Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Unwavering Hope for VC3 PSN PSP/Vita North American Release

As the days and moments continue to pass by mercilessly, incessantly, and worst of all - without any progress whatsoever, it can become so very disheartening.

Regarding comments made about the potential future of VC. If the rumors are to be considered true, it seems as if Sega is already experimenting/developing on/for (who knows for how long now?) PS4 hardware for future continuations of Yakuza, for example. What this suggests is that Sega Japan's main development teams seem to already be shifting their focuses onto PS4/next-gen development, meaning that Sega most likely is no longer and will not in the forseeable future spend any appreciable resources in making any more substantial/meaningful titles for PS3.

As for the WiiU, it is not to say that Sega won't make games for WiiU, but it is doubtful that they would make any VC titles in particular for WiiU. Like many of us have already pointed out - VC2's jumping from PS3 to PSP did nothing to improve the IP's reputation but at least it was still within the Sony brand portfolio and as such, it was and did become likely that Sony fans were likely to buy and own both PS3 and PSP to play VC2.

As such, to move new VC titles to WiiU unfortunately does not make any business sense for Sega to do so. This conjecture has nothing to do with the evaluation of value, worth, and/or capabilities of the new WiiU (it is still too early for that - when PS4, WiiU, and X720 finally all are available, it will be as it has always been. Whichever console actually has the most new and engaging games/content and gameplaying paradigms will be the most capable). Rather, from a business perspective, though not impossible that there are quite a few WiiU players who owned/played some VC in the past, it is highly likely that a large percentage of WiiU owners and players do not have experience with VC in the past. This can only be statistically true when we compare this idea to say, if Sega keeps any future VC titles on a Sony platform (be it PS4, Vita) because just by logic, previous owners of PS3s and PSPs who played previous VC titles are statistically likely to invest in and buy Vita and/or PS4 in the future out of Sony brand recognition and loyalty.

So. It is highly unlikely that Sega would willingly choose to move VC to WiiU, or even 3DS really, because doing so would be not so different from having for them to try and launch a brand new IP on a brand new console. And if that's the case, then it would be more prudent of them to actually create and design a brand new IP for the brand new Nintendo consoles, if that was what Sega was trying to get at.

Now for the Vita. Yes, Vita is off to a rocky start, nearly in all retail territories, in fact. But. Just like the PSP, it seems as if Sega is willingly inclined to develope for and support the Vita. And on a larger scale, once again precisely because the PSP was so and continues to be so very popular in Japan in particular, I would like to suggest that over time, the Vita will most likely become adequately profitable and successful for Sony in Japan ONLY, once again. Sega already seems to think so. They have already slapped their flagship Japan only Project Diva titles onto Vita and as mentioned elsewhere are fully supporting their brand new cash crop Phantasy Star Online 2 experience on Vita as well. And believe it or not, these 2 IPs by themselves are considered highly anticipated, potential system sellers in Japan.

Considering just how stingy Sega is with their money (and we know this as fact), just take the time to carefully consider why Sega would put so many resources into supporting Vita. Because they also believe in the eventual success of the Vita. Remember - yes, the Vita is also experiencing somewhat lowish sales in Japan. But by releasing such Sega flagship titles on Vita, Sega is banking on the fact that more and more people in Japan, at least, will buy Vita, and not only Vita, but also Sega's Vita games. So. If the next true VC sequel does not appear on Vita, then I'm not saying that we'll never see more VC ever again, but considering what else I've noted above, then PS4 is the only other real option. And if VC jumps the Vita entirely and it goes several years without us seeing any new VC content anywhere, then we might have to truly conisder the IP abandoned.

As for the Xbox 720. It is far too early to speculate about it since it hasn't even been revealed yet. But considering that all this current generation of games only served to do was further the divide in eastern and western gaming preferences and heighten eastern vs western game partisanship (ie. big demand/preference for western FPS/TPS style games in the west, slander against the traditionally whimsical nature of Japanese games when they are reviewed in the West, little support for Xbox 360 in Japan, etc.), it is not likely that Sega, an historically fiercely traditional Japanese company, would suddenly move VC (of all IPs) onto a Microsoft platform. That the original VC was actually originally supposed to be a 360 exclusive but then wilingly chosen by Sega to become a Sony exclusive that went on to produce three critically acclaimed Sony titles serves to validate this view, somewhat.

Continuting along, we'll revisit the XSEED Proposal. Everyone here is right. XSEED is a completely competent third party publisher who is resolutely expert in making the western localisation and release of hardcore/niche Japanese imports successes. Nevermind that they are hundreds of times smaller with hundreds of times fewer resources than Sega - with the western localisation of VC3 we are waiting on Sega, *AND NOT* XSEED. And if this is the case - that XSEED is at this very moment (and has been for some time now) ready and willing to localise and release VC3 to the West, that to do so XSEED would be purchasing the localisation rights *from* Sega so that the costs of actually localising and releasing VC3 to the West would actually be minimised and shared (if not shouldered primarily by the buying party in XSEED), and that such a release would be profitable in shrewdly taking the current vaccuum in western Vita quality content ransom, then *WHY* does Sega choose not to act?

I can appreciate the pessimistic quality of this notion, but logic and fact are unshakable. If the financial burden of bringing VC3 west has been outright mitigated by a third party supporter in XSEED, and if such a western release of VC3 can indeed be made strategically profitable, and that there continues to be a wholly palpable western fanbase demand for VC3, why does Sega not finally agree to collaborate with XSEED in good faith? The only reason why must be that there continue to be extraneous company politics impeding VC3's western release and indeed VC's continued future in the West.

VC as an IP has a meaningfully large, dedicated, and passionate fanbase in the West/any territory outside of the Japan-Asia region. By this fact I stand resolute. But - our fanbase is weak. It can be snuffed out far too easily. What do I mean by this? I mean that Sega is already doing it - snuffing us international VC fans out, quietly. If they consider VC and VC2 to be such failures in the West with *so few* copies sold (at least by Sega's standards) despite the IP doing so much to heighten Sega's reputation with its internationally critically acclaimed positive review and reception by reviewers and fans alike, then they may just take this self-engineered opportunity to 'strategically retreat' as it were. Self-engineered because Sega is in fact using the PSP's failure in the West as an excuse to 'retreat'/remove the burden of having to maintain VC as a retail product in the West.

Does this sound harsh? I apologise, but it is, and it is also to some degree true. Other wise, why else would Sega continue to do nothing when such a collaboration with XSEED to bring a long demanded hardcore fan title like VC3 westward finally is *SO VERY* en vogue, chic, and surprisingly profitable at the moment?

This is why we must push harder than ever before to do our best to have the XSEED Proposal succeed. No, the entire future of Valkyria Chronicles *may not* hinge only on this situation alone - but think about it carefully and I think we'll all realise though, that being successful in finally officially localising and releasing VC3 to the West would and will contribute substantially to strengthening that future.

It is fast becoming frustrating waiting to see what the rest of Sega's 2013 release lineup will be like (remember - Yakuza 5 shares a similar situation with VC3. It will be interesting to see whether or not Sega willingly chooses to localise Yakuza 5, and thus whether or not Sega is willing to invest in its niche Japanese developed content from now on period. If Yakuza 5 does come westward, its localisation is something we can rally on in continuting to fight for XSEED's localisation of VC3...).

Please do not forget about Valkyria Chronicles 3!
    Last edited by CHIYOUMEN; 03-09-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    ~ The dreams you held so precious are now ours to fulfill. May your faith in Gallia stand firm forevermore. ~
    Support the localisation of Valkyria Chronicles 3 and continue to let your voices be heard by Sega. Together we CAN and WILL bring VC3 to the West, no matter the hardship.

Personally I think the two biggest threats to VC's continued existence in the west is simply:

A. Too high expectations for sales

B. Poor/No marketing or publicity

Those two things are the major parts that can kill any good IP, like a rather major example from a decade ago, Oni, which got shafted hard by Rockstar in favor of GTA3. In essence, VC got shafted by Sega in favor of Sonic in very much the same way Oni did back in 2001. I'm sure there are plenty of potential VC fans who have never played VC simply because they never heard of it. I too, never heard of VC until after VC3's release, courtesy of a Kotaku article talking about the Gallian Liberation Front group.

At this point though, I'll talk pretty much anything and everything VC related I can find that could get released outside of Japan. Let's just hope Sega still sees some viability outside of Japan for VC, they atleast let the artbook get localized... That counts for something, right?.. Right? Oh who am I kidding...

Also I heard that VC actually had more sales so far than Dead Space 3 has (RIP Dead Space btw) gotten. Just a little tidbit I figured I'd shoehorn in to this small post.

Actually, you know what, I've learned plenty of languages for work reasons (English, German, Spanish, Mandarin), and I'll probably have to learn Japanese anyway one of these days, might as well learn it before then, and VC3's present lack of localization is good enough motivation for me. Just please, if I do so, don't accuse me of not helping the problem! Besides, if I do decide to learn it, it'd be primarily because I'm interested in my continued success at my job.
    Last edited by CertifiedFP; 03-05-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Anyway.

Since Chiyoumen and everyone else here didn't make a Valkyria Chronicles Megathread on Facepunch or Neogaf when I said it'd be a good idea, I've decided to take such matters into my own hands. Many there (FP) will accuse me of fanboyism (A bullet I hoped to dodge by having one of you guys make the thread instead of me) since I've mentioned VC a time or two in the occasional "Favorite Games" thread that pops up every week there. Some will go into the thread to whine about how the JRPG genre should stay in Japan and leave the RPG market in the west to western developers (Whilst going back to worship the various dull western "RPGs" that cloned very specific elements from JRPGs), they'll use FF13 as the baseline for what a JRPG is and write off VC as something like that (As they proceed to do their XCIXth run of FF7), or they'll look at its artstyle and cry about how it looks like some kiddie game and how realism is better (Ironically turning around to complain for hours about how brown and visually dull every modern game is). Those things may discourage many from making a thread on there. But I shall do it, and I shall endure, for not all on there will hate it for what it is and will like it. Besides, I'm already the most hated man on there, not like making a thread for a JRPG will hurt my reputation any more, hell, it might increase my reputation to some there.

The best weapon/tool/ect Valkyria Chronicles fanbase can have right now is not simply our continued campaigning. Whether we like it or not, we are weak, and we are certainly not growing. If what we have so far has not gotten VC3 localized yet, it won't anytime soon. Our greatest tool we can put in our disposal is awareness. It won't just come to us, we need to be proactive in obtaining it (Albiet not to the point of being known as rabid dogs). By having a thread on Facepunch (Think of it, in the best analogy I can make, as an embassy of sorts) we can increase awareness of us, of the brand, and of our struggle to see VC3 localized. We won't be spamming or invading other discussions, we're are simply injecting a new discussion into the pool, and thus it won't make us seem like, ahem, rabid dogs (See: Sonic fanbase).

If we don't do things like this that allow our fanbase to grow in numbers by increasing awareness of our existence, then we will, as Chiyoumen has said be "Snuffed out" by content starvation and simple bleedoff of fans as some lose interest. Valkyria Chronicles was not marketed very well/at all, and word of mouth has gone stale since 2008, and this is my way of refreshing such word of mouth in a way that won't seem shoehorned, a footnote, or the likes. It'll gather fans of the series on there to continue discussion (Instead of the passing mention every other month when something reminds them of it), and it will bring new blood into our numbers. This is the best thing I can do now instead of posting in our little gated community here and twiddling my thumbs for an unofficial patch. You'll thank me later.

So, HERE IT IS: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1251893

Please register on there and keep activity on the thread going so it doesn't fall to the bottom and rot. You'll help increase awareness for us, and maybe make a few new friends while you're there.
    Last edited by CertifiedFP; 03-06-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Ok, triple post it is, but whatever...

I have officially concluded Sega is trolling us by not localizing Valkyria Chronicles 3 and Yakuza 5.

Those two are apparently "too niche" for a western release, but apparently the latest Hatsune Miku game is mainstream enough to deserve western release? What? What?! WHAT!?!

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

That is heartening news. After all, yes, increasing awareness for Valkyria Chronicles' cause is and always will be a fruitful and welcome endeavour for all of VC's grateful western fandom.

In fact, I would like to offer my amends for not having the ability/capacity to actively pursue such new endeavours myself, although I truly and sincerely believe in and support such efforts.

Additionally, no western/international VC fan should ever feel 'accused' of not helping. There are, after all, no promises and no guarantees that our ongoing campaign for VC3's official and long awaited western localisation and release can offer its proponents. And to that end, no ill will is directed to the many of us, really, who have already submitted themselves to the Japanese VC3 import and may or may not be waiting upon the prolonged completion of the unofficial fan translation mod patch as the only means of satisfying our *personal desire* to experience all the facets that most international reviewers suggest make VC3 the *best* VC yet.

And so, while no accusations are being made and no fingers are being pointed considering the very real fact that VC3 may never make it to the West in the end, we did talk about a so-called fanbase 'bleedoff'. It is a 'bleedoff' because over a long enough period of time, more and more western VC fans may eventually and *realistically* need to shift their energies and attention more and more away from our VC3 campaign to other chapters in their lives and may have just resigned themselves to indulging in the VC3 import in the process.

This is fine. Videogames and gaming are an enthusiast hobby. We can indeed be passionate about it and may even find careers and lifestyles that revolve around such a passion. But just like anything else in life, that passion, that lifestyle, that paradigm cannot be forced unto others against their will. Fans can come and go - and no one will ever question that.

But. Sega is a wily company. This *is* a waiting game. When I spoke of Sega quietly 'snuffing out' the western/international VC fanbase and VC as a retail product in general in the West, I was truthfully referring to the aforementioned fanbase 'bleedoff'. Sega has time to spare. In fact, it is seemingly all part of their overall plan to slowly and silently kill off/remove VC as a retail IP from the West. To that end, it may not matter how many years it takes for them to wait until the vast majority of the international VC fanbase has bled off, leaving only those most dedicated of us to have to depend on hopefully being able to import any potential future Japan only VC releases like beggars and conspirators (remember, importing never guarantees anything. Will the PS4 be region free? Will stricter locks on online services allow for 'fake' Japanese accounts? Will our enthusiasm for buying separate Japanese spec/region consoles remain unwavering years later and with more expensive machines? Etc.).

That being said, it doesn't cost any of us so very much to stay the course and continue contributing to our ongoing campaign to have VC3 officially localised and released in the West.

Yep. Our little forum here at Sega.com is fairly isolated. But remember - VC2 came out in 2010 in the West and VC3 came out in 2011 in Japan only. It's March 2013 now though, and there is *still* daily, active conversation about wanting VC3 to be finally officially released in the West on this official Sega forum here. This fact in and of itself may not ultimately contribute to achieving anything but at the very least it is still *real, concrete, and unchangeable* evidence that a Sega representative can check on at anytime at this moment that prooves - at least in the written word and thought - our points and ideas.

To that end - everyone, please, DO NOT feel as if your ongoing contributions to this forum are for naught. After all, just think about the alternative. If there were little to no more activity here, even I would expect Sega to shut down a forum for a game whose latest and most recent western/international content was from 3+ years ago. And if VC's own official western Sega.com forum gets shut down, I wouldn't expect that to do so much for any of our dreams for official western VC3 or more VC in general.

That being said, I will continue to intimate that we all need to continue fighting very hard to have the XSEED Proposal happen. SO very much is actually riding on this chance, right now - if only we could all see this. The fact that there is a well known third party localiser in XSEED actively seeking VC3's official western localisation makes it all *so close* to happening, if only we could continue letting both XSEED and Sega know that the international/western VC fanbase as a whole support such a collaborative release so very much.

No - XSEED localising one VC title in VC3 won't guarantee the future of VC. But it sure does open a lot of doors and possibilities. There may be true future VC sequels that may only have been intended for Japanese releases only by Sega. But since XSEED was able to lead with example with VC3 initially, who is to say that Atlus, NISA, XSEED again, etc. won't also see such future VC localisation projects attractive as well, considering all these companies are competing for the same audience (VC JRPG/JPN game fans, etc.). This kind of relationship in the future ends up being advantageous to all involved: Sega gets profits from games and a market they didn't expect to localise for themselves, XSEED/Atlus/NISA/etc. gets profits and fan praise/loyalty for bringing the fans more of their much cherished VC, and fans get to continue to cherish VC.

As a final thought, I just wanted to remind everyone again about why there was this re-surge in enthusiasm and passion to have VC3 officially localised to the West. As one console generation is fast coming to a close and another is only just about to dawn, we looked back on which experiences stood out most from this passing generation. And the Valkyria Chronicles series was easily one such experience. In recent memory, we've entertained a lot of talk about games and paradigms like ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Journey, Mass Effect, Metal Gear, Xenoblade, Last Story, Ni no Kuni, and many, many, many, more. Games that have been graphically artistic (and not just photorealistic and high in horsepower in graphical processing), wildly creative, emotionally engaging, and innovative and heartfelt enough to evolve as decades old a genre as the JRPG.

Valkyria Chronicles and its sequels does all of these things. You're all welcome to entertain some of my much earlier posts in this thread to revisit some far more involved posts describing these things, but the VC series is easily one of the greatest creative works of this current generation. Who remembers just how much truth was being spoken when Welkin - a mere videogame character, mind you - reminded us that prejudice and racism is always *learned behaviour*, that if none of us willingly taught/passed on such intolerant ideas to our youth and future generations that these ideas would never get the chance to be perpetuated. None of us are ever born out of the womb with innate prejudices, after all.

Or how about the time when battling Batomys in the Barious Desert we suddenly all realised just how prolific VC was? That VC was more than just the real time strategy JRPG that it led on to be and turned out that it could be as creative and wildly innovative as any third party action adventure game? When out of sheer desperation in fighting the Batomys, we ran Alicia in what was surely a kamikaze straight run into the Batomys fearsome machine gun fire only to realise we could actually *climb* the behemoth, equip our grenades and actually *precisely aim the grenade to fall into the Batomys' engine radiator openings* to destroy the giant in a daring commando rush?

And what about VC2? Despite its shortcomings, it was still awesome. I actually found the very linear and straightforward leveling system in the first VC somewhat staid. The multitude of different character classes found in VC2 (AND VC3...) are awesome. Who ever knew that despite there being a hail of bullets and artificial valkyrur beams on a battlefield that a woman/man running around with nothing but a shield and an oversized wrench (ie. fencer class) could actually end up being one of your star units?

As such, Valkyria Chronicles as an IP is just far too great and innovative of a creative work this generation to treat like this. The West may very well never get any more official future VC titles. But we're so close to just having Sega agree to let XSEED localise VC3 to the West. And in my estimation, if the future of VC is just so tenuous I'd be much more than happy just to at least have gotten VC3 at the very least be officially localised and released in the West to cap off and celebrate the series - as it stands at the moment. Remember - a localisation of VC3 by XSEED now opens up possibilites for future localisations of future Japan only VC titles by other third parties like XSEED, Atlus, NISA, etc. as well.

So. Please do not forget about Valkyria Chronicles 3.
    Last edited by CHIYOUMEN; 03-07-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    ~ The dreams you held so precious are now ours to fulfill. May your faith in Gallia stand firm forevermore. ~
    Support the localisation of Valkyria Chronicles 3 and continue to let your voices be heard by Sega. Together we CAN and WILL bring VC3 to the West, no matter the hardship.

Chi, don't forget the part where Sega is localizing a Hatsune Miku game despite claims that Yakuza 5 and Valkyria Chronicles 3 are "too niche" for western release.

Also, I never used Armored Techs, something just felt wrong about them to me.

Hrmmm... Yes, it appears that Sega issued a poll of sorts on their facebook/twitter accounts asking about interest in bringing over their latest Project Diva/Hatsune Miku title to the West.

To be honest, that is both heartening AND disheartening at the same time.

Heartening because it shows somewhat that Sega is still willing to take some creative chances with their so called niche Japanese developed software in potentially bringing Miku to the West (and like some have already posted, why wouldn't Sega localise Miku if they already went through all the trouble to officially tease such a thing with such a poll?).

And, disheartening because yes, they'd choose Miku over VC3, over Yakuza 5. After all, no matter how much of a*potentially popular (maybe?)* thing Miku does manage to become in the West, just how much of a return does Sega expect to get back on this project? I guarantee you now that the western sales of such a release *are not* going to be overwhelming.

Certainly not as lucrative as a deal to partner up with XSEED to share the costs of localising VC3 and selling VC3 to a western hardcore, JRPG/JPN game fanbase that has already many times gone on record to guarantee they would buy and support such a release.

Now listen. This is not meant to be a knock against Hatsune Miku. As a fellow gaming enthusiast, I can respect that there are also passionate and dedicated Miku game fans who are now looking upon this development with unprecedented optimism - and for that, I salute them. After all, it is ultimately encouraging to see Sega even entertain this idea of still bringing their signature Japanese content to the West.

To that end, if Miku does get green lit for the West, it opens up opportunities for us as well. And not just us. If Miku does come to the West, western VC AND Yakuza fans will get opportunities to question Sega as to why VC3 and Yakuza 5 haven't been selected for localisation yet, given just how much fan support those series get in the West as well.

These are hectic yet exciting times, my friends. E3 is coming up and publishers will need to be revealing their 2013 lineups fairly soon. If Miku can make it, why can't we fight for XSEED's proposal for VC3? If Sega is in this relatively good and creative of a mood, maybe, just maybe, we can get them to slip out a VC3 as well. But remember - these circumstances won't last forever. We can't miss our chance now.

Keep talking up VC3 on forums, on Sega's twitter, facebook, etc. Whatever you do though, please do not forget about Valkyria Chronicles 3!
    Last edited by CHIYOUMEN; 03-07-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Yep. Looks like the recent Hatsune Miku fervor is driving everyone to multi-post.

Just a quick idea this time though. In my estimation, I would like to say that Sega will most likely localise their latest Project Diva game to the West - otherwise, how could they be so bold in creating an official banner for it and asking subscribers to 'like' it to show off their support?

I'm not a fan per se, but I do applaud whoever over at Sega at this time and moment had the guts to pull the trigger on such a ambiguous decision as to bring the Hatsune Miku brand to the West. Well done, from a creative stand point.

But. Now is our time to shine. If and when, really, Project Diva for the West is finalized and reality, we need to be there to grill and question Sega. Western Yakuza fans need to be there too. We all need to let Sega know that VC3 and to an extent (due to it sharing similar circumstances to VC3) Yakuza 5 are highly demanded for by its western fanbases and demand to know, really, where these titles are when Project Diva is already here.

Especially VC3, in fact, precisely because we can continue to negotiate with Sega the fact that a third party publisher in XSEED is out right willing to share the costs of releasing VC3 to the West.

Let's go. We can do it. Please do not forget about Valkyria Chronicles 3!

Indeed, I will be using this as an opportunity to rally the troops with renewed vigor to get VC3 in the west.

Anyone reading, alert any other VC fan you know, get them on board. Now is our time. If Hatsune Miku is worthy of western localization, it makes Sega look like hypocrites to not localize Valkyria Chronicles 3 and Yakuza 5 which are much more mainstream compared to Hatsune Miku.

Yes! We need to work harder now more than ever before. Even folks over at the Gallian Liberation Front facebook page are up in arms - they argue that Sega is *somewhat indirectly* asking its followers what they want when they ask for 'likes' for the possibility of Miku in the West. If that's the case, make sure you take the chance and opportunity to reach out on Sega sites on forums, facebook, etc. to let them know that while Hatsune Miku is fine, we would definately also want VC3 and have been wanting it since 2011.

Companies are accountable for their decisions. Sega is no different. If they are willing to bring something as niche as Miku to the West then they *MUST* explain themselves as to why VC3 or Yakuza 5 would not cut it for localisation. In fact - this may in fact be a very new and lucrative competitive business angle for Sega. We know there is still an abundance of JPN games/JRPG fans/so-called 'Japanophiles' gaming enthusiasts that make up the majority of the gaming audience. Things like Ni No Kuni, Tales of Xillia, Project X Zone, Metal Gear, Bayonetta, Okami, Last Story, Xenoblade, among many others still release to widespread popularity among the original, traditional core gamer crowd.

This same crowd is traditionally interested in things like VC3, Yakuza 5, and Project Diva. So. Sega's angle for their western 2013 lineup could be highlighted by *a lot* of their highly demanded top tier Japanese first party developed content like VC3 in partnership with XSEED, Miku, and Yak 5. This would indeed sound like a very strategic business move to make up for recent poorly received western-slanted titles like Aliens and Anarchy Reigns (especially Anarchy - did anyone find any of that game, whether it was the plot, setting, or characters, appealing, on either side of the Pacific?).

Let's do this. Too many circumstances favourable for finally causing the official localisation of VC3 to the West are converging at this very moment for us to unattentively let go of this chance. UDON's officially localised VC3 artbook should have just released or is about to be released. Project X Zone, which may or may not be the very first game localised to the West to have any inclusion of actual VC3 characters and plot elements is coming to the West this summer. Sega seems to be flexible and open minded enough at this very moment to entertain the localisation of something as ambiguous as Hatsune Miku to the West. And, a third party publisher in XSEED is out right willing to share and shoulder the costs of localising VC3 *for* Sega.

We have to get out there and contribute any way we can. And in this moment of fervor, please excuse me and allow me to entertain this gesture - I've always wanted to do this:

Nestled within the safety of the Edelweiss's commander's port and poised in a determined looking arm-pump stance, Chiyou's hand and fingers at the end of said arm-pump gathered into a firm and vigorously shaking fist before that same fist was thrust forward through the air, fingers spreading wide and pointing ahead purposefully to rally the troops forward while exclaiming at the very height of Chiyou's lungs: "Squad 7, move out!"

Remember folks, it doesn't cost us so very much to stay the course and remain optimistic and determined in our cause to finally get VC3 officially released in the West. As such, let's just see what we can achieve in the coming months. Given all the favourable circumstances at play at the moment, who can say? Whatever the case though, please - do not forget about Valkyria Chronicles 3.
    Last edited by CHIYOUMEN; 03-08-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast