Thread: Analyze Batting Lineup Chemistry

Question Analyze Batting Lineup Chemistry

I am a new manager this season. This is my first Forum post. But 120 games into the 2nd season I am at the top of my league, so I think I must be doing something right. However there are a couple (well...more than a few) things about the game that make not very much sense to me.

One thing that is peeving me is this "Analyze" category you can use to sort players in the Roster menu. Are other managers using this feature to improve their batting lineup? If so, how are you reading these numbers? I can't figure it out.

Why can't you see the batting chemistry of players that are active? Is this just meant to make it harder to optimize your batting rotation?

67.8% developed hometown, Washington , D.C.

I use it immensely. The further to the right a player's dot is, (dark orange or red), the better they will perform. I generally try to make the optimal lineup as if it did not exist, and then make big adjustments for chemistry. For example, if my lineup contained all cost 10 and 9 players who were strong hitters, and one cost 3 player, I would try to keep my cost 3 guy in the last 2 order spots, and build from there based on chemistry.. Players will have higher chemistry if the manager of their team is managing, and generally will have better chemistry if they are next to a player from the same team in the order. Another important factor is their condition, the little arrow on their card. Up is good, down is bad. Sometimes, if you move a player from a slot where he has bad chemistry, to a place where he has good chemistry, his arrow might go up a notch. Likewise, the higher the arrow is, the higher his chemistry will be, but even so, their chemistry changes daily even if they were not moved in the order.

Pitchers also have a chemistry-like component, called battery rapport. It, like a hitter's chemistry, is influenced by the manager and condition. But, it is not influenced by what slot in the rotation it is, or where they are in middle relief. However, if you don't play a player in their correct position (SP, MR, SU, CL), their rapport will greatly drop. Personally, I find that for pitchers rapport is more important than condition, as for hitters I don't know.

Overall, there are two branches of this game:
    1) "Stats" Player stats, managing choices, team boosts, training
    2) "intangibles" condition, rapport, chemistry

My advice would be to build a strong team statistically and then optimize it mor better intangibles.
    Both can be boosted using support cards.

Thanks for the response. I was actually referring to the "Analyze" column you can set when you view your players under Roster>Change>Change List. It displays a "chemistry" value 0-100 for each player. (I guess this value represents the rapport that the player you are "change"ing would have with the other player.)

Has anyone else used this feature?

Two interesting things I noticed:

1) You can't view a "chemistry" value for players that are already in your lineup.
    2) You can see the "chemistry" value of the player you are "change"ing which confuses me. Is that the rapport of that player in the lineup you set, or the rapport they would have with themselves?? I'm not getting it...

Thanks for anyone's insight.