Page 3 of 589 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Adventure 3 - Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HayleyChaotix View Post
    I'd like to think people have the mental capacity to realize that SA3, unlike the other new games, doesn't have a sub-forum.

Anyway, uh, if what people say is true and the Adventure titles play like 06, I'm fine with a 3. I just dread the response.
    Oh yes. If you thought that classic fanboys were bad, you aren't ready for the Adventure fanboys.

Hm, maybe that's why people don't like to encourage Sonic Adventure 3. They KNOW that Sonic Team would never satisfy all the old fans of the first two.
    If you give a good idea to a mediocre team, they will screw it up. If you give a mediocre idea to a brilliant team, they will either fix it or throw it away and come up with something better...If you arenít experiencing failure, then you are making a far worse mistake: You are being driven by the desire to avoid it. -Ed Catmull,

Monsters University - Complaining incessantly

Quote Originally Posted by Theadvisor1234 View Post
    Oh yes. If you thought that classic fanboys were bad, you aren't ready for the Adventure fanboys.

Hm, maybe that's why people don't like to encourage Sonic Adventure 3. They KNOW that Sonic Team would never satisfy all the old fans of the first two.
    And if they did, then they must now make Adventure 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMoore25 View Post
    Make the moron go away, Mommy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. BaconStein View Post
    I like how damsels in distress are now a Mario innovation, too. Watch out Brothers Grimm, you're plagiarizing on work from centuries ahead!

Playable characters I would like:
    1. Sonic (No boost, drift, or quickstep. Light speed dash on ANY trail of rings, Stomp [yes I prefer it over bounce bracelet] Homing attack, spin attack and slide.)
    2. Shadow (move set from sonic 06 was cool, perhaps just an improvement on that)
    3. Tails (mech from SA2)
    4. Blaze (I'm not sure, might be interesting though)
    5. Knuckles (perhaps a werehog fighting style but more fast-pased.)

I can't think of any others right now... Maybe Espio would be interesting? I'm not sure how I would like it story-wise. A bit more in-depth than the last few games would be nice.

Bring back Big the cat and his fishing levels.
    It's what made Adventure 1 so "special".

Quote Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
    I am going to make this a sticky thread

Still, I feel like people are going to miss this thread.
    Anywho, if there were to be an Adventure 3, I'd probably just want Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman. Possibly Cream too.

And don't forget Big the Cat

Queen of the SEGA Forum
    YouTube|Tumblr|WebM Script

Quote Originally Posted by linkhatcherT View Post
    #basedcyron

Quote Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
    This will be the only SA3 thread from here on in. Please keep all talk about SA3 in this thread. All new threads after today will be locked.

Serious discussion only. Do not come in to flame, or post meaningless .gifs. Any spam posts or flaming will be deleted and the poster given a warning.
    You seriously couldn't have picked either of the two preexisting ones that actually had a large amount of actual discussion (and had been repeatedly purged by moderators to keep it from being derailed)... Really? Not even a merge or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Theadvisor1234 View Post
    Hm, maybe that's why people don't like to encourage Sonic Adventure 3.
    Well, let's be honest here, encouraging me is really asking for trouble, especially when/if I have a lot to say and time enough to type out the entirety of the rant. But usually I just report & block people who don't know when to stop since they aren't worth my time. TS & the HDB are good examples.

How would Big The Cat work without fishing? Sonic Heroes utilized his fishing rod as a weapon, but I don't see that as a beneficial aspect to gameplay.

As for characters, I think there should be 6 playable max with the usual trio. The other characters I could see are Shadow and Rouge. The last character could be reserved for a new non-hedgehog character I suppose, or Blaze.

I do wonder though, should each character have their own path like Sonic Adventure 1? Or should it all be tied into one thing like Sonic Adventure 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokonoe View Post
    How would Big The Cat work without fishing? Sonic Heroes utilized his fishing rod as a weapon, but I don't see that as a beneficial aspect to gameplay.

As for characters, I think there should be 6 playable max with the usual trio. The other characters I could see are Shadow and Rouge. The last character could be reserved for a new non-hedgehog character I suppose, or Blaze.

I do wonder though, should each character have their own path like Sonic Adventure 1? Or should it all be tied into one thing like Sonic Adventure 2?
    Both have their merits. Perhaps there could be a combination of the two. From Adventure 2 onward I've always wanted to take this character and put him/her in that level, without having to hack anything. Like take Sonic and put him in a single player Radical Highway, or Shadow in Final Rush, or classic Sonic in modern Sky Sanctuary. (obviously not some choices. Sonic in Meteor Herd would be pretty darned useless, lol.) I think it would be cool if every character introduced a level and in storymode you had to access that level with that character specifically, but when you went to stage select, you could play the level with the other characters as well, and it would feature alternate paths for alternate characters.

Like a generic path, a lower path, Knuckles and Tails can do higher paths that cater specifically to flying, or gliding and climbing, and perhaps paths for Sonic that can only be opened with spindash. (I am a firm believer in not giving anyone but Sonic or Shadow spindash.)

Also, I think it would be cool to add extra non-story essential characters just for the sake of variety that have slightly different skills or help unlock a hardmode and/or easy mode. Extra unlockable characters and missions are always cool.

I'm going to be completely serious here: I believe Sonic Adventure 3 should be a revamped version of 06. Because 06 did TRY to be Adventure 3, it just failed miserably.

I want to see 06 with reworked physics, better moveset for each character (like, take Tails' moveset from SA1, Rouge's moveset from SA2 etc), better psychokinesis for Silver, drop Elise from the story, fix the stupid paradoxes of the time travel, etc etc.

Also, by now, I would be happy to see Modern Sonic style gameplay with Generations-like level design (Crisis City in Generations was PERFECT for that concept), Boost, and other characters having a similar moveset but with a rather weak Spindash instead of boost.
    3DS FC: 5086-2063-4318. Add me!
    (And if you do, PM me with yours...)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfI View Post
    I'm going to be completely serious here: I believe Sonic Adventure 3 should be a revamped version of 06. Because 06 did TRY to be Adventure 3, it just failed miserably.

I want to see 06 with reworked physics, better moveset for each character (like, take Tails' moveset from SA1, Rouge's moveset from SA2 etc), better psychokinesis for Silver, drop Elise from the story, fix the stupid paradoxes of the time travel, etc etc.
    Hate you. Hate you so much right now. Grrrr.

Naw, I'm kidding. I dislike calling Sonic 06 Sonic Adventure 3, though. I don't see many people calling Super Mario Galaxy 2 by Super Mario 64 4. However, a revamp to actually complete the game would be nice. Along with a chance to change stuff. Throwing rings as an attack was just flat out annoying. As for time paradoxes, I don't think you're going to make a time travel story without having paradox's in some manner.

Page 3 of 589 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast