Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sould Kazuma Take Trains?

Default sould Kazuma Take Trains?

since no one wants anyone for him to drive, i was thinking usually in movies or anime they'd usually take trains. would that be possible?

YouTube| Twitter
    |Nostalgia Live
    Sometimes Nightmares Can Come True.

i think people are over thinking this whole issue about how kazuma is going to move from city to city in yakuza 5. i'm quite sure its probably going to be just the same kind of procedure as using the taxis in the other games. you stand by some method of transport, - car, train, helicopter or whatever- and you just press X and choose your destination.

i do think its likely that there might be car chases/shoot-outs - moving platforms for fighting sequences just like in yakuza 1 and 2. but not actually getting in a car and driving to a new city. highly doubtful.

binary domain had a really good shoot-out segment that took place on a moving truck, so they know it work on the engine.
    Last edited by Shenmue3please; 05-08-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    Yakuza 5 and Ishin! for western release. Join the campaign http://yakuzafan.com/

Yakuza 1 had a horrible car chase scene but the truck fighting in Yakuza 2 was great!

In Yakuza 3 you could take the monorail in Okinawa but you just kinda chose your destination. I'm ok with it staying like that so they can put more detail in to the cities instead of needing to work on an open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Deekman View Post
    Yakuza 1 had a horrible car chase scene but the truck fighting in Yakuza 2 was great!

In Yakuza 3 you could take the monorail in Okinawa but you just kinda chose your destination. I'm ok with it staying like that so they can put more detail in to the cities instead of needing to work on an open world.
    yeah, i think thats where people are getting confused. these cities are not going to exist in one huge open world with real time travel between them. each city will exist as its own little open world and you time skip travel between them using trains, taxis ect. just like the other games.

and i quite liked the virtua cop inspired shootout in yakuza 1... couldn't build a whole game around it, but it was a nice little addition.
    Last edited by Shenmue3please; 05-08-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    Yakuza 5 and Ishin! for western release. Join the campaign http://yakuzafan.com/

Yeah I'm the same - I liked the mini virtua cop type game play they added in yakuza.. I'm all for different types of games and situations in the new game (including homage to the old sega classics)

Quote Originally Posted by Sakazaki93 View Post
    since no one wants anyone for him to drive, i was thinking usually in movies or anime they'd usually take trains. would that be possible?
    I would like a few fights in the subway. Will feel like renegade for nes lol

I want him to drive...

But trains/planes are pretty cool, that would probably be the safest bet. Unless they make all the cities within walking distance. If that's the case, being able to use a bike would be cool. Bikes are pretty much basic transportation in Japan.

Thank you SEGA for importing the YAKUZA games!

Quote Originally Posted by heyitsdeven View Post
    Unless they make all the cities within walking distance.
    Let's put that in to perspective .

I'd almost guarantee it will be like the other Yakuza games. Take a monorail then a plane or cabs. They will render the cities but it won't be an open world like GTA.
    Last edited by Deekman; 05-10-2012 at 11:45 AM.

I'd almost guarantee it will be like the other Yakuza games. Take a monorail then a plane or cabs. They will render the cities but it won't be an open world like GTA.
    Yeah lol, I was kind of hoping for an open world like GTA. The distances could be fictionalized of course. xD But I know a lot of people are against that

Thank you SEGA for importing the YAKUZA games!

or lets say yakuza had loading Screens everytime you went everywhere wouldnt that work?
    i know kenka bancho has it.

YouTube| Twitter
    |Nostalgia Live
    Sometimes Nightmares Can Come True.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast