Thread: what games you can install and play offline????

Default what games you can install and play offline????

Whats a list of todays games where you do not need the internet to install play the game or unlock or anything like that???

my other question can battlefield 3 be played offline like the 2nd where it just needs the disc to boot up if you dont use the internet on that pc?

Banned

its has to phone home atleast once before you can play offline I think.

Witcher 2.

Pretty much all other PC games are just rentals these days until they shut down the activation server.
    Signatures sucks, especially signature images. Which is why I have them off, so I never see the blasted things.

codename panzers phase one
    codename panzers phase two
    company of heroes
    sonic and sega all star racing
    virtual tennis 4 world edition
    outrun 2006
    sonic genesis classic collection gold
    and i agree whit you i dont like steam i dont know why they relase empire total war on steam what if steam collapses what would happen to all my games like shogun total war 2 and empire total war or what if theres is no internet how can i install my game i am sorry but i dont like steam
    Last edited by teirusu; 04-16-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teirusu View Post
    codename panzers phase one
    codename panzers phase two
    company of heroes
    sonic and sega all star racing
    virtual tennis 4 world edition
    outrun 2006
    sonic genesis classic collection gold
    and i agree whit you i dont like steam i dont know why they relase empire total war on steam what if steam collapses what would happen to all my games like shogun total war 2 and empire total war or what if theres is no internet how can i install my game i am sorry but i dont like steam
    I believe it's been said that if Steam were to ever go offline you would then be able to play all your games offline as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoRex View Post
    Agreed: Much classier!
    Jax: The most classiest SEGA Forum member.

i went to best buy yesterday they barley had any pc game where you could install and play on a offline computer so it looks like im going to amazon to get the games like halo 2 price of persia 08 brother in arms dragon age 1 and 2 you know games that have been out befor steam took over i remember steam all started with the half life 2 and there were so many complaints that steam looked like it was dyning now that that game is outdated and crap and they called it a flop steam got saved and payed to do this to most pc games this is whats gonna be soooooo funny..... one day a pc gamer who cares about their games so much will end up losing the net and blame steam saying things like see this is why games need to be offline cause the net has been to much to pay or what if things like 2012 really did happen then where the power goes out or just the internet and loval cale satilite tv lol

P.S. i feel like the pc thing happend like it was the twilight zone ill explain years ago i couldnt afford a good pc so i couldnt get games now that i can since i got a resally good computer everything you have to do online and i dont like my good machine to ever go online so i feel like this world is some kind of not reapeat but paralelle

One recent game I can think of that doesn't need internet, the retail version of Rayman Origins doesn't have DRM, it doesn't have online activation and so it can be played without access to the internet.
    PSO2 JP: Ezodagrom, Johana, Blune.
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom
    Origin/GFWL Gamertag/UPlay: Ezodagrom

i got witcher 2 enhanched edition and legs pirates of the carabean 2 good games and you dont need online even thoe you guys didnt mention theres 2 versions of witvchers 2 one by atari and one by warner bros now the warner bros you dont need no internet to install or play like the atari one the games im running on my pc so far is sims 3 its exspansions pets and late night assassins creed the first one ut3 and legos potcb and witcher 2