• Homing Attack

14 26.92%
  • Insta Shield

28 53.85%
  • It doesn't matter

10 19.23%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Homing Attack or Insta Shield

Both... or neither. or just the homing attack. i dont care really.
    Welcome to the Sonic Community
    Where Opinions are the same thing as Facts

Quote Originally Posted by hypersonic2560 View Post

Aiming does work Nieves.
    Damn! I obviously didn't test enough, I thought that causing a glitch was the only way to reach that platform without the insta-shield. But for the record, no aiming wasn't working in your example.

Flip now don't I look stupid. And my picture/challenge was so pretty. Ima test what you just did, and then I'll come back with another pic.

. . .

FINE. I just did it with Tails too (no flying of course). Sigh. And that took me what like 2 minutes? -_- Testing fail.

Anyway now you only get a theory example (so you can't prove your way out of it ).

So here's my feedback for Ep 3: Get rid of Dimps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nieves View Post

Umm...It's still possible without the insta-shield...I think.
    So how do I prove it?
    Last edited by hypersonic2560; 05-09-2012 at 03:33 AM.

I guess you can only explain what you would do.

I might have a run through the game and see if there's a situation where I can present the same challenge to you.

Instana shield easily, however I think it looks like they're sticking with the homing attack, which works well in the 3d games but should stay out of 2d sonic games period, it's almost as bad as right to win ie hold jump twice to win (in terms of enemies), until enemies are designed to outsmart your ha it's nothing but a spamming attack that makes the game far too easy, games should be trial and error not hand holding, which brings up another point (even though it's too late now) but in future 2d sonic games there should be a lvl layout one with the homing attack and one without ie a casual and hardcore mode (same thing should happen for zelda games instead of unlocking the harder difficulty at the end give you a casual and real hero mode, that would make everyone happy instead of just trying to appeal to one side when clearly both sides are big enough and both of them should be the focus).
    Give rocket knight adventures another chance konami, don't let it die again, the franchise and fans deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nieves View Post
    I guess you can only explain what you would do.

I might have a run through the game and see if there's a situation where I can present the same challenge to you.
    How about I use a level editor and make that?
    or yes, you could find a situation like that, would be more convenient for me.

EDIT- I suck at level editing, that's no good.
    So find a good place for me in the game.
    Last edited by hypersonic2560; 05-09-2012 at 05:47 AM.

How about the debug mode from Sonic 3?

You can place a wall right after a slope, and you can test there.

Anyway, Insta-shield forever!
    http://forums.sega.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=117267&dateline=13371  96921

Ah yeah I forgot debug mode. Hell it would have been easier than creating the above image to begin with. I'll make a new pic.

To save the Googling, the cheats for S3&K are:

Level Select = Go to Angel Island, grab a vine, press L L L R R R U U U, press START, press A.
    The level select screen is available under the new SOUND TEST option on the title screen.

Level debug = Use the level select to go to Mushroom Hill, grab a pulley, press L L L R R R U U U (ie, the same code), press START, press A, return to the level select screen, highlight a level, hold A, press START.

When playing: A reverses gravity, B toggles debug mode, C jumps. B+C performs all character animations.
    When in debug mode: A cycles parts, B toggles debug mode, C places parts.
    When paused: A resets the game, B advances at half speed when held, C advances 1 frame.

Why was the homing attack for classic Sonic in Generations so good again?
    As long as there's music, I'll keep on dancing~

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroRabbit View Post
    Have we seriously stooped this low, to the point where we're nitpicking about CUPCAKES?

Yeah, the only reason I knew how to solve the first one was because I actually use that spindash technique a lot and knew it'd work. With this I have nothing to test anything on. I will say that maybe if Sonic started on the hill, revved up his spindash, let go and then jump while still inside the curve (i.e. not at the tip of the curve, inside the curve) he'd probably make it.

Also I should note that I don't have any games to mess around on at the moment, console or computer. Much applause to hypersonic for the video. :}
    Last edited by Variability; 05-09-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast