Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mario & Sonic RPG Ideas

Default Mario & Sonic RPG Ideas

This is a forum where you can post your ideas about an RPG crossover starring Mario and Sonic.

Senior Member Mushroom Hedgehog's Avatar

I'd still like it to have a few platform elements to it. Perhaps making it like a game in the Paper Mario series would be good, preferably Super Paper Mario.

But it doesn't have to. I'd be fine if it was like the Mario and Luigi series, but not if that means it will be handheld. This kind of game seems more suitable for a console.
    I proudly support the ideas of a Mario and Sonic platformer crossover for Wii U and 3DS!
    Xbox Live: MushHog96
    YouTube: MushroomHedgehog
    Twitter: @MushHog

Senior Member KnucklesTheEchinda's Avatar

The basic party would be Mario, Sonic, Luigi, and Tails. Mario and Luigi team up with Sonic and Tails later in the game.

Awesome thread idea! I can't wait to post my walls of text in it!

It could be like the handheld olympic games. Instead of battles you play random minigames to earn EXP and your mission is to rescue Toad and Cream from Bowser and Eggman.

The playable characters can be Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Sonic, Amy, Tails, and Knuckles. With the others helping your team out from time to time and the regular rivals will be bosses.

This:

We don't need more turn based RPGs, give me real controls in battle, or just follow this format of 2 players working together through obstacles, puzzles, and all-out surviving with an EXP gain system. Also, this game has 8 additional characters to unlock and play as, doesn't take a genius to know what I would say to that.
    Seriously, it's games like this why I'm against this Olympics stuff, also this article: http://kotaku.com/5905159/the-sorry-...-worst-team+up
    Last edited by TheOgGamer; 05-09-2012 at 09:45 AM.

^*Sigh* That article is terrible and you should feel bad for posting it.

[WARNING] Off Topic Rant related to that article's thorough analysis of the M&S Olympic series:

But anywho, as far as a Mario & Sonic RPG series goes, I hope they go with something a bit like the Paper Mario games, turn based but with plenty of action commands and customizability.

Preferably it would be in 3D, no paper sprites. And it should definitely focus on Mario & Sonic working together and with a focus on how the characters react to the differences of their two worlds.

I like the idea of having Eggman kidnap Princess Peach to use her as some sort of super charger for the Chaos Emeralds, because it puts him in conflict with not only Sonic and the Mario Bros., but also Bowser... and that would be really fun to see.

It would be really cool to see it split into different story segments like the Sonic Adventures and the Paper Mario games do, and if so I'd like to see:

Main Story Chapters: Mario & Sonic(Plus many of their allies)

Perhaps you can choose whether you want to be Mario or Sonic at the beginning of the game, and so your game would have variations on which characters would appear and what abilities you could acquire, giving it more replayability. The characters would be focused on trying to find the Princess and the Chaos Emeralds.

Secondary Story Chapters: Eggman & Bowser(Plus various nefarious characters from both sides)

This story would give the player the chance to play as both villains as they attack one another and eventually join forces to reach common goals. Things the Heroes choose to do in their story will directly affect what happens in this story. The story would mostly take place in Bowser & Eggman's newly created reality.

Bonus Story Chapters: Knuckles & Princess Peach(Plus many obscure M&S characters)

This bonus story would be unlocked at some point in the game, and it would reveal how Princess Peach escaped Eggman's fortress and joined up with Knuckles and several forgotten Mario & Sonic characters to escape from Bowser & Eggman's new reality.

Final Story Chapter: In the end all three groups would merge to take out the new big bad that gets unleashed thanks to Eggman & Bowser altering the different realities.

.... that's probably enough from me for right now LOL.
    Last edited by E.Gadd; 05-09-2012 at 05:04 PM.

How can I feel bad when I agree with it. Out of all the things they could've done with Sonic and Mario together.... they use them and their parties for an Olympics based party game? Come on, both Sega and Nintendo have done better then that in many different occasions, and always with their respective mascots. Sorry, but knowing that, I can't help but dislike the series, it's a lot of wasted potential for something could've been another simple Wii sports title, but I guess that's just developers not wanting to take the risk of making a really cool game.

Anywho, I'm sticking with my Spare Parts knock off, at least that would make a good party and RPG game in one, it could even be 4 players. Can't go wrong with that, and it didn't seem like much of a problem with that pokemon adventure game Nintendo made a while back.
    Last edited by TheOgGamer; 05-09-2012 at 09:05 PM.

So what are you guys thinking as far as the setting for a Mario & Sonic RPG?

Should it feature famous locales from both franchises? Or new locations with common themes from both?

Would it be better to set the two worlds apart as having never known of each other's existence? Or could characters like Princess Peach and Amy recognize one another and actually be established as friends?

TheOgGamer:
    Last edited by E.Gadd; 05-10-2012 at 03:04 PM.

I love the M&S games (except London) but I would like an RPG. I would say pull a MK vs DC thing with the two universes colliding and Mario and Sonic and all their friends (Luigi, Tails, Peach, Knuckles, Amy, Daisy, Blaze, Rosalina, Shadow, and Wario) have to work together and separate the two. Even Bowser and Eggman help them since they don't want to die either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast