Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sumo's Joe Neate and SEGA's Derrek Peel: "Final Roster is 20 Characters"

I set the time for when Mr. Lycett answers the question.

http://youtu.be/Ko_o_Bpq0fc?t=2m32s

"28 or 29 Characters" , this interview was done a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ChilliDogz View Post
    this interview was done a few days ago.
    This was done last month, but that's beside the point.

Does this mean that Neate doesn't know about the game he is producing? He clearly said there are around 7 characters yet to be revealed, and this was before the Nights/Reala announcement.

I find it hard to believe that Neate would make such a mistake, and I don't think S0L is lying. Is there a reason behind this confusion?

Schroedinger's character slots.

Look, even devs can commit mistakes sometimes, there's simply just no way that the final roster is 20 characters only, that's exactly (or less) the number of characters from the first game.

So far, 30 playable characters (including three 3rd party characters) have been confirmed to appear in this game.
    I read this from Sonic.Wikia.Com, So the whole 20 characters seem pretty false.

I think he might have meant 30 and said 20 by mistake

Quote Originally Posted by 0LunarShadow View Post
    Who cares about challenges?! We can totally take on anything 'cause together we're the SEGA FORUMS!!!
    *cool pose*

SUMO Digital

The thing is, different people think of different things when you say 'How many characters are in the game'.

Are we talking about playable choices, drivers, vehicle forms, which platform are we talking about, what?

Me, I go with actual playable choices on the character select. Over all the different platforms, this totals up to 29 actual playable choices. But that doesn't mean that there are 29 playable choices in all platforms (in fact no single platform has all 29). Some drop down to the low 20's, some instead have high 20's.

Why is this? Well some platforms have characters that are unique to that platform. I'm not going to say which, that's part of the fun of the reveals! Some are SEGA characters, some are not. Don't bother asking :P

Playable choices doesn't necessarily equal drivers either. Not as we're talking passengers or hood ornaments, counting those would indeed be cheap, but you know this is game all about transformation, we are doing things with the vehicles that we've not shown you, that are going to really surprise you.

So yes I get that it's fun to debate who is right and who is wrong, but at the end of the day, you can measure what's there in loads of different ways. Across all the playable vehicles, there are currently more than 90 different forms (as each vehicle has a land, air and sea mode + you've not seen anything on the All-Stars...) and who said each vehicle was limited to a single driver... Or indeed vehicle type per surface.

Wait and see. This is why whenever you ask us anywhere, we can't give you a straight answer. Well that and the NDA's.

Incidentally, Joe and Derek would never have a fight, but Joe would clearly win in a drinking contest

---
    S0L
    ---

Now that's an informative post! Thanks for clearing that up!

Though I don't understand why some SEGA characters would be tied to certain platforms... I plan on getting the PC version and I hope it won't have less content like the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by S0L View Post
    The thing is, different people think of different things when you say 'How many characters are in the game'.

Are we talking about playable choices, drivers, vehicle forms, which platform are we talking about, what?

Me, I go with actual playable choices on the character select. Over all the different platforms, this totals up to 29 actual playable choices. But that doesn't mean that there are 29 playable choices in all platforms (in fact no single platform has all 29). Some drop down to the low 20's, some instead have high 20's.

Why is this? Well some platforms have characters that are unique to that platform. I'm not going to say which, that's part of the fun of the reveals! Some are SEGA characters, some are not. Don't bother asking :P

Playable choices doesn't necessarily equal drivers either. Not as we're talking passengers or hood ornaments, counting those would indeed be cheap, but you know this is game all about transformation, we are doing things with the vehicles that we've not shown you, that are going to really surprise you.

So yes I get that it's fun to debate who is right and who is wrong, but at the end of the day, you can measure what's there in loads of different ways. Across all the playable vehicles, there are currently more than 90 different forms (as each vehicle has a land, air and sea mode + you've not seen anything on the All-Stars...) and who said each vehicle was limited to a single driver... Or indeed vehicle type per surface.

Wait and see. This is why whenever you ask us anywhere, we can't give you a straight answer. Well that and the NDA's.

Incidentally, Joe and Derek would never have a fight, but Joe would clearly win in a drinking contest

---
    S0L
    ---

I said a very similar thing a couple of weeks ago, but you guys choose what you listen to very selectively. It's hard to say how many chracters are in there because it depends so heavily on exactly how you count them. And Sumo aren't really at liberty to clarify more than S0L has above... Well said Steve!
    Pro Vertex Transfomer, Nurb Wrangler and Pixel Pusher.

"Arbiter of the norm"

Quote Originally Posted by Rikitatsu View Post
    Now that's an informative post! Thanks for clearing that up!

Though I don't understand why some SEGA characters would be tied to certain platforms... I plan on getting the PC version and I hope it won't have less content like the first game.

It will have what it has and you will make a fully informed decision at the time of purchase. And you will be more than satisfied when you buy, I'm convinced. If you can honestly say that this game delivers less than last time I'll pay for your copy myself.
    Pro Vertex Transfomer, Nurb Wrangler and Pixel Pusher.

"Arbiter of the norm"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast