Thread: Gameloft Announces 4 New Titles At E3

Default Gameloft Announces 4 New Titles At E3

With E3 well underway, mobile developer Gameloft has let loose a salvo of new titles it'll be unveiling at the conference today. These include: Asphalt 7: Heat, The Amazing Spider-Man, Kingdoms & Lords, and Cosmic Colony.

Asphalt 7

Asphalt 7 is the latest in the iteration in Gameloft's long-running racing franchise, though it appears the gameplay has remained largely unchanged (read: racing games on phones still aren't very good), while graphics and the choice of vehicles have been noticeably stepped up. No release date has been announced.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Commissioned by the studio producing the movie of the same name, it's exactly what it sounds like: a movie game. We know how well those usually go. Judging by the hilarious amount of clipping and variably decent / oh-god-it's-1997 models and textures, it looks like The Amazing Spider-Man is right on track for "most forgettable Android game of the year." Release is expected on June 28.

Kingdoms & Lords

K&L seems to be a grab at more casual titles, with simple 2D graphics in a sort of turn-based-RPG-meets-Zynga-world-builder scenario where players can battle one another. Expect lots of in-game purchase options designed to sell you meaningless crap enhance your gameplay experience. It will be available June 7.

Cosmic Colony

Cosmic Colony appears to be yet another casual title in Gameloft's lineup designed to compete with casual titles from publisher-developers like Zynga, but is even more blatantly just another skinned world-builder. Hooray. No release date has been announced.
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/06...racing-series/

Can't say I care about the latter two, but Asphalt 7 and The Amazing Spider-Man are looking fantastic. THIS is what I was waiting for. I hope they'll work on China's Android handhelds...

2014: Year of the Android (again)

Commissioned by the studio producing the movie of the same name, it's exactly what it sounds like: a movie game. We know how well those usually go. Judging by the hilarious amount of clipping and variably decent / oh-god-it's-1997 models and textures, it looks like The Amazing Spider-Man is right on track for "most forgettable Android game of the year." Release is expected on June 28.
    yeah man cant wait for it

Quote Originally Posted by AutoSaver View Post
    yeah man cant wait for it
    Said the user who "doesn't care about graphics". Anyway, I'd prefer if they were honest about things like this than trying to ignore the problem as though it doesn't exist, unlike a certain other news source. Did you even watch the trailer?

This is one of the first Android games to have a massive open world like this. I have yet to see a game for 3DS or Vita that allows this. Graphics are still better than a 3DS game, too.

You know, if you're deliberately looking for some way to slight me for being interested in Android stuff - or whatever it is I'm interested in - you should know that it's not going to work and you're only making yourself look bad... If you came in here just to say "this sucks" without even taking a look at any of the games, you probably shouldn't be posting.

I've been noticing a similar pattern and very sardonic tone with your posts as of late, and frankly I'm disappointed, as I thought you were more mature than that. Besides, why should it matter to you anyway? If you're having so much fun playing other games, go play them instead and just be secure in your opinions. Nobody's forcing you to talk about this. That is unless... you are interested in it and are just trying to mask it by putting on a "cool guy" persona.
    Last edited by Dr. BaconStein; 06-08-2012 at 06:06 PM.

2014: Year of the Android (again)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. BaconStein View Post
    Said the user who "doesn't care about graphics". Anyway, I'd prefer if they were honest about things like this than trying to ignore the problem as though it doesn't exist, unlike a certain other news source. Did you even watch the trailer?

This is one of the first Android games to have a massive open world like this. I have yet to see a game for 3DS or Vita that allows this. Graphics are still better than a 3DS game, too.

You know, if you're deliberately looking for some way to slight me for being interested in Android stuff - or whatever it is I'm interested in - you should know that it's not going to work and you're only making yourself look bad... If you came in here just to say "this sucks" without even taking a look at any of the games, you probably shouldn't be posting.

I've been noticing a similar pattern and very sardonic tone with your posts as of late, and frankly I'm disappointed, as I thought you were more mature than that. Besides, why should it matter to you anyway? If you're having so much fun playing other games, go play them instead and just be secure in your opinions. Nobody's forcing you to talk about this. That is unless... you
    are interested in it and are just trying to mask it by putting on a "cool guy" persona.
    As have i, Kid must be going through his angsty teen phase, haha.

Anyways, game doesn't look half bad. Never been a fan of phone games, but i will admit that i somewhat enjoyed Chaos Rings for Ipod.
    <a href=http://segabits.com/forums/ target=_blank>http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dynamite.png</a>
    SEN: Pirovash88 Gamertag: Pirovash88 Nintendo Network ID: Pirovash88 Steam: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

There is a difference between not having the best graphics, and having graphics that are lazily put with tons of glitches.

And no, I don't need to watch a trailer (I did watch it though) that hypes up a game. We know it is a mobile game, we know it is a movie title game, AND gameloft.
    Uh, so? Doing something poorly first isn't really impressive. And I've seen better graphics on the 3DS. Kingdom Hearts 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, etc. It might look better than Spiderman 3D but we haven't even seen it yet.
    Again, you jumping to conclusions and trying to bridge silly things together. I really don't care if you like Android, and you really should rethink yourself if you're thinking I'm bashing you for it. As someone who has wanted an Android smartphone for a while now, I really don't think that same person would bash someone for liking one.

I really think you're taking things too seriously here. I merely bolded a section of your post that said it was the most forgettable game with you saying you're excited for it. It is written in your post, I can't believe you're actually taking me as someone who is deliberately bashing it when the article sourced is what I'm referring to. I did not at any point said it sucks. And I did not refer to all of the games, only Spiderman. The irony in the OP was hilarious and I merely pointed it out.

Oh, Pirovash. That has to deal with the amount of stupidity in other sections. Really, the only reason why I barely post here anymore. Post E3-HDtardism.

Edit: Really Piro? I've just browsed through the other sections and I'm seeing a TON of irony. At least when I'm making "sardonic" posts, they're not meant to be taken seriously. Yours? It is like you actually mean what you're saying! But yeah, Sega Forum. What do I expect?

Edit 2: Oh, and Dr. Bacon is full of irony now too. Again, what do I expect?
    Last edited by AutoSaver; 06-11-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Oh Autosaver, no need to take conversations on the internet so seriously..

Honestly though, i think you're not posting on here as often because you got burned about a bunch of Wii U crap.
    <a href=http://segabits.com/forums/ target=_blank>http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dynamite.png</a>
    SEN: Pirovash88 Gamertag: Pirovash88 Nintendo Network ID: Pirovash88 Steam: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

As unoriginal as Gameloft games are, they generally are good (except for the AI). I think the main article just wanted to be snarky. I'll probably get the Spiderman game if it's under $7.
    I'm the coolest!