Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a Genwunner?

Default Are you a Genwunner?

Title pretty much says it, are you someone who think all Pokemon games after Red and Blue( or to an extent Gold and Silver, suck?

Never played any of the old games. My first game was Pokemon Sapphire so I like that one. I have Pokemon Firered, Pokemon Pearl, Pokemon Heartgold, Pokemon White and I'm getting Pokemon White 2 for Christmas.

Banned

i think the pokemon past the G/S era suck, yes. the games themselves are obviously better. wtf kinda question is this? of course a DS pokemon game is technically better than a Game Boy pokemon game

Nope, in fact I look more favorably on later generations. There isn't a single generation of Pokemon that I completely dislike (although there are some that I find mediocre).

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I'd rather have a video game console that can't play DVDs than one that can't play video games consoles. Amazingly, I've just predicted why people won't like the next Xbox.

No, but whenever I or any other person criticizes anything about "glorious" gen 5 we tend to instantly be attacked by hordes of children who probably started at gen 3 or long-time Pokemon fans that are just way too damn sensitive.

For example, if I ever dare to say that the majority of 5th gen Pokemon are garbage (Despite most of my favorites coming from there, going by aesthetics) some pompous, self-righteous bigot feels the need to bring up Dugtrio, Exeggute, Mr. Mime, or something of the like. Or they'll bring up one of those two stupid overused images that bash Gen 1. While this is happening I'm left wondering why this is even being brought up when I never even once said that I liked those particular Pokemon either.

Gen 5 fans are worse than Gen 1 and 2 purists. The adulation and intolerance of some people is just unreasonable. Remember, everything about Gen 5 is flawless.
    Last edited by Meep; 12-15-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    No, but whenever I or any other person criticizes anything about "glorious" gen 5 I tend to be instantly attacked by hordes of children who probably started at gen 3 or long-time Pokemon fans that are just way too damn sensitive.

For example, if I ever dare to say that the majority of 5th gen Pokemon are garbage (Despite most of my favorites coming from there, going by aesthetics) some pompous, self-righteous bigot feels the need to bring up Dugtrio, Exeggute, Mr. Mime, or something of the like. Or they'll bring up one of those two stupid images that bash Gen 1. While this is happening I'm left wondering why this is happening when I never even said I liked those particular Pokemon either.

Gen 5 fans are worse than Gen 1 and 2 purists. The adulation and intolerance of some people is just unreasonable. Remember, everything about Gen 5 is flawless.
    I think it depends on what they're saying. For instance, the people that say "the Pokemon are based on random objects and stuff instead of animals", well that's obviously been disproven, but there are valid reasons to hate on the Gen 5 Pokemon. For instance, that they're too similar to older Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I'd rather have a video game console that can't play DVDs than one that can't play video games consoles. Amazingly, I've just predicted why people won't like the next Xbox.

1'v3 n3v3r pl@y3d @ny Pokemon g@m35.

The Queen's personal bunny-girl

Like Bolt said, the only valid reason to hate the newer games is because of the Pokemon getting inspiration from older generations.

Like Bouffalant who pays homage to Tauros.

And (lol) Woobat.

The "this isn't a Pokemon" argument has been disproved.

I find Gen 5 worse because they made everything very powerful or come with powerful abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinumb View Post
    Like Bolt said, the only valid reason to hate the newer games is because of the Pokemon getting inspiration from older generations.
    I wouldn't say that. There's also the layout of the region, the region itself, the Pokemon and character designs, how the franchise is stagnant, the plot, the graphical style, etc. There are a lot of legitimate things for somebody not to like in their own opinion.
    Last edited by Meep; 12-15-2012 at 03:44 PM.

I, myself, am not. I do think they're fun, but definitely dated. I think Gen 2 is a great successor, and Gen 3 was fine. Gen 4 sucked, 'nuff said. I really like Gen 5. I hope to get Black 2 for Christmas, and work on that. I wouldn't consider myself a "genwunner" I'd probably consider myself a "genphaiver."
    THE STOIC OF THE SEGA FORUM

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast