Thread: Daytona USA on Steam?

Default Daytona USA on Steam?

I heard about Daytona being on both PSN and XBLA and am extremely disappointed that it is not on Steam like some of the other digital releases. Is it possible for us PC gamers to have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeether View Post
    I heard about Daytona being on both PSN and XBLA and am extremely disappointed that it is not on Steam like some of the other digital releases. Is it possible for us PC gamers to have it?
    There's PC arcade emulators for Daytona USA (Model 2 Emulator) and Daytona USA 2 (Supermodel3), they're the best way to play the game, but don't really have netplay/online achievements or widescreen (and are of dubious legality of course).

Quote Originally Posted by VirtuaIceMan View Post
    There's PC arcade emulators for Daytona USA (Model 2 Emulator) and Daytona USA 2 (Supermodel3), they're the best way to play the game, but don't really have netplay/online achievements or widescreen (and are of dubious legality of course).
    That's not a legal solution though. There is netplay on the Model 2 emulator if you mess around with a few external apps, but I'd assume it's hard to get working right.

If Sega can port over Crazy Taxi then they can do this. I'd also wish for Outrun Online but because they basically can't release Outrun anymore that's never going to happen, and SCUD Race/Sega Super GT probably won't see a digital release either because it has a Porsche (which EA owns the rights too, thanks a lot EA) and a Ferrari which they don't have the license to either.