Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: Why does the Wii U Version Cost More

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    249

    Default Why does the Wii U Version Cost More

    the limited editions for ps3 and xbox 360 is 32.99 but the wii u version is 39.99

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...an%2Caps%2C223


    thats unfair inisit it

    i would like to get this for the wii u on launch but not its more expensive ps3 it is so

  2. #2
    Senior Member Starlight Rage Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East Manchester
    Posts
    15,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tajd View Post
    the limited editions for ps3 and xbox 360 is 32.99 but the wii u version is 39.99

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...an%2Caps%2C223


    thats unfair inisit it

    i would like to get this for the wii u on launch but not its more expensive ps3 it is so
    The price was £29.09 when they were first up. I wonder what happened to the rise in the price?

    The Wii U is a new console, so they need to charge through the nose to make sure that the sales are good for the launch.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img822/7198/45zm.png
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cunning Condor View Post
    What is Courage of another steel mind of sucker?
    Quote Originally Posted by kells0n View Post
    Sturmführer Starlichen von Ragzonen, 2. SS-Panzer Division Das Reich
    The lovely Paladin (or Claymore) of the SEGA Forums

  3. #3
    Senior Member MrFranklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,367

    Default

    Don't worry, you'll be better off getting it on the PS3. Word is that the Wii U version is having horrible performance issues. They were probably rushed to make a Wii U version and aren't used to its crappy CPU.


  4. #4
    SUMO Digital
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFranklin View Post
    Don't worry, you'll be better off getting it on the PS3. Word is that the Wii U version is having horrible performance issues. They were probably rushed to make a Wii U version and aren't used to its crappy CPU.
    Wrong. If anything the WiiU version is now the closest to the target framerate, well discounting the PC version that is

    If I had to hazard a guess on the price, it's that Amazon didn't know how much WiiU games were supposed to RRP at and now have that information.

    Folk who pre-ordered early getting a bargain in other words :P

    ---
    S0L
    ---

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFranklin View Post
    Don't worry, you'll be better off getting it on the PS3. Word is that the Wii U version is having horrible performance issues. They were probably rushed to make a Wii U version and aren't used to its crappy CPU.
    PS3... Or Xbox 360.

    I don't know. I think I'm likely to be getting it on an Xbox 360. Well, we all have our own choices to make. I own both consoles, but my heart tells me that I'll most likely get it on a Xbox 360. Choices.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Rikitatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S0L View Post
    Wrong. If anything the WiiU version is now the closest to the target framerate
    The fanboys are going to have a field day with this statement.
    But its good to know.

  7. #7
    SUMO Digital
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    ...and of course, we're aiming to have them all at the target framerate. Remember, it's not finished. Which is why we're not getting much sleep :P

    ---
    S0L
    ---

  8. #8
    Senior Member Dilan101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    74

    Default

    If I may ask, what "is" the wii U? I didnt watch nintendo's E3 conference because I wasn't really all that interested in what they were doing. Last I heard they were shoving a lot of mario in people's faces. Though I did miss rayman .

    As for the target framerate, I really appreciate and love all of the hard work you guys are putting into this game! Keep it up Sumo!!! :3 everything looks amazing so far

  9. #9
    Senior Member FourCartridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dilan101 View Post
    If I may ask, what "is" the wii U? I didnt watch nintendo's E3 conference because I wasn't really all that interested in what they were doing. Last I heard they were shoving a lot of mario in people's faces.
    This.


    It's Nintendo's Next-Gen console, coming out in November. Wii U Transformed is a day 1 launch title for it.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Dilan101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    74

    Default Im ^^;

    Quote Originally Posted by FourCartridge View Post
    This.


    It's Nintendo's Next-Gen console, coming out in November. Wii U Transformed is a day 1 launch title for it.


    I didnt mean it like that ( well besides the actual console. Havent seen that before ) I mean, does it do anything new? So far all I've heard from other people is that it has improved graphics and a touchscreen controller...and thats it really.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •