Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: House of the Dead on PSN/XBL (Original game)

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    That feel when SuperSonic56 deleted me off steam before we could bond :c
    Posts
    13,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by synapse View Post
    I bought a plastic gun to place the Move in for 3 the other day. Gotta love blasting zombies in THOTD 4 with it.
    It's a good feeling man

  2. #12
    Senior Member Kori-Maru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Curien Mansion
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Twilight View Post
    Ah yeah, I'm aware of the move.
    I was thinking of an adapter for the controller. I kinda dig the arcade feel when playing these sorts of games.
    I hope Microsoft uses this idea to implement with the Kinect, it'll be good for a original HotD game or EX.
    The Website of the Dead: The #1 Unofficial Fansite ~ www.thewebsiteofthedead.com
    The Great War of Cherry Blossoms: The "Sakura Wars" English Playthough Thread ~ http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...through-Thread

  3. #13
    Senior Member Kori-Maru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Curien Mansion
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Guys, I have the ultimate plan and will need everyone's help with this. Just give me a few hours and I will post it.

    Campaign of the Dead: We want HOTD 1&2 HD and Loving Deads: The House of the Dead EX http://www.thewebsiteofthedead.com/?p=1512
    We only need 100 signatures for both games. So far
    The House of the Dead HD:40 signs
    Loving Deads The House of the Dead EX: 33 signs
    Last edited by Kori-Maru; 07-23-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    The Website of the Dead: The #1 Unofficial Fansite ~ www.thewebsiteofthedead.com
    The Great War of Cherry Blossoms: The "Sakura Wars" English Playthough Thread ~ http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...through-Thread

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Take one long guess
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    House of the dead 1 and 2 are good the way they are. Just buy the actual game and stop whimping just because you do not own that console. I have the original HOTD, on my Saturn, and I have memories of playing the game at the movie theaters. HOTD, on the Saturn is no different then it's arcade counterpart. In fact they have two modes, original and enhanced. The problem is that people wanted that same feeling playing HOTD like at the arcades, and probably did not have the Light-Guns to go with the game.

    You folks want to waste more money on something you can't even hold in your hands, fine be that way, but think about, Was the original arcade game any better?

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    HOTD, on the Saturn is no different then it's arcade counterpart. In fact they have two modes, original and enhanced. The problem is that people wanted that same feeling playing HOTD like at the arcades, and probably did not have the Light-Guns to go with the game.
    As someone that has owned and played the Saturn port of HOTD I can safely and honestly say that your completely wrong with your statements. People aren't complaining because they don't own the console they're complaining because HOTD on the Saturn was a lazy half-assed rushed out the door mess that ended up being complete and utter crap and a disgrace to the HOTD franchise, and before you ask, yes I had light guns to go with the game in fact I still have them so getting the arcade experience that way is not a problem for me, the problems with the Saturn version are as follows: The graphics are ugly as hell compared to the arcade version, the framerate was slow and choppy, there was major load times in the levels themselves (which is a big no no for an action packed rail shooter) and the collision detection only worked 1/2 of the time, as for the enhanced mode it's mainly just the same thing with different costumes for the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    You folks want to waste more money on something you can't even hold in your hands, fine be that way, but think about, Was the original arcade game any better?
    Actually yes the arcade version is 10x better than the Saturn version will ever be.
    Code:
    里見治 1 shenmue 3 里見治 2 シェンムー3 セガサミーホールディングス株式会社 シェンムー3 sega hajime satomi 株式会社セガ

  6. #16
    Senior Member Wesker8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Glendora,CA
    Posts
    2,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kori-Maru View Post
    There is one for Loving Deads: The House of the Dead EX on the forum. The aim is to get 30,000 to sign this petition http://www.petitiononline.com/HOTDEX10/petition.html It'll probably show up next year on PSN or something. Wouldn't hurt to show Sega support.

    UPDATE: Just made one for The House of the Dead 1 & 2 in HD for PSN. Sega is giving NiGHTS the similar treatment. Why not House of the Dead? http://t.co/KoIffRV9
    I'd sign it, but it's only meant for psn. Give xbla some love too! I don't mind using a controller to play this game!!!!

    You have a need for speed?
    my deviantart if anyone wants to see
    http://howsplendid.deviantart.com/
    http://h0wsplendid.tumblr.com/ 3DS friend code: 0962-8933-1054

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Take one long guess
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superrayman3 View Post
    As someone that has owned and played the Saturn port of HOTD I can safely and honestly say that your completely wrong with your statements. People aren't complaining because they don't own the console they're complaining because HOTD on the Saturn was a lazy half-assed rushed out the door mess that ended up being complete and utter crap and a disgrace to the HOTD franchise, and before you ask, yes I had light guns to go with the game in fact I still have them so getting the arcade experience that way is not a problem for me, the problems with the Saturn version are as follows: The graphics are ugly as hell compared to the arcade version, the framerate was slow and choppy, there was major load times in the levels themselves (which is a big no no for an action packed rail shooter) and the collision detection only worked 1/2 of the time, as for the enhanced mode it's mainly just the same thing with different costumes for the players.
    Actually yes the arcade version is 10x better than the Saturn version will ever be.


    I don't know what you are talking about. It must be ten years, and ten consoles of fanboyism, that is raging in your bloodstream. House of the Dead on the Saturn was and still is amazing to play and see. Just like the arcade. Can you find a review of the Saturn game that states these problems at the time of release??? I wonder??? I am sure they had nothing but the best to say?

    .............

    You know I do know what you are talking about. It was the 1990's and this was an Arcade game released for a console, that barely made it out the door. We are god damn lucky to even get anything for our Sega Saturn, and since the blasted machine was built on STV hardware we got house of the dead.

    ..........

    Okay lets say I agree with you? If House of the dead was on the Sega Saturn first would it matter?
    Last edited by RegalSin; 03-02-2013 at 02:46 PM.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about. It must be ten years, and ten consoles of fanboyism, that is raging in your bloodstream.
    How do you figure that I'm speaking out of fanboyism?
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    House of the Dead on the Saturn was and still is amazing to play and see. Just like the arcade.
    Again I don't agree I've seen better looking Saturn ports of arcade games that were on the same hardware as HOTD (Virtua cop 1&2, Virtua Fighter 2, Virtual-On, and Sega Rally come to mind) and in comparison they all make the Saturn version of HOTD look like a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Can you find a review of the Saturn game that states these problems at the time of release??? I wonder??? I am sure they had nothing but the best to say?
    http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/house-of-the-dead
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/sega-s...iewerId,57914/
    Ask and ye shall receive, they don't mention the load times during the stages or faulty collision detection but they do mention the other points I made.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    You know I do know what you are talking about.
    Are you being sarcastic or are you being serious with this comment? I can't really tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    It was the 1990's and this was an Arcade game released for a console, that barely made it out the door.
    That's true but when you compare the fact that there were other arcade games that had better ports on the Saturn that were originally released on the same hardware as HOTD I find it insulting that HOTD was as bad as it was on Saturn especially since HOTD was a game that was released fairly late in the Saturn life cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    We are god damn lucky to even get anything for our Sega Saturn
    Not if the game is a buggy incomplete mess we aren't lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    and since the blasted machine was built on STV hardware we got house of the dead.
    You have to remember that HOTD was originally released on the SEGA Model 2 Hardware which was far more advanced than both the Saturn and the STV so in order to get the game to work on the Saturn SEGA had to reprogram the game to make it work on the Saturn's hardware, but they did such a bad job doing that because the game was rushed out the door, that when you compare HOTD to other model 2 ports on Saturn HOTD leaves a LOT to be desired.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Okay lets say I agree with you? If House of the dead was on the Sega Saturn first would it matter?
    If it was on Saturn first the game would probably be a different situation in alot of ways and I probably wouldn't have a reason to complain but since we're talking about an arcade port on the Saturn and not the other way around in the long run it does matter.
    Last edited by Superrayman3; 03-03-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    Code:
    里見治 1 shenmue 3 里見治 2 シェンムー3 セガサミーホールディングス株式会社 シェンムー3 sega hajime satomi 株式会社セガ

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Take one long guess
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superrayman3 View Post
    How do you figure that I'm speaking out of fanboyism?
    Okay here is the reality, ten consoles, and ten years later you own the original "At Home" version of house of the dead. Yet ten years later you are willing to pay for something, and enjoy it the same exact way. But here is the question? would you rather a complete revamp of HOTD, or just the same exact game you played on the Saturn. Think about it, why waste so much time attempting to release the same exact game that had at least three options of purchasing. You could have brought the actual Arcade machine, then of course the Saturn or PC game. So why waste makers, time on something that could be a DX, or Metal Gear X version instead of redoing it all over again.

    I am speaking in regards of the 1990's. You had a "At home" version and if you had the money, you could just buy the arcade machine, plain and simple. Now you want a downloadable version of something that is sappose to be better then the original, and pay next to nothing for it? Does that make any sense at all?

    Would it make sense to make a better version of you? Then Maybe I could record a message, and make drawings of you, as well as diagrams of your contruction, and a DNA chart of your body, so that billions of people can enjoy the memory of you. In reality we can never out do our originals, when we make ports, because a port is so that you can enjoy the memory of the arcade. Did you know some arcade ports are the last of their kind, because the machines original copies were lost or damaged, and no good dump could ever be made?

    Again I don't agree I've seen better looking Saturn ports of arcade games that were on the same hardware as HOTD (Virtua cop 1&2, Virtua Fighter 2, Virtual-On, and Sega Rally come to mind) and in comparison they all make the Saturn version of HOTD look like a joke.
    How would Segata Sanshiro feel about that remark?



    Ask and ye shall receive, they don't mention the load times during the stages or faulty collision detection but they do mention the other points I made.
    All they did was bash on the graphics, and complained that it was not the acade game. Also these are internet reviews, I want magazine reviews from when the game was in production to when it was released. I do not want to read from somebody from 2005.

    Are you being sarcastic or are you being serious with this comment? I can't really tell.
    That's true but when you compare the fact that there were other arcade games that had better ports on the Saturn that were originally released on the same hardware as HOTD I find it insulting that HOTD was as bad as it was on Saturn especially since HOTD was a game that was released fairly late in the Saturn life cycle.
    Well the game was not released late, it was released on par with the PC version, I suppose. I honestly doubt when you brought this game back then, you did not really care so much, until you started to read reviews. The game was original, and played fairly for a SEGA console, if you ask me.

    Not if the game is a buggy incomplete mess we aren't lucky.
    You have to remember that HOTD was originally released on the SEGA Model 2 Hardware which was far more advanced than both the Saturn and the STV so in order to get the game to work on the Saturn SEGA had to reprogram the game to make it work on the Saturn's hardware, but they did such a bad job doing that because the game was rushed out the door, that when you compare HOTD to other model 2 ports on Saturn HOTD leaves a LOT to be desired.
    What did you expect for a home version? You have millions of Genesis fans who played Street Fighter two, day in and day out and barely noticed the differences. They never knew it could be played via X-band as well. It is a home version, a person should be lucky. It is not like, todays world where you can have the entire 1990's PC library on a flash drive.

    If it was on Saturn first the game would probably be a different situation in alot of ways and I probably wouldn't have a reason to complain but since we're talking about an arcade port on the Saturn and not the other way around in the long run it does matter.
    So why are you complaining, about it. Do you want to hurt Segata's feelings? Think of it like that, it was a luxary to even play this game at home, and even more of a luxary to own the actual arcade.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Okay here is the reality, ten consoles, and ten years later you own the original "At Home" version of house of the dead. Yet ten years later you are willing to pay for something, and enjoy it the same exact way.
    Again the Saturn version is NOT the same as the arcade version of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    But here is the question? would you rather a complete revamp of HOTD, or just the same exact game you played on the Saturn.
    If by revamp you mean a version that's Arcade perfect then yes I'd rather a revamp.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Think about it, why waste so much time attempting to release the same exact game that had at least three options of purchasing.
    2 for the average joe consumer.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    You could have brought the actual Arcade machine, then of course the Saturn or PC game.
    How many people can afford an arcade machine? I think that even suggesting that most people can afford the arcade machine is a moot point also I'd like to point out that I've not only owned the Saturn version but also the PC version in my life and while graphically it's better than what the Saturn offered it's still far from arcade perfect but you know what, that's okay with me because its still a great port because the PC version doesn't have any of the big issues that plague the Saturn version, the framerate is just like the arcade, there's no load time during the stages, and the best thing about the PC version is the collision detection actually works 100% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    So why waste makers, time on something that could be a DX, or Metal Gear X version instead of redoing it all over again.
    Because people want the original arcade version of the game on a new platform, if they can do it for Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers and Virtual-On I don't see why HOTD shouldn't also get the same treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    I am speaking in regards of the 1990's.
    Ok fair enough
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    You had a "At home" version and if you had the money, you could just buy the arcade machine, plain and simple.
    Again saying that most people can buy the arcade machine is a moot point because how many average joe gamers have the money to buy an arcade machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Now you want a downloadable version of something that is sappose to be better then the original, and pay next to nothing for it? Does that make any sense at all?
    No what we want is a downloadable version that perfectly represents the original game nothing more nothing less, your trying to take our words and make it sound like we want a complete remake of the game which just isn't what this thread is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Would it make sense to make a better version of you? Then Maybe I could record a message, and make drawings of you, as well as diagrams of your contruction, and a DNA chart of your body, so that billions of people can enjoy the memory of you.
    This is irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    In reality we can never out do our originals, when we make ports, because a port is so that you can enjoy the memory of the arcade.
    Yeah and neither of the already existing ports fully captures what made the arcade game special.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Did you know some arcade ports are the last of their kind, because the machines original copies were lost or damaged, and no good dump could ever be made?
    in cases like that it's understandable I'll give you that however that's not the case with HOTD people still have working arcade machines and dumps of the roms are floating around on the net so SEGA has 2 sources that they could use to get the data to make a great port all they have to do is put forth the effort to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    How would Segata Sanshiro feel about that remark?
    Segata Sanshiro would probably agree with me completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    All they did was bash on the graphics, and complained that it was not the acade game.
    They complained about the graphics and gameplay two faults I've already brought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Also these are internet reviews, I want magazine reviews from when the game was in production to when it was released. I do not want to read from somebody from 2005.
    Ok regarding the Moby Games review you have me on that one, but check the date the gamerevolution review was published again, it was published in 1998 the same year HOTD was released so that one qualifies.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Well the game was not released late, it was released on par with the PC version, I suppose.
    Yeah and both were released in 1998 which actually was fairly late in the Saturns life.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    I honestly doubt when you brought this game back then, you did not really care so much, until you started to read reviews.
    I actually didn't own the Saturn version until about 2008 and I still remember the first words that came out of my mouth when I started playing and those words were: WTF is this? This isn't HOTD, I could tell after the first 2 minutes of playing that the game was crap, and no I didn't read any reviews before playing the game or until about 2 years after playing the Saturn version so you're wrong about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    The game was original, and played fairly for a SEGA console, if you ask me.
    If that's you opinion then fine but don't go bashing users for expressing their desire for a new port.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    What did you expect for a home version?
    Back then I would expect decent graphics recognizable music and good gameplay that wasn't broken for the most part, HOTD on Staurn failed to deliver 2 of those traits of a good home port.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    You have millions of Genesis fans who played Street Fighter two, day in and day out and barely noticed the differences.
    The reason most people didn't notice the differences was because the game actually resembled the Arcade game very well, I may not be a SF2 fan but even I can at least admit that the game had all of the traits needed for a good home port.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    They never knew it could be played via X-band as well.
    And what does this have to do with home ports?
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    It is a home version, a person should be lucky.
    If a home port actually makes an effort to resemble the original game then yes people should consider themselves lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    It is not like, todays world where you can have the entire 1990's PC library on a flash drive.
    PC games are different to console games trying to compare them is pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    So why are you complaining, about it.
    I'm complaining about it because my complaints actually have merit.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Do you want to hurt Segata's feelings?
    Trust me I don't think it'll hurt Segata's feelings because he probably knows that what I'm saying about the game is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Think of it like that, it was a luxary to even play this game at home, and even more of a luxary to own the actual arcade.
    I wouldn't consider playing a buggy mess of a home port a luxury, and again not many people could afford the Arcade machine so again saying that is a moot point.
    Code:
    里見治 1 shenmue 3 里見治 2 シェンムー3 セガサミーホールディングス株式会社 シェンムー3 sega hajime satomi 株式会社セガ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •