Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any word on why PSo2 won't be on a console

Default Any word on why PSo2 won't be on a console

And although i wish it was on 360 and such, I still feel like it could've at least been on ps3( even though i hate sony)

So any word? Kinda odd us loyal psu console gamers are left out and now cannot continue the phantasy star series( those who only have consoles or do not like pc gaming, etc)

EDIT: also for console haters or those people who say " pc is better anyway" even though that is an opinion, please dont respond. This is to talk about why its not on a console, not about console or pc bashing.
    Last edited by Dark Phoenix!; 08-09-2012 at 05:42 PM.

It won't be on ps3 because they don't want another mmo that competes with their own f2p mmo dcuo, and it will be a killer app for the vita. 360 won't do it because MS has a problem with mmos, updates, and other such nonsense that has only hindered them.

i too wish this was for xbox360, but you go where the games are and this is a pc game. i already bought the wireless controller adapter for my pc and have hooked it up to my hdtv. my friends are doing the same and we will be on xbox live party chat while we play pso2. with the game being free to play, i only spent about $30 getting the adapter and hdmi cable. small pain in the butt to get the same experiece i love on console. if you try this, you can hit me up when the time comes for some runs... later
    Chianna-female newman lvl 180 mf
    Todd the Wraith-male cast lvl 180 gm
    Methos-male beast lvl 180 fm

I'm simply gonna have to but I'm sceptical about pc gaming. Your pc has to be justtttt right, or the experience will be choppy and lame. I would love to just put a disc in and be playing in an instant. I would at least hope they bring it to US/EU vita

since the game is pc it makes things slightly more easy for sega I guess even though they did say there gonna release pso2 on the vita psp right

a fellow of infinite jest. Edward@Sega's Avatar

Since right now we've only discussed or even announced a PC version for outside of Japan, that's really all there is to comment on.

The game is really designed for the PC -- I can't speak to the Vita or anything else right now, just what we've announced -- but as much as Xbox 360 was a tremendous experience for us and a great opportunity to expand the Phantasy Star .... er, universe ... it isn't something we have in mind for PSO2.

The Xbox 360 is a tremendous console, but remember, both the XBox 360 and PS3 are nearing the end of their console life cycle. Something will obviously replace them but at this time it doesn't make sense to gear a new MMO for those systems, even if other new games are still finding happy and productive homes there.

Beyond that I really can't comment, and I'm not even privy to all the design-level conversations that take place -- so this is not even insider information, just a common sense look at what's going on.

I think it would be for the best to just leave the vita out of this or it could potentially weaken the game overall. I ALSO figure vita would need the same q and a that any psn title, so that would be something to consider as well.

Quote Originally Posted by danielgx View Post
    i too wish this was for xbox360, but you go where the games are and this is a pc game. i already bought the wireless controller adapter for my pc and have hooked it up to my hdtv. my friends are doing the same and we will be on xbox live party chat while we play pso2. with the game being free to play, i only spent about $30 getting the adapter and hdmi cable. small pain in the butt to get the same experiece i love on console. if you try this, you can hit me up when the time comes for some runs... later
    I got motion joy. It works great with my dualshock and even allows for me to use its bluetooth functionality with a cheapo bluetooth receiver I bought for twenty bucks.. I use a combo of it and xpadder to play diablo 3 and now I never want to go back to kb/m.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward@Sega View Post
    Since right now we've only discussed or even announced a PC version for outside of Japan, that's really all there is to comment on.

The game is really designed for the PC -- I can't speak to the Vita or anything else right now, just what we've announced -- but as much as Xbox 360 was a tremendous experience for us and a great opportunity to expand the Phantasy Star .... er, universe ... it isn't something we have in mind for PSO2.

The Xbox 360 is a tremendous console, but remember, both the XBox 360 and PS3 are nearing the end of their console life cycle. Something will obviously replace them but at this time it doesn't make sense to gear a new MMO for those systems, even if other new games are still finding happy and productive homes there.

Beyond that I really can't comment, and I'm not even privy to all the design-level conversations that take place -- so this is not even insider information, just a common sense look at what's going on.
    designed for the PC for the pc huh? so why is it plug and play with xbox 360 pad and you not at handycap with pad you can do everythting with it
    Sega has hired all these XBL and PSN hackers to give both parties a bad name so they cane rise above the mess and introduce the unhackable Dreamcast 2 to the public.

This should be for Home Consoles even though it was made for PC

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast