Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Important Notice for all PSU XB360 Players

a fellow of infinite jest. Edward@Sega's Avatar

Default Important Notice for all PSU XB360 Players

Important Notice for all PSU XB360 Players:

We regret to inform you that servers for Phantasy Star Universe on XB360 will be closing as of this September 7th, 2012.
    This was not an easy decision but there comes a time when we must consider the level of service and support we can provide for an ongoing game, and balance those concerns against preparing for the future, and providing you with new opportunities and new experiences.

Following service closure, the single player version of the game will still be available, but network mode will be inaccessible. Players who still have a GUARDIANS license active following the close date will have their subscription refunded by Microsoft on a pro-rated basis.

Regarding this decision:

The time has come where we must move forward. We wish to thank every single one of you for your part in this journey.
    It has been a long run for our intrepid GUARDIANS: Across the Gurhal system for six years now, exploring new worlds and new challenges. While we are saddened to close the doors to PSU on Xbox 360, we are proud of the game and of our loyal fans who have supported us through the years.

More than anything we want to thank all of you once again, from the bottom of our hearts, for supporting this game, for providing feedback, and for enjoying and sharing in this experience with us.

We look forward to taking our memories and the lessons learned from this game as we prepare to move into the future. There is more news yet to come for Phantasy Star, and there will be much to be excited about in the coming weeks and months. For now, please feel free to share your memories of this game and know we look forward to sharing more adventures with you in the future!

-June 8th, 2012

“Who said we are lost again, in this lonely world?
    I say we can start again.”

a fellow of infinite jest. Edward@Sega's Avatar

On a personal note:

Along with other GMs, it has been my honor to serve you and take part in this game. This was in many ways my introduction to working at SEGA and my introduction to the wider SEGA Community.

I will continue to be here at SEGA, now and in the future, and I will certainly be on these boards until the end. Sadly, you can’t get rid of me that easily.

Regarding the time we have left, I will do my best to organize some celebratory events, for those of you who want to join. You may notice we are also adding a number of server-wide bonuses – the best we can do is go out in style.

When we closed the PC/PS2 servers here in the West several years ago, I shared the story of the first time I met you there, as a GM: on the beach, sitting pleasantly in the surf, sharing ideas and jokes. That same day I ventured on to XB360 for the first time, and met -- not a handful of GUARDIANS -- but a teeming mob. I was quickly enveloped. I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t slightly intimidating.

With time that I came to appreciate that energy and that enthusiasm. I have overseen events, observed the joyous mayhem of Sonic’s birthday … and presided over three different weddings.

Spirited, boundlessly enthusiastic, and holding our shared game to the highest of expectations: that is how I would describe XB360 players. It is meant as a compliment, because you have always been willing to fight for a game you loved. You have challenged me every single day I’ve been here, in the best way possible.

I’d feel dishonest if I didn’t acknowledge the fact that we didn’t all get everything we wanted out of our version of the game. I know some of you will be upset or angry or frustrated, and I hope with time we can find ways to talk about all of that – to learn useful lessons for how we, as a company, interact with you, the fans.

I hope you are all proud, as I am, to have been part of such a unique game, and to forge such an impressive presence for an action MMO in the console universe. Many games have come and gone, but we’ve lasted a long, long time.

In the end, this game was our version: it belongs to us, and I hope that as we move on, we remember what we did have here – a dedicated community, a great game, and years of shared adventures.

I figured you guys were closing the gates. The signs were shown, I knew it was a matter of time.

As someone who had been playing PSU since it's release day back in '06, I'd like to say 'thank you' to all my friends, past and present, and the SEGA staff for supporting PSU all these years, despite some, uh, rather bumpy patches throughout. PSU was my first "major" online-oriented game, and I must say, the memories made, and the good times had were definitely worth it. Even though I no longer play the game, it, in reality, is sad to see PSU shut down, since it was a big part of my life (yeah, sounds stupid, but it's true) through my highschool years.

So, hats off to everyone. Hopefully a lot of you get on the PSO2 train, so we can have more good times.

Big Blue salutes you.

I always found this version of Save This World more attractive:
    Last edited by BIGOLAF; 06-08-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    Big. Beautiful. Blue.™ ~♥~

Bout time.

FLAWLESS-VICTORY

Im really upset to see this...

So I guess everything I'm about to grind will be 10/10 and every drop I hunt for WILL drop... Oh i hope so..

Well there goes my enthusiasm for the grind boost -____-

So we have to pay till the server closes? Would have been nice to have these last few months free!!
    Rioblast M CAST FM, FF, FG / Drizzt MALE Human, FG, AF, FM, FF / Dark Goddess Cast Female, FG, FM, AF, FF / THOR Male Beast FM

is it possible for there to be another psu game for xbox edward ? this was really fun and im mad that i just joined a year ago

Woah thats like a heavy blast of wind =0

Welp I've been a day 1 player and i'll admit i've had my best moments whenever i played PSU with friends or new people. But hey, 6yrs was a nice run. Will miss this game as i grew up with it.

Thanks for doing your best with PSU Ed
    I also knew this was coming from a mile away when they were done releasing everything we already have

See you guys on JP PSO2!!!!
    Last edited by Seigi Kisuke; 06-09-2012 at 08:06 PM.
    If you wanna be kept up with PSO2 info (JP) go here: http://bumped.org/psublog/
    If you want info on the US/EU version, go to the same site or community forums http://bit.ly/MzayOd

I think its time for the Gat glichers, meseta buyers/sellers, S+10 glichers, account snatchers to confess because whats the worst that can happen?!?

Im happy its shutting down for my own reasons but this also teaches people a lesson.. A lesson that says dont take a game to serious because in the end it all comes back to reality. Nomore pony-tailedmovingtheyrehipswitharod anime chicks nomore. I guess ill spend the rest of the days grinding

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast