Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Allstars Racing 3 ideas?

Default Sonic Allstars Racing 3 ideas?

Assuming there will be a 3rd game in the works sometime in the future, most likely for the next generation of consoles.
    What would you like to remain and what needs to be removed or even added?
    Feel free to add characters but DO NOT turn this into a character disscusion :]

Heres my list:

Keep:
    Transformation, but make EVERY track utilize this.
    Altering laps on every track.
    Nights.
    The tight controls.
    Mods.

Remove:
    Traffic attacks.
    Star requirements for unlocking.
    Mirror tracks (I just do not find these a worthwhile addition)

Add:
    Sega miles - Sega shop.
    Challenge mode like SASASR.
    Music selection before each race.
    Stunt parks (Much like "Joy ride turbos" for XBLA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dANCVR6zosY)
    Option to add AI bots in online races, also the option to disable powerups.
    Phantasy Star related content.
    More modes for online play like GP.
    Alternate colour vehicles so players could use the same character but in a different colour.
    Check out my artwork: http://alvarezazel.deviantart.com/
    R.I.P Phantasy Star Universe Xbox 360, 4 level 180 characters with over 8000+ hours invested.
    Panzer Dragoon Saga, Panzer Dragoon Orta & Burning Rangers for XBLA/PSN please Sega :]

Banned

Fighting game tbh. THey reached perfection with the racing imo. The only thing that could make the game better by now would be more content. So they really need to consider doing DLC instead of making another racing game because every part of the mechanics are set and sound.

I would definitly say the fighting genre next.

Here's my list.

Keep:
    The entire character roster and tracks, including 3rd party.

Add:
    Ristar
    Ryo
    Billy Hatcher
    Mobo
    Robo
    Zobio
    Zobiko
    Vectorman
    Neff
    Axel Stone
    Bayonetta
    Segata Sanshiro
    Big The Cat
    Silver The Hedgehog
    Nack The Weasel
    Hatsune Miku
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Vanellope Von Schweetz

More tracks.
    "But Aqua Man, you cannot marry a woman without Gills.... You're from two different worlds".

Quote Originally Posted by Agitillted View Post
    Fighting game tbh. THey reached perfection with the racing imo. The only thing that could make the game better by now would be more content. So they really need to consider doing DLC instead of making another racing game because every part of the mechanics are set and sound.

I would definitly say the fighting genre next.
    Id like it much more if they continued with the Sonic allstar racing games AND did Sonic allstar fighter as well.
    Much like when they put out SASAR and Sonic tennis at the same time.
    I feel they have only just scratched the surface with Transformed, also imagine on next gen consoles the possiblility of a track creation tool would be much higher. I think dropping the racing franchise would be a bad idea as its been accepted extremely well, generally better than a stand alone Sonic game.
    Check out my artwork: http://alvarezazel.deviantart.com/
    R.I.P Phantasy Star Universe Xbox 360, 4 level 180 characters with over 8000+ hours invested.
    Panzer Dragoon Saga, Panzer Dragoon Orta & Burning Rangers for XBLA/PSN please Sega :]

I definitely agree with bringing back the selectable music from the first game. Loved that option.

I also sort of agree with the mirrored tracks. I think that treating them as a separate track is a cheat. I was super annoyed that Time Trial forced you to beat the staff ghosts on both normal and mirror. It's the same friggin' track! The staff ghosts even had the same completion times on both. Why did we have to do them twice? Now, I do realize that some people like the mirrored tracks option, but it really should be just that: an option. Not treated as a whole additional track.

My own additions:
    - Make the announcer more like in the first game. He said funny and unique things, made jokes, flirted with Ulala, and actually sounded like he was commentating on the race going on. The second game's announcer is boring, especially by comparison.
    - Make the All-stars feel powerful again. In the first game, it was awesome using them. They felt like every character's was unique. They had those "epic" little video sequences when they started up. They were cool and funny and something I actually looked forward to getting to use. In the second game, they feel so boring and generic. And how is Sonic's not to turn into Super Sonic? I mean really, that should just be a given.
    - Don't cut character roster. Bring back everybody that was in the first game. Bring back everybody that was in the second, too (except maybe Ralph and Danica Patrick due to licensing or whatnot).
    - The shop was nice in the first game, too. It ensured that even the less skilled players could still get all the characters and stuff. A lot of people look at kart racers as party games and just want to mess around with friends. I enjoyed World Tour mode in Transformed, but I didn't like that I felt like I had to complete it and unlock everything before inviting friends over to just have some fun.

Basically, what I would really like to see is the presentation of the first game with the gameplay mechanics of the second. As well as Blaze the Cat and Sketch Turner as playable characters.

And in case I forgot: Blaze the Cat as a playable character.

only thing I'd like to see enough to make a fuss about is dynamic vehicles. bring back Eggman's monster truck. make it so B.D. Joe is driving a taxi, and not a taxi-shaped go-kart. atvs/quads, if we still can't have motorcycles. trikes, even.

also, keep the music remixed. I found a lot of the music in the first one rather boring to race to.

Banned

Keep the transforming vehicles, mods, leveling up, and World Tour, but also bring back the roster from the first (and keep the roster from the second too), the multiple song choices (I miss grinding and boosting to Sneakman and Fly Like a Butterfly), the shop mode and Sega miles, and the variety in All-Star moves.

add costumes to each character example sonic classic sonic

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyWithTheGoggles View Post
    Keep the transforming vehicles, mods, leveling up, and World Tour, but also bring back the roster from the first (and keep the roster from the second too), the multiple song choices (I miss grinding and boosting to Sneakman and Fly Like a Butterfly), the shop mode and Sega miles, and the variety in All-Star moves.
    hey dont forget super sonic racing !

Personally:

Keep:
    * Track roster variety.
    * Awesome music remixes.
    * Gameplay.
    * World Tour.
    * Difficulty.

Add/Improve:
    * Better character roster.
    * Better Arena modes.
    * A fair online system.
    * More than one character per car (before race, not during race).

Remove:
    * Third party characters.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast