Thread: Sonic games with custom level design

Default Sonic games with custom level design

Thinking about the N+ pack I downloaded with over 100 something levels, and a post about making a sonic game that lets us build our own levels, I thought about this E02 engine. It's an engine capable of handling classic sonic design but you can make your own levels to, much like Sonic Roboblast 2(A lot of those levels are cheap though). However, making a full fan game may not work, because many of them don't get finished, even Sonic 2 HD suffured because of one guy jerking people around). I think I good idea would be to go N+ style, and have many people create single levels and post them up, much like Rom hacks, but can be updated. Your thoughts?

PlaySEGA had a Level Editor but I didn't try it. Would like to see it return in a future game.

New sig under construction
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TheOgGamer View Post
    However, making a full fan game may not work, because many of them don't get finished, even Sonic 2 HD suffured because of one guy jerking people around).
    Blitz sonic 3D engines.
    I find making stages for them very enjoyable. ^_^

Here's a stage I making:

As for adding some kind of level designer in official games?
    That's a great idea.
    It'll prove how much worse we are at level designing.

Tbh I think the recent style like in Generations is just too much to have an official editor for.
    The amount of time spent on a single stage in that game would probably shock some people.