Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Sonic Allstars Racing 3 ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    The heavy characters are already at a disadvantage compared to anyone else in the first game. They are bar far the worst racers in the game. Transformed fixed this issue.

The issue with the first game was that there was no item targeting the leader, only the racer in second place could effectively engage the leader. The thing is that the second place racer is just as likely to attack racers behind him, to ensure his position, than to attack the leader. This leads to the leading racer getting less heat than everyone else behind him, which makes it easier for the racer to keep the leading position. Transformed amended this issue by including the Hornet/Sky Tiger, which put pressure on the leader. The level itself usually harmed the leader with obstacles that only the racer in lead would encounter.

There are several other racers that have the same, or higher speed than Shadow, so that was fixed. The trick speed was made the same, which made it more balanced. The items were improved thanks to the inclusion of Hornet/Sky Tiger. The ability to chain boost is still in the game, which everyone can use, so I don't know what you are talking about.

The hornet? I see that get stuck on walls or no where in my way do you know if you keep hitting hornet you will speed back up? Make it so you can't shoot backwards that's not hard. The big blue missile can hit first.

You can't see what I'm talking about when Amy is so much slower then Shadow and more, how is that balanced? I don't mean chain boosting as in level 1 ~ 6 boost I mean doing a level three and holding it like the first game and Amy's six level boost is very, very, bad.

Peach / Girl Bomber: Tackle with a hip attack, but try not to miss.
    Unikitty: Oh, he's stuck to my butt thank you!
    Amy Rose: Ha! Dexter is just a guy I imagined. I wanted to make you jealous I don't need him now!

Quote Originally Posted by Havon Bob Topal View Post
    The hornet? I see that get stuck on walls or no where in my way do you know if you keep hitting hornet you will speed back up? Make it so you can't shoot backwards that's not hard. The big blue missile can hit first.
    Uhm, if you hit the hornet you will slow down, not speed back up. You can shoot backwards in both games.

The missile is of very limited range. It can only hit the leader if its packed, but most often than not, it won't make it to the leader.

You can't see what I'm talking about when Amy is so much slower then Shadow and more, how is that balanced? I don't mean chain boosting as in level 1 ~ 6 boost I mean doing a level three and holding it like the first game and Amy's six level boost is very, very, bad.
    At least you can tweak any of the characters to at least partially make up for the difference in speed. This was not possible in the first game. And Transformed doesn't have a whole class disadvantaged/advantaged, the heavies and mc's respectively.

Uhm, if you hit the hornet you will slow down, not speed back up. You can shoot backwards in both games.

The missile is of very limited range. It can only hit the leader if its packed, but most often than not, it won't make it to the leader.

At least you can tweak any of the characters to at least partially make up for the difference in speed. This was not possible in the first game. And Transformed doesn't have a whole class disadvantaged/advantaged, the heavies and mc's respectively.

A slow character can't tweak there speed or boost stats to come close to a fast characters speed or boost in Transformed. In the first game slow characters have a very good starting speed because they are so slow if they had the same starting speed as a fast character they would be under power. What made Shadow so fast is that bikes hugs the road far to well.

Transformed should have continue using the good start for slow characters

Amy Rose: Ha! Dexter is just a guy I imagined. I wanted to make you jealous I don't need him now!

A slow character can't tweak there speed or boost stats to come close to a fast characters speed or boost in Transformed. In the first game slow characters have a very good starting speed because they are so slow if they had the same starting speed as a fast character they would be under power. What made Shadow so fast is that bikes hugs the road far to well.

Transformed should have continue using the good start for slow characters
    You do know that each racer have the same amount of points, if a racer have one stat that is high, then another one will be lower. The racers that don't have a high speed stat have other stats that excel, like acceleration.

And what made Shadow Op, was the wheelies (which made mc's OP in general) and his ridiculously fast trick speeds. That was two unfair advantages that Transformed removed.

You do know that each racer have the same amount of points, if a racer have one stat that is high, then another one will be lower. The racers that don't have a high speed stat have other stats that excel, like acceleration.

And what made Shadow Op, was the wheelies (which made mc's OP in general) and his ridiculously fast trick speeds. That was two unfair advantages that Transformed removed.

The same way you said a faster characters are slower in the first game, characters with high acceleration and low speed are very slow in Transformed. You don't need to slow down to use acceleration a fast character can have up to 3 acceleration and have more speed and boost then Amy's speed mod and her acceleration mod has 5 Vs. someone with 4 speed and 6 boost.

Amy does not get a level 6 stat like most, you can stop all items by boosting, its very hard to hit anyone in the air, less need for acceleration, low speed means less need for acceleration and to many boost pads that keep your speed up I like acceleration but it does not get used.

You can stop a wheelie by running in to them or by using a item.
    Last edited by Havon Bob Topal; 01-07-2016 at 02:06 AM.

The same way you said a faster characters are slower in the first game,
    That sounds contradictory, I don't recall saying that.

characters with high acceleration and low speed are very slow in Transformed. You don't need to slow down to use acceleration a fast character can have up to 3 acceleration and have more speed and boost then Amy speed mod and her acceleration mod 5 Vs. someone with 4 speed and 6 boost.
    Yes, that's how it's in both games, low max speed is counter balanced by high acceleration, but in Transformed you can tweak this, whereas in the first game you can not.

Amy does not get a level 6 stat like most, you can stop all items by boosting, its very hard to hit anyone in the air, less need for acceleration, less speed means less need for acceleration to many boost that keep your speed up I like acceleration but it does not get used.
    Uhm, you can not stop every item by boosting. The rocket, snowball, blowfish, hornet can not be stopped by boosting. I only recall the homing item to be evadable by boosting. If Amy does not get a 6 level stat, then she is more balanced in the rest since every character has the same amount of points allocated to them. Even if it's harder to hit someone in midair, doesn't mean it's impossible, nor does flying dominate the game.

You can stop a wheelie by running in to them or by using a item.
    So? You can stop anyone with items or running into them. It doesn't change the fact that mc's get an unfair advantage compared to every other vehicle type.

Honestly, you reasons for claiming that Transformed is less balanced than the first game seems very flimsy and ignores several important issues.

That sounds contradictory, I don't recall saying that.

Yes, that's how it's in both games, low max speed is counter balanced by high acceleration, but in Transformed you can tweak this, whereas in the first game you can not.

Uhm, you can not stop every item by boosting. The rocket, snowball, blowfish, hornet can not be stopped by boosting. I only recall the homing item to be evadable by boosting. If Amy does not get a 6 level stat, then she is more balanced in the rest since every character has the same amount of points allocated to them. Even if it's harder to hit someone in midair, doesn't mean it's impossible, nor does flying dominate the game.

So? You can stop anyone with items or running into them. It doesn't change the fact that mc's get an unfair advantage compared to every other vehicle type.

Honestly, you reasons for claiming that Transformed is less balanced than the first game seems very flimsy and ignores several important issues.
    You just said I'm ignores several important issues when you don't even know when you said a faster car can't pass a slower one?

You ignore what I said about acceleration.

A fast character can speed away before I get a rocket, snowball, or blowfish.

Tweak? You mean get one speed or boost?

You just said I'm ignores several important issues when you don't even know when you said a faster car can't pass a slower one?
    Can you point out where I said that?

You ignore what I said about acceleration.
    The issue of acceleration applies to both games.

A fast character can speed away before I get a rocket, snowball, or blowfish.
    This issue is equally true for the first game, if not more.

Tweak? You mean get one speed or boost?
    By tweak, I mean that you can relocate your points and customise the racer, which you can't do in the first game.

Why doesn't someone write to the main producers with your arguments as to why there should be a third game

I'm a little late to this party, but as someone who played both games and loves racing games in general (my favorite), I want to add my two-sense into the mix:

I honestly like how these games play more than Mario Kart, and I'm not just saying this because it's Sonic. These games are fluid, fast, and handle surprisingly well, and best of all the whole race isn't decided on who gets what item, they help, but they don't matter if the racer sucks.

From the first game:
    I love how the first game gave a little bio for each character, with the "Sonic Says" bits, it adds a bit of charm to the game. I also LOVE how you unlock everything in the game: You just play ANY game mode, ANY track, you just do anything you want and the game gives you points to spend in the shop, NO grinding, no event completions, no stupid star system that they had in the second game, the first game literally rewards you for playing the game. Keep the All-Stars from the first game, they were better, and the vehicle designs were way better here too. I also like the different vehicle categories: Bikes = Slowest, but highest handling and acceleration, Cars = Mid Speed, decent handling, decent acceleration, Trucks = Highest speed, but slowest acceleration and crappy handling, and etc.

From the second game:
    I love the transforming vehicles and transforming tracks, and higher speeds from the second game.

Now the only additional things I want are:
    First, either have different vehicles for your racer to choose from, or a car building system like from Mario Kart 8 instead of the mods that they had in the second game, those kinda suck and were boring to use.

Second, just Sonic character/tracks/items/etc. They can have ONE guest character with ONE course each game (Like how Banjo was in the first game and Ralph in the second) They can add in DLC of other game franchises, but I don't want them to be part of the vanilla game.

Third, keep the online matchmaking system the way it was in the first game, I like being able to choose were I go and who I get to play as before a random kid joins while I'm racing and quickly steals my character. Just add in different game modes: I liked "Battle Race" from the second game and the game mode where you race until the timer runs out, then it kicks the guy in last place and this repeats until one one racer remains...I forgot what it's called and which game it's from (i wanna say it's from the second game)
    Last edited by CaffeineRush; 12-16-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718