Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic & SEGA All-Stars WARZONE (a fan-video)

Quote Originally Posted by linkhatcherT View Post
    Sounds like you didn't read my post correctly.
    You said fighting characters should be the main focus. What did I get wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbub View Post
    You said fighting characters should be the main focus. What did I get wrong?
    All I said is that Fighting Ips such Virtua Fighter, Fighting Vipers, ect. should importantly be represented in a Sega fighting game before deciding on anymore characters.

Besides that Fighting IPs all ready have there moveset so it will be much easier to implement the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by linkhatcherT View Post
    All I said is that Fighting Ips such Virtua Fighter, Fighting Vipers, ect. should importantly be represented in a Sega fighting game before deciding on anymore characters.

Besides that Fighting IPs all ready have there moveset so it will be much easier to implement the characters.
    Agreed along with Sega's beat'em up titles. I would love to see Sumo to put in a few JP Only Sega franchises that would totally make sense to put such characters in a fighting game.

It would be cool to have a Bare Knuckle mode like how Sakura Taisen 3 has.
    The Website of the Dead: The #1 Unofficial Fansite ~ www.thewebsiteofthedead.com
    The Great War of Cherry Blossoms: The "Sakura Wars" English Playthough Thread ~ http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...through-Thread

Eh...not particularly impressed by the presentation. The premise deserves something a lot better than looking like a 4-player smash fest running on a MUGEN engine.

And no sense of quality check for the roster overall. Props for the effort and ideas, though.

Quote Originally Posted by S0L
    I love how you're complaining about the roster already mind
    Because you would never see BD Joe fight people. Ever. The guy is a pacifist. And there's the huge stain of third-party all over it, considering the title. There's just something really obnoxious about the growing reliance on guest characters in video games these days, it doesn't surprise anyone anymore.
    Last edited by TB; 10-23-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Fnarf.

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    Eh...not particularly impressed by the presentation. The premise deserves something a lot better than looking like a 4-player smash fest running on a MUGEN engine.

And no sense of quality check for the roster overall. Props for the effort and ideas, though.

Because you would never see BD Joe fight people. Ever. The guy is a pacifist. And there's the huge stain of third-party all over it, considering the title. There's just something really obnoxious about the growing reliance on guest characters in video games these days, it doesn't surprise anyone anymore.
    To be fair, some 3rd party choices were smart.

Pulseman? Earthworm Jim? The guy from Gunstar Heroes? Those were Genesis exclusives, and part of the heavy-hitters (they should've completed it with Dynamite Headdy) ((And sure, EWJ isn't exclusive but he was a lot more popular on the Genesis than on SNes).

Megaman was put in there because of the Comic crossover.
    http://orig07.deviantart.net/050d/f/2016/250/f/8/sonic_mania_trailer_mugshots___dlc_by_diegichigo-dagvyp1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by shihe View Post
    Ah totally get you. XD Yeah I was also like "Man that's one heck of an ambitious roster..." but I can't complain if every single one of my Genesis favorites are there. Even Sketch Turner and Pulseman!

You make a valid point regarding the non-fighting type. I mean characters that don't attack in any way in their games shouldn't be considered a priority. But this guy sold me on the idea of Altered Beast (and yeah, I also loved him pitting him against the Werehog too).

Still, I hope someday something comes off an idea like this. Wether it's a 3D or 2D brawlers, or wether it's a Virtua-Fighter-esque game with SEGA characters in it, in the vein of Fighters Megamix. Racing is cool too, btw, S0L.
    Yeah no I hear ya , it was very nice seeing all these classic Genesis guys and to be fair I would think a vast majority of them could work based on how they all perform in their games.

I mean think about it like this. Sackboy is in Playstation All Stars. Sackboy isn't a fighter , but at least he makes sense because he's stomping enemies and throwing stuff at them. If they did something like this they would simply have to find characters that don't exactly fit the build that could work. Because obviously you can't have a game like this with 100% fighting game guys and Sonic dudes , you need a nice balance and representation. And yeah man that was a solid rival idea right there lol really cool.

I agree. I think fighting games have a lot of appeal because people always have dream matches in their minds of characters and how they would react to one another , how they would handle themselves , etc. I think that's why fighting games and even games like Smash are so damn successful. It's just a full blast of celebrating a brand mixed with awesome and fun fights.

Sega is one of those rare companies that I personally believe could actually pull this off. I would just love to see someone take the reigns of Power Stone and do more with it (special moves , more stages , etc). And absolutely , this isn't a thread to say we don't appreciate Transformed at all. But it's definitely a solid idea to maybe think about :P. Wishful thinking I know.

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post

While I agree with your thoughts on the roster and what not. I have to admit Earthworm Jim is an exclusive I can actually SEE in a game like this. He's well capable of fighting , still extremely iconic , had a sucessful HD release , had a cartoon series and comic book run and a toy line , and they're in the process of possibly bringing him back, ANDDDD he was only on Genesis IIRC. Makes sense to me :P. GROOVY!

Quote Originally Posted by shihe View Post
    To be fair, some 3rd party choices were smart.

Pulseman? Earthworm Jim? The guy from Gunstar Heroes? Those were Genesis exclusives, and part of the heavy-hitters (they should've completed it with Dynamite Headdy) ((And sure, EWJ isn't exclusive but he was a lot more popular on the Genesis than on SNes).

Megaman was put in there because of the Comic crossover.
    I thought someone would say that and I'm very aware of the relevance about those characters. As much as I have high respect for them, making them wholely playable characters would really diminish the immersion of having a strictly SEGA all-star cast the other SEGA Superstar/All-Stars games had. I would be entirely alright with subtle references, though.

I'm not sure exactly how to pinpoint this exactly, but we've got to understand that there's a thin line between characters from popular and notorious SEGA games and characters under SEGA's license. I suppose it does depend with what SEGA would deem acceptable and viable for what counts as SEGA characters for an inter-crossover like this, but that line shouldn't be broken without a reasonable context. I need a more tangible consensus on this, so bear with me here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliDogz
    While I agree with your thoughts on the roster and what not. I have to admit Earthworm Jim is an exclusive I can actually SEE in a game like this. He's well capable of fighting , still extremely iconic , had a sucessful HD release , had a cartoon series and comic book run and a toy line , and they're in the process of possibly bringing him back, ANDDDD he was only on Genesis IIRC. Makes sense to me :P. GROOVY!
    I don't doubt that in the slightest! My question, however, is how big of an impact would it have in the game? Would it be too invasive?
    Last edited by TB; 10-24-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    Fnarf.

Joe Musashi vs. Sakura Shinguji. Seeing them clashing swords will make me cry with tears of joy. Akira against Ban is a classic. Ulala and Raphel, hoooo don't get me start with them and their funky moves. They can GET IT!
    The Website of the Dead: The #1 Unofficial Fansite ~ www.thewebsiteofthedead.com
    The Great War of Cherry Blossoms: The "Sakura Wars" English Playthough Thread ~ http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...through-Thread

Senior Member Starlight Rage Zone's Avatar

I don't see how SEGA can incorporate NiGHTs, Ryo (in a sense), Space Harrier (why include him and not Opa Opa? They do pretty much only shoot stuff) and Cream the Rabbit in a fighting game. To me it's shoehorning everyone even if they don't work

Heck, even Amigo, AiAi and Beat are pushing it a little!

I also felt like the roster focused TOO much on Sonic characters.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img822/7198/45zm.png
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cunning Condor View Post
    What is Courage of another steel mind of sucker?
    Quote Originally Posted by kells0n View Post
    Sturmführer Starlichen von Ragzonen, 2. SS-Panzer Division Das Reich
    The lovely Paladin (or Claymore) of the SEGA Forums

Too many characters and where is Opa-Opa?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast