Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic & SEGA All-Stars WARZONE (a fan-video)

SUMO Digital

That's actually really cool, the guy should get in touch with us about a job :P

I love how you're complaining about the roster already mind

---
    S0L
    ---

If a game like this were to be made, it wouldn't matter if the characters "seem" like they could be fighters or not. That's part of the fun with these types of games in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbub View Post
    If a game like this were to be made, it wouldn't matter if the characters "seem" like they could be fighters or not. That's part of the fun with these types of games in my opinion.
    I can't see B.D. Joe as a fighter but a CrazyTaxi level could work perfectly. If Sumo ever make a fighting game, we should at least see a bit of some serious fighting type characters with potential. Give me Bruno Dilenger, Sakura Shinguji, Kazuma Kiryu, Joe Musashi and I'll be set.
    The Website of the Dead: The #1 Unofficial Fansite ~ www.thewebsiteofthedead.com
    The Great War of Cherry Blossoms: The "Sakura Wars" English Playthough Thread ~ http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...through-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by S0L View Post
    That's actually really cool, the guy should get in touch with us about a job :P

I love how you're complaining about the roster already mind

---
    S0L
    ---
    Design wise yes. Roster and game play wise.... nooo

Sumo, Power Stone is the way to go with a roster that will appeal both Western & Japanese audiences.
    The Website of the Dead: The #1 Unofficial Fansite ~ www.thewebsiteofthedead.com
    The Great War of Cherry Blossoms: The "Sakura Wars" English Playthough Thread ~ http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...through-Thread

Imo, Fighting characters should be the main focus before putting any awkward type of fighter.

A Sega Fighting game without a Virtua Fighter character would be weird.

Pretty cool. You can tell the guy(s) are really into the idea and put a good amount of effort into it. Hope we get something like this some day, Smash clone or not.

Quote Originally Posted by linkhatcherT View Post
    Imo, Fighting characters should be the main focus before putting any awkward type of fighter.

A Sega Fighting game without a Virtua Fighter character would be weird.
    It should still be a Sega All Stars game first and foremost NOT just a fighting game. Sega could just make a new Virtua Fighter if that's what they wanted to do. Do you think half the characters in smash bros. are actually fighters? Putting in well known characters is more important than putting in a character because they have been in a fighting game. Although I'm sure some of those types of characters would be well suited AND well known enough to deserve a spot on the roster. All I have to say is, using Smash Bros. as an example, if those developers thought in terms of "which of our franchises suit a fighting game?" we would have ended up with a shell of the game we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperboy View Post
    Pretty cool. You can tell the guy(s) are really into the idea and put a good amount of effort into it. Hope we get something like this some day, Smash clone or not.

i don think this would ever happen because sonic is part of the smash bros universe already
    http://ryohd.tumblr.com
    also check out my Miiverse ART @: Ryo_Hazuki-san

It should still be a Sega All Stars game first and foremost NOT just a fighting game. Sega could just make a new Virtua Fighter if that's what they wanted to do. Do you think half the characters in smash bros. are actually fighters? Putting in well known characters is more important than putting in a character because they have been in a fighting game. Although I'm sure some of those types of characters would be well suited AND well known enough to deserve a spot on the roster. All I have to say is, using Smash Bros. as an example, if those developers thought in terms of "which of our franchises suit a fighting game?" we would have ended up with a shell of the game we have now.
    Sounds like you didn't read my post correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by ChilliDogz View Post
    It's not that. Like I enjoy seeing the Genesis reps they picked and what not (believe me I'm there with you , I hope they deliver on this roster with more and what not). But I mean come on let's be serious , this many characters wouldn't show up and not all of them work. How in the blue Hell does B.D Joe make sense in a fighting game? At least if they're going to pick something odd to be a playable try to get something more tangible that doesn't feel forced. Not everything works , ya know? XD. Actually this is gonna make people "double take" but the Warehog vs Altered Beast idea was downright brilliant , see now that's a creative idea.

Yeah , I mean honestly I'd probally still get it. I guess I just care too much when it comes to fighting or fighting esqe games LOL. Yeah I mean the art was honestly pretty legit.

Ah totally get you. XD Yeah I was also like "Man that's one heck of an ambitious roster..." but I can't complain if every single one of my Genesis favorites are there. Even Sketch Turner and Pulseman!

You make a valid point regarding the non-fighting type. I mean characters that don't attack in any way in their games shouldn't be considered a priority. But this guy sold me on the idea of Altered Beast (and yeah, I also loved him pitting him against the Werehog too).

Still, I hope someday something comes off an idea like this. Wether it's a 3D or 2D brawlers, or wether it's a Virtua-Fighter-esque game with SEGA characters in it, in the vein of Fighters Megamix. Racing is cool too, btw, S0L.
    http://orig07.deviantart.net/050d/f/2016/250/f/8/sonic_mania_trailer_mugshots___dlc_by_diegichigo-dagvyp1.gif

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast