Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone think RCS was going too far with his lines?

Question Anyone think RCS was going too far with his lines?

By RCS, I mean Roger Craig Smith. Do you think that he was going way too far with his smart-aleck lines? I think he was making Sonic childish. I didn't like Sonic (as a character) too much, but when I liked him was when he was voiced by Jason Griffith. Jaleel White would have been better making so many fresh remarks, but he is more of the younger Sonic. Ryan Drummond did a nice job, but not quite the right attitude. Jason Griffith did a good job with Sonic. It might be more fitting if they kept Amy Palant as Tails. However, RCS did not make the lines very mature.

I agree that Griffith was better, but I think it's more the writers' faults for making him say stupid things like "Did somebody order a CLOBBERING?" They really need to bring the guys who wrote Unleashed and Black Knight back.

2014: Year of the Android (again)

Well, I'll agree he was going a bit too far, but the previous actors were no better.
    But to be honest, Roger's acting in this game felt so natural.

A Brit with a slight TVTropes addiction who does Youtube Videos (YMMV on their quality).

I liked the acting in Colors & Generations.
    Likely the only person on the whole forum to have their face as their avatar.

Senior Member Aaronterasu Okami's Avatar

How can he go too far when all he did was lend his voice to the game?

He didn't write the script to this game so putting the blame on him I say is going too far.

Plus Roger is a much better actor then Jason and Ryan.
    Last edited by Aaronterasu Okami; 04-16-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Sonic Boom's Biggest Fan

Nah, that kind of lighthearted games SHOULD be exaggerated in their delivery.
    3DS FC: 5086-2063-4318. Add me!
    (And if you do, PM me with yours...)

He was actually really good...Blame the new writers

The acting was actually very good, and RCS was excellent for Sonic. It was the writing that fell short, as they were the ones who gave the actors their lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. BaconStein View Post
    They really need to bring the guys who wrote Unleashed and Black Knight back.
    No, they don't need to bring 'em back. After Colors Wii, the writers from Happy Tree Friends successfully held their own in Generations HD by cutting down Sonic's jokes, making Sonic's attitude more subtle, and just writing the characters better altogether. Given their good track record (with Colors Wii their lone blip), replacing them with the writers from Black Knight and Unleashed isn't necessary.
    Last edited by Dark Qiviut; 04-17-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Qiviut View Post
    The acting was actually very good, and RCS was excellent for Sonic. It was the writing that fell short, as they were the ones who gave the actors their lines.

No, they don't need to bring 'em back. After Colors Wii, the writers from Happy Tree Friends successfully held their own in Generations HD by cutting down Sonic's jokes, making Sonic's attitude more subtle, and just writing the characters better altogether. Given their good track record (with Colors Wii their lone blip), replacing them with the writers from Black Knight and Unleashed isn't necessary.
    Writing the characters better? What script did you get? The most stuff I heard from the majority of the cast was "that looks like a homing shot!" Most of them were just there to be saved, and that was it.
    If you give a good idea to a mediocre team, they will screw it up. If you give a mediocre idea to a brilliant team, they will either fix it or throw it away and come up with something better...If you arenít experiencing failure, then you are making a far worse mistake: You are being driven by the desire to avoid it. -Ed Catmull,

Roger Craig Smith is excellent! I really like that he made Sonic sound tough and comical at the same time. The only voice actor that even rivals Roger Craig Smith in terms of awesomeness is Jaleel White!

Manic the Hedgehog is awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast