Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Not as good as the first game

Default Not as good as the first game

This game isn't as good as the first imo.

The game mode select screens aren't as obvious to navigate.

The "World Tour" is just a load of single tracks one after another (Grand Prix is fine for getting everything unlocked, the World Tour is just a glorified quick race section).

The statistics aren't as easy to understand with a glance, you now have to really look at it.

And most important; the crazyness and high speed of it seems to have slipped away. The game doesn't seem to like me drift ing on a straight to get a drift boost... this is a shame.

The powerups are not memorable; they're all fricking random as hell. Bees? I mean really?

Yeah, that's about it really.
    Quote Originally Posted by supersonic56 View Post
    Because they are a cult that is obsessed with game graphics, calling anything that isn't higher than 480p 'casual'. They also hate Nintendo, deliberately posting fake info about them to trick people. And they praise a 'dark lord' takashi iizuka who i'm 100% sure is satan.

this game is better than the first more balanced and online play too is better the stages are awesome only thing is the roster
    http://ryohd.tumblr.com
    also check out my Miiverse ART @: Ryo_Hazuki-san

more balanced? i rated Ulala as the worst in the last game and yet I know someone that won a tournament with her. I also mained Amigo which other people didn't rate and creamed a lot of Sonic players.

Can anyone explain the whole "stunt failed" thing at the start of the race? There's no tutorial and the manual is a hunk of horse crap so I dunno what to do.
    Because they are a cult that is obsessed with game graphics, calling anything that isn't higher than 480p 'casual'. They also hate Nintendo, deliberately posting fake info about them to trick people. And they praise a 'dark lord' takashi iizuka who i'm 100% sure is satan.

Quote Originally Posted by axe_ninja View Post
    more balanced? i rated Ulala as the worst in the last game and yet I know someone that won a tournament with her. I also mained Amigo which other people didn't rate and creamed a lot of Sonic players.

Can anyone explain the whole "stunt failed" thing at the start of the race? There's no tutorial and the manual is a hunk of horse crap so I dunno what to do.
    Um considering they added mods to make any character you desire to play however you want , I'd say that's a huge balance. It's no longer that "Pick the best" in the game crap. You pick who you like / comfortable with .

"Stunt Failed" as in a trick or as in the countdown boost? If you failed a stunt you obviously hit something or you did too many tricks and hit something.

If it's for the countdown boost , you hit the acceleration on every black screen after the numbers flash.

The game mode select screens aren't as obvious to navigate.
    I've never really had any trouble with them.

The "World Tour" is just a load of single tracks one after another (Grand Prix is fine for getting everything unlocked, the World Tour is just a glorified quick race section).
    ...? If by everything, you mean all the tracks. All but one or two characters are gotten through world tour, and the way you're talking about it is as if it's exclusively races, which isn't the case.

The statistics aren't as easy to understand with a glance, you now have to really look at it.
    I thought they were pretty obvious at a glance.

And most important; the crazyness and high speed of it seems to have slipped away. The game doesn't seem to like me drift ing on a straight to get a drift boost... this is a shame.
    So you want any sort of competition in this game to be dominated by snaking?

The powerups are not memorable; they're all fricking random as hell. Bees? I mean really?
    Matter of opinion. While it may be true that they're not really from existing Sega franchises, I find them unique and fun to play around with.

Can anyone explain the whole "stunt failed" thing at the start of the race?

You tried a stunt, and it failed. You do a stunt by flicking the right stick in mid air. I've never encountered this at the start of a race, so I'm not sure what context this is in.

There is only one thing the last game did which is better than this and thats the roster choices. Everything else is far superior in Transformed, the tracks are excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam Tanaka
    Monokuma. I will listen to your jests later, as I smoke a cigar standing over your corpse.
    EUGamingActivist
    Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Yakuza 4, Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward.

i didn't try a stunt, im trying to boost off the line and that obnoxious commentator is telling me i failed a stunt and i slow down etc. Also happens on a certain part of Canyon Carnage

Super Moderator - Four Tails of Fury QuadTails's Avatar

I have to respectfully disagree. The game offers a lot more to do, is more challenging (A good thing if the original ASR was too easy for you), and the power-ups, although not really memorable (neither was the previous game), are still very much improved from its predecessor. About the only power-up I miss is the one that turned you upside down for a moment, but they changed it up with 'Twister'.

The announcer can also be disabled in the Options menu if needed. I find him a lot less annoying than the previous one. Less repetitive cheesy lines for one thing, heheh.

As far as drifting goes, I'm VERY happy they changed it up a bit. It was way to easy to just boost, boost, and boost some more in the previous ASR game.

And the way I see it (Albeit, a silly reason mind you), GP just offers a longer playing session to unlock stuff versus using World Tour to unlock items. It's mainly a matter of taste in the beginning until you want to unlock more things.

Keep in mind I've only owned the game for a few weeks so my opinion is subject to change but so far, I'm impressed and I love the new ASR.
    Tired of the same old forum emoticons? Are you a Tails fan?
    Then get the Tails emoticon Sega forum script today! (URL has been fixed!)

~A script by XFoxPrower and QuadTails~

Banned

I love this game, but there are some things that this one does better, and some things that the original does better.

Things that Transformed does better: Gameplay is more balanced, the announcer isn't as annoying, better boost physics, the transforming vehicles really makes it stand out from other racing games, something always changes in each track so that it doesn't feel the same every lap, Tails and Ulala play MUCH better than they did in the first (in the first one, they control as if they were covered in butter), you can still move if you're flat, and Beat doesn't yell "Go-go-GOOOOOOO!" anymore.

Things that the original did better: You can choose different songs for each track, All-Star moves had more variety, character roster was better, and the mission mode was better.

So, like I said, I absolutely LOVE Transformed, but in some ways, this one is better, and in some ways, the first is better. Both games are great IMO.

I don't think one is better then the other, but if it wasn't for the SEGA you couldn't tell it's a sequel, everything changed.
    On my own I find the map too dark, the first one was more vibrant and that there's way too many weapon pickups and straight lines and well, not too fan of how forced the TRANSFORMED was pushed everywhere, cars in an after burner stage, boat in an outrun stage.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast