Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • GOTTA GO FAST

271 90.94%
  • WHAT IS THIS

43 14.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 70 of 394 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast

Thread: S0L's Challenge: The Campaign for SEGA characters to become DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoConkers View Post
    We pretty much know that a lot of these characters are viable. Billy Hatcher, Zobio & Zobiko, Ristar, Segata, The Bonanza Brothers, Jacky all appear in the game in some form.
    We really don't, it's ultimately Sega's decision. From a commercial standpoint, what you think are viable characters may not be viable characters for Sega. I don't really want to make it seem like I'm promoting Hatsune Miku here, but including her would make sense because she can help the game reach out to a new audience. And as much as I'd like to see Segata Sanshiro in the game, he won't actually drive game sales (but may have strong DLC sales). There are a lot of factors here, and that's why I find it questionable for SOL to ask for 3 characters only.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLink View Post
    Aww my brother and I probably have the same IP :c I'm pretty sure we count as individual votes though.
    I understand the precaution though, it'd still be a shame for people who live in the same house as others who had voted.
    Don't worry.
    My plan is to find the ones who have tried to skew the results by voting *multiple* times (more than say 5x). Not the occasional doubles. I'm looking for brand new accounts too.

Edit: If I now get a suspicious amount of double or more votes, I'll have to check that more closely.... Urgh. Telling cheats what the parameters are is the worst thing you can do I guess.

Last edited by SumoRex; 11-20-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    Pro Vertex Transfomer, Nurb Wrangler and Pixel Pusher.

"Arbiter of the norm"

I wish they did a DLC pack with two characters each covering up bits of the eras of Sega. The lack of Sakura and Segata (even though he has a awesome cameo.) bothers me. As if Sega West and Japan has their very own separate All-Stars.
    The Website of the Dead: The #1 Unofficial Fansite ~ www.thewebsiteofthedead.com
    The Great War of Cherry Blossoms: The "Sakura Wars" English Playthough Thread ~ http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...through-Thread

My three characters:

- Kazuma Kiryu
    - Segata Sanshiro
    - Bayonetta

SUMO Digital

Just so we're clear...

You are learning the hard way. You all seem to believe that defining the character roster involves me and Rex pulling names out of a hat, throwing darts at a wall of post-its, or just going on some 'eeny meany miny mo' method based on a post on this thread.

It isn't as simple as that. First you create a shortlist. Then you check the licensing. Then you attempt a series of concepts, then you focus test, then you discuss it with marketing, then with territories, then you try some models. At every stage the list gets smaller and smaller.

But the very first step is the shortlist. You're doing that now. You've defined some rules and you're mostly sticking to them.

It's actually really rather refreshing to see!

But I do have to remind you of the reality. Some characters may not be realistic as they may incur significant licensing costs. Some may not be doable as they require the licensing of a real world actor, you can't use someone's face without permission. I don't know right now if either of these is an issue or not - I'm not going to look into it till I see the results on the 1st.

You are free to vote for any of the shortlisted people. You should respect each others opinions. Just as you don't like character y, is not a valid reason to tell someone else not to vote for character y.

We *will* be vetting the data at the end. If we believe there are duplicate votes, we'll delete the duplicates. This will only work if the people that need convincing believe in what's been presented. If you've cheated, all you have done is increase the risk your character will lose votes and not be included in whatever discussions occur. Don't blame us for wanting accurate data.

I do want to see 3 clear winners. If you all spread vote - what's the point. You can't vote for two political parties for a reason. Likewise, we're giving you an opportunity here, don't squander it, use it, behave maturely.

If a character can't be done for licensing, legal or other reasons, we will have runners up as alternatives. But I want 3 to present and this is done intentionally to teach you that anyone can create a list of 100 characters to include, but when it comes to actually having a hard limit - then the task is inmeasurably harder. Perhaps it will make you appreciate how difficult it is. That's why I did it :P

I will say a thank you in here for the crew who are organising this. I know how difficult it is, how little thanks they'll get for running and policing it - mostly as I went through all manner of emotions in the 'Experiment'. Bear this in mind when you want to back seat drive.

And... Back to hands off

---
    S0L
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by SumoRex View Post
    Don't worry.
    My plan is to find the ones who have tried to skew the results by voting *multiple* times (more than say 5x). Not the occasional doubles. I'm looking for brand new accounts too.

Edit: If I now get a suspicious amount of double or more votes, I'll have to check that more closely.... Urgh. Telling cheats what the parameters are is the worst thing you can do I guess.

Ok thank you! But yeah it's probably best to keep it mostly to yourself so the cheaters won't know what to avoid ;c

EDIT: Thank you for the clarification S0L! And more than anything thank you for your patience with the fandom!
    Last edited by SuperLink; 11-20-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks for the clarification SOL. I'll quote a few of your points that I think are important to note since those had been subject for debate here:

Quote Originally Posted by S0L View Post
    You are free to vote for any of the shortlisted people. You should respect each others opinions. Just as you don't like character y, is not a valid reason to tell someone else not to vote for character y.
    Quote Originally Posted by S0L View Post
    If a character can't be done for licensing, legal or other reasons, we will have runners up as alternatives.
    I think that should settle at least some of the discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by SumoRex View Post
    Don't worry.

About the new accounts thing
    A few of my friends who voted didnt have accounts and created one to vote, i dont want them to get suspected of cheating but im sure they will be fine.

I hadn't realised that this was for a third-party game, rather than one produced by SEGA. Yeah, cross-licensing issues with Sumo would make Miku problematic, even if it might mean a boost in sales and publicity.

Too bad, so sad. Hopefully though this campaign has had a high-enough profile that some of the Powers That Be have taken note. There is demand for Miku game content in the west, and some day that demand will be met. (Until then, fans will just keep making Miku mods for the games that can be modded )

All the best with your campaign. You've done a good job.

Like I said, while sad, I'm not shocked that Miku can't be in this time around, however, I see the request for Miku as a good thing in this little petition, it Shows Sega how much request there is for the character, and that's without a doubt a good sign that she should be seriously considered for a worldwide game.

With that said, I'm very happy for this petitions success, we are not done yet, but I believe we've all done well in our own way, we just have to create a list by the end of the month of the elected characters and hope for the best. Again, were in Sega's forums, they are well aware of what is taking course here, it even expanded for many Sonic fan sites, took discussion in 4chan and has been promoted via a couple youtube accounts, they know, or rather, will know by the end of the month that there are a whole lot more then just "3 characters" fans request, so even after we present them with the ones who did qualify, they know there are a whole lot of other characters who have well made the cut.

Page 70 of 394 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast