters doesn't accept concepts. All or nothing. Advertising is limited to success and or chance. If people don't catch it in the new section, then you'll have to ride on the game getting popular through searches or ads via 3rd parties.

99/year and $500 is a barrier to entry, which in itself already damages one's openess. It doesn't mean the process or platform isn't "open", just less so than others.
    1 l1k3 y0u.

The Queen's personal bunny-girl

I hate coming to these forums because every topic turns into everyone writing an essay long argument.
    Cheif516

Orange Boomer of the Ghostal Special Force!

itunes forced itself on me at every turn. Steam can be closed and doesn't come back unless I want it to.

The premise of the rumor is inherently flawed to have a software developer maks games exlcusive for Apple would alienate a larger portion fo teh gamin audience, heck some people myself included only use there PC for Valve games Half Life 2 is a much more enjoyable expiernce on the PC as opposed to Xbox. As Valve it self a FPS maker primarily, to go strictly console would be a lose proposition, FPS is better on a keyboard, there is better percision and the ability to bind weapons to hot keys is an essential setup f any Online TDM.

or, you know, he went there to beg for valve to make ifail compatible software?
    sega does what nintendon't.... which is FAILING COLLOSSALY AND DYING

http://www.allgamenews.info/story/77...e-says-newell/

There you have it. Tim Cook never visited Valve. It was all a rumor. Gabe Newell confirmed it himself.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345