Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Super Monkey Ball Gamecube/GBA Versions

  1. #1
    Senior Member BlazingShadowSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Taking care of our little vampire prince, Shadow.
    Posts
    10,069

    Default Super Monkey Ball Gamecube/GBA Versions

    Does anybody like the Gamecube/GBA Versions of Super Monkey Ball better than the Wii/DS/3DS Versions or is it just me. I was very dissapointed with Banana Blitz after playing Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 on GC And JR on GBA.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Beat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    around
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingShadowSonic View Post
    Does anybody like the Gamecube/GBA Versions of Super Monkey Ball better than the Wii/DS/3DS Versions or is it just me. I was very dissapointed with Banana Blitz after playing Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 on GC And JR on GBA.
    Trust me, it isn't just you.


  3. #3
    The Miraculous Rod RubyEclipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    9,319

    Default

    Gamecube versions were pretty great. That was my first intro to the series at a friends place.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Angel Island Zone
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I always liked SMB2 the best. (Where the hell is AV in all of this?)

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairybones1997 View Post
    I always liked SMB2 the best. (Where the hell is AV in all of this?)
    If I'm not mistaken, AV is currently known as Ryū ga Gotoku (Yakuza) studio. Responsible for (as their name would imply) the excellent Yakuza series and Binary Domain.

  6. #6
    Senior Member tikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    i got smb2 at a pawn shop for five bucks

    Hey you, yeah you, the person who's staring at my Sig. I am a boy!

  7. #7
    Senior Member AutoSaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    22,414

    Default

    Get the iOS games - they're actual REAL sequels and have the quality of the originals.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoSaver View Post
    Get the iOS games - they're actual REAL sequels and have the quality of the originals.
    While not bad games for the price, they are nowhere near the quality of the originals. Banana Splitz is a far better game than the iOS offerings, and actually does come close to being as good as the first two games.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Blaquaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Seaside Hill's Casino Park
    Posts
    1,903

    Default

    Haven't got the earlier games, but Super Monkey Ball 2: Sakura Edition on the iPad is amazing and the app that I play the most. In fact, I've finished it, but still come back for the minigames and the randomness of the Quick Plays.

    P.S.: I'm thinking about buying the GameCube games. Good idea?

  10. #10
    Senior Member AutoSaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    22,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saccubus View Post
    While not bad games for the price, they are nowhere near the quality of the originals. Banana Splitz is a far better game than the iOS offerings, and actually does come close to being as good as the first two games.
    Would explain why Banana Splitz was bashed and claimed to be the worst Monkey Ball yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •