Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other baseball Sims

Default Other baseball Sims

So since MLBMO is closing, I feel in the need of a new sim baseball game, only because I love the sport and I want to continue my enjoyment with MLBMO into a different game. I would like to use this thread to have people post possible links to other sim games. Just make sure it is about baseball and games that cost money are fine.

I will go first. The game is called Out of the Park baseball.

Here is the link. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-...l/features.php. There are online leagues but I believe it costs money to get the full version. I can post some more updates.

Update one: Costs $39.99, I would be willing to pay for it if I were to like the demo and many of us already purchase SC
    Last edited by grizzgorillas; 05-07-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    9 season championships.
    I tell the truth.
    That's all that matters.
    Thank you.

Baseball Mogul is my favorite sim of all-time. It's been running since the late 90's, but they recently shut down the online leagues so that sucks. If you're just looking for a single-player experience, I can't recommend it enough. The 2013 version has just released, but the 2012 version is still fully viable (especially if you are like me and start your franchise in 1900 anyway), so I'd recommend saving $15 and getting it:
    http://www.sportsmogul.com/games/baseball2k12.html

If you want to learn a lot about the history of baseball and some of the great players from the early 1900's, it's a fun way to learn some names.
    MLBMO Team: Augie Ojeda Fan Club

67.8% developed hometown, Washington , D.C.

Isnt it just a one person game?
    Also, I felt it was just a huge spreadsheet.

no visuals but if your a fan of the game this games for you . Its got a league for virtually every era of baseball .
    http://www.pennantchase.com

I'll throw out one....CSFBL

I played it in 2007 as it was my first online game I joined up in. Demands at home caused me to stop playing as I believe you could have up to 10 teams. It's nothing fancy like this as the players are make believe and there isn't the visuals you get here. Good thing is its free and I'll be looking to return home once June hits.

All I remember was the passionate forums and the vets of the game was the real reason to put up with a lack luster game. Those forums have died down from the days I remember, but, it looks like Brian is keeping the updates coming 8 years after he started the game. Anyways its an option.

csfbl.com

from website: Baseball fans -- there's an online game just for you!CSFBL - the Computer Simulated Fantasy Baseball League - is an online baseball simulation game where you you get the opportunity to own and manage your own baseball franchise. In CSFBL, you take ownership of a team in 24-team leagues and compete against other players in one of the most comprehensive baseball simulations ever made.

67.8% developed hometown, Washington , D.C.

http://www.simball.com/
    4 games a day, simmed once every 6 hours. I created a league called MLBMO players. No visuals, but you use players based on their seasons that they've had, such as 2001 Barry Bonds, or 1908 Ty Cobb. Like this game, you have a limited cap, all players are assigned a salary figure. Also, more than one of the player/year can exist in a league, you can also use the same player from more than one year, kind of like CHs, but this game is nowhere near as good as this used to be, because nothing is. The league will have 24 teams, so invite other MLBMOers to play, or make up to 2 teams in a league. (My rule). If we still don't have enough after that, we can make more teams. I think this game is the closest thing to our lost attraction.
    Last edited by Stasburgers; 05-07-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Nice find Stas. I've signed up to at least give it a shot.

Edit: I'm really curious to see the sim mechanics of this game. Building my teams was definitely challenging, but fun!
    Last edited by sweett310; 05-08-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Yeah I just spent the last hour or hour and a half compiling an all-time NY Mets dream team on there.

Quote Originally Posted by SNB914 View Post
    Yeah I just spent the last hour or hour and a half compiling an all-time NY Mets dream team on there.
    I spent about half an hour compiling my first team, then realized....crap....I need bench players lol, so had to scrap it and start over.

thanks Stas you're the best/gonna give it a swing
    Last edited by mdesdog; 05-08-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast