Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: [FIXED] Forum Login Problems - 7/25/12

Quote Originally Posted by NickonAquaMagna View Post
    I dunno what's wrong with this site, but it seems to automatically log me out and then back in every few minutes. I wanna be here, guys, but I don't think this will be an enjoyable experience for me if I'm wrestling to stay logged in the entire time.
    Have you tried checking the "Remember Me" box when you login? It's just below the user and password fields.

Recent fav house: Zzyzx (Sergey Shemet Remix) Recent fav trance: Beside You (Startail Remix)
    Can the eel come out to play?

Finally after at least 5 days of repeated failure to log in...well, I'm in. Had to reset my pass word at least 5 times though. Checked remember me box, but the whole process remains incredibly finicky.

Finally back! My word, that has to be the most tedious weekend I've ever had with this site. Well, minus the hacking last year, but still. It seems that if anyone's had problems logging in, you should try now as quickly as you can.
    If you give a good idea to a mediocre team, they will screw it up. If you give a mediocre idea to a brilliant team, they will either fix it or throw it away and come up with something better...If you arenít experiencing failure, then you are making a far worse mistake: You are being driven by the desire to avoid it. -Ed Catmull,

I dunno what's wrong with this site, but it seems to automatically log me out and then back in every few minutes. I wanna be here, guys, but I don't think this will be an enjoyable experience for me if I'm wrestling to stay logged in the entire time.
    Don't worry too much about it. This log in problem is a fluke. We've never had these problems before this past week, and the Admins are working hard to get programmers to fix it. I'd be more concerned about what happens AFTER you log in.
    If you give a good idea to a mediocre team, they will screw it up. If you give a mediocre idea to a brilliant team, they will either fix it or throw it away and come up with something better...If you arenít experiencing failure, then you are making a far worse mistake: You are being driven by the desire to avoid it. -Ed Catmull,

Yeah, I had problems with this a few days ago, but clicking "Remember Me" worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I'd rather have a video game console that can't play DVDs than one that can't play video games at all. Amazingly, I've just predicted why people won't like the next Xbox.

I have "remember me" set on my computer, but I can't login on other computers.

Don't worry. this isn't regular

I accidentally cleared my cookies and got the login problem, I was able to get back on via a proxy server however so if anyone else cannot login try logging in via a proxy and it should work, this workaround will have to do I suppose but... just a warning though, of course if you're using a proxy this means your account can be hacked by the proxy owner, after all the proxy IS the man in the middle when you use it.

Recent fav house: Zzyzx (Sergey Shemet Remix) Recent fav trance: Beside You (Startail Remix)

Default Log in without proxy

Okay, so I managed to login on my browser and am no longer using the proxy, if you have good knowledge of cookies you can do this too. You need the Cookies Manager add-on for Firefox if you want to do this, since this requires copying, and modifying cookie data. This will take about a few minutes if you know what you're doing and around 10 minutes otherwise.

Go to http://www.airproxy.ca (you can use a different proxy, but the cookie data may be different there so this tutorial might not work), then go to forums.sega.com over the proxy and sign in with remember me checked, once you have signed in you'll have the cookies under the airproxy.ca domain. Open up cookies manager (Tools->Cookie Manager), and you'll want to check every cookie you have from that domain for "%" signs (in both the name and the value data), if you see one, delete it and EXACTLY 4 characters in front of it (example remove "%a123" from "cookie_%a123name%a123" resulting in "cookie_name"), be careful in this step to make sure you do not mess up. Now do the same except delete every "COOKIE" you come across in the name of each cookie, (example remove "COOKIE" from "COOKIEcookie_name" resulting in "cookie_name"), once you've done that you're nearly done. Now you just have to change the domain parameter of each cookie from .airproxy.ca to forums.sega.com, do that for every cookie that starts with "bb". If you followed all the steps correctly, go to forums.sega.com WITHOUT the proxy, just normally and you will appear logged in! If you're not logged in you made a mistake earlier. Now remember you entered your details through that proxy earlier, so you may want to change your password just for precaution. A careful note though, the cookies expire at end of session which means when you close your browser they dissappear, to change this, just modify the date value of the cookies and set them to 2013 or something like that.

Clumsyorchid - In b4 lock Julian's Avatar

Login issues should be fixed for all users - please check and verify that you can login. Everyone here thanks you for your patience while this was being worked on and (hopefully) resolved. I've done a pass myself and it appears to be working as expected.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

@SEGA does what @Nintendon't

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast