View Poll Results: Would you buy Yakuza 5 if it is release in NA/EU?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 94.12%
  • No

1 5.88%
  • I'm not a fan of the Yakuza games

0 0%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone at Sega that could business decision even look at these boards?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePsychoGamer View Post
    Well really there isn't much activity on these forums nowadays, I can't blame them for thinking it's not worth paying attention to. We need to get the fans who were active during the events that lead up to Yakuza 3's western release active again.
    To be honest I dunno anything about the Yakuza 3 fans movements, as I became a fan after Yakuza 3 came out. If you know anything about it, why don't we as fan unit here on Sega's forum and create the movement ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by jase52476 View Post
    Well, I'm trying to do as best I can. I just bought my 3rd copy of Yakuza Dead Souls (gift for my brother), and I got one friend to pick up the game for the sale at NewEgg.com.
    I see lots of people on forums and stuff, but I think they're not making enough noise yet. If you have friends that are remotely interested in RPGs and/or Zombie games, buy a copy of Dead Souls for them (it's been $15.38 for a 2 months now, and New Egg had a $12.99 deal last week).

BTW, Dead Souls is $14.99 with prime shipping right now.
    I brought Yakuza 4, and Dead Souls (two copies) new. Also I brought Binary Domain twice (PS3,PC), but the issue in Binary Domain was adding MP. Sega should have seen that Binary Domain isn't a game that people will buy for MP, people will buy that game because it was from the director of Yakuza/Shenmue. I believe there is noise at the Sega forum, the problem is Sega and/or anybody else on their Community Forum mods/PR teams aren't communicating with the fans. If someone at Sega actually comes here and answers our question and chats will us then more people will come into the forums knowing that their voice are being heard.

Quote Originally Posted by EliParker View Post
    I brought Yakuza 4, and Dead Souls (two copies) new. Also I brought Binary Domain twice (PS3,PC), but the issue in Binary Domain was adding MP. Sega should have seen that Binary Domain isn't a game that people will buy for MP, people will buy that game because it was from the director of Yakuza/Shenmue. I believe there is noise at the Sega forum, the problem is Sega and/or anybody else on their Community Forum mods/PR teams aren't communicating with the fans. If someone at Sega actually comes here and answers our question and chats will us then more people will come into the forums knowing that their voice are being heard.
    I picked up Binary Domain much later; it looked really good, and I knew it was connected to the Yakuza team, but the squad stuff kind of turned me off a little (it's just not my type of game; I like shooters and 3rd person shooters, but the whole squad thing is just too irritating). I will eventually play it, but I didn't pick it up on day 1.

From what I've observed though, it seems like Sega of America and their PR really have their hands tied as far as making a decision to bring the next Yakuza title over (hence Aaron telling everyone to go out and buy copies of Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls).

I picked up Binary Domain much later; it looked really good, and I knew it was connected to the Yakuza team, but the squad stuff kind of turned me off a little (it's just not my type of game; I like shooters and 3rd person shooters, but the whole squad thing is just too irritating). I will eventually play it, but I didn't pick it up on day 1.

From what I've observed though, it seems like Sega of America and their PR really have their hands tied as far as making a decision to bring the next Yakuza title over (hence Aaron telling everyone to go out and buy copies of Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls).
    The squad thing was odd, but I was glad that using a mic wasn't need. I truly enjoyed the story for what it's worth. If "Aaron" (I don't know who he is) is asking fans to go buy Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls, it is sorta counter productive as I have a copy of Yakuza 4 and I brought 2 copies of Dead Souls on launch. If he wants fans to buy the Yakuza games, release Yakuza 1 and 2 on the PSN as PS2 classics and release the cut content of Yakuza 3 in NA/EU. Also even if there hands are tied they can communicate with the fans and help organize a forum movement so Sega can finally get the picture that they have Yakuza fans in NA and in EU.

Releasing Y1/2 as PS2 classics is a terrible idea. PS2 classics aren't upscaled and don't have trophy support. People won't buy those, especially since Japan has Y1/2 HD with trophies. That would just be a bigger slap in the face to Western fans.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewalkhustla View Post
    Releasing Y1/2 as PS2 classics is a terrible idea. PS2 classics aren't upscaled and don't have trophy support. People won't buy those, especially since Japan has Y1/2 HD with trophies. That would just be a bigger slap in the face to Western fans.
    I understand where you are coming from, but Sega already slap every Yakuza fan in NA/EU when Kenzan/the PSP games wasn't released and cutting content for Yakuza 3/4 when it left Japan. Sega should release the Yakuza games in NA/EU as digital download only in a way to cut cost.

There's a difference between digital download ps3 games and ps2 classics which you suggested in your previous post tho.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewalkhustla View Post
    There's a difference between digital download ps3 games and ps2 classics which you suggested in your previous post tho.
    I know there is a difference, if Sega at least release the PS2 classic then fans can play Yakuza 1 and 2 without plugging the PS2 and possibly scratching the DVD disc. I say Sega should release all their Yakuza games in NA/EU as a digital download in order to cut cost. My problem is Sega itself, they should release their games in NA/EU, but they are not. I'm throwing ideas out there, but Sega just doesn't listen to their fanbase. They just want to release cheap cash-in games in NA/EU.

Quote Originally Posted by EliParker View Post
    The squad thing was odd, but I was glad that using a mic wasn't need. I truly enjoyed the story for what it's worth. If "Aaron" (I don't know who he is) is asking fans to go buy Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls, it is sorta counter productive as I have a copy of Yakuza 4 and I brought 2 copies of Dead Souls on launch. If he wants fans to buy the Yakuza games, release Yakuza 1 and 2 on the PSN as PS2 classics and release the cut content of Yakuza 3 in NA/EU. Also even if there hands are tied they can communicate with the fans and help organize a forum movement so Sega can finally get the picture that they have Yakuza fans in NA and in EU.
    Aaron Webber (RubyEclipse) is one of the community managers that promoted All 3 PlayStation 3 Yakuza titles in the US.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...estern-shores/
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...n-spring-2011/
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...ing-to-the-us/

Everything in business is about the bottom line, so regardless of to whom they are sold, the sales matter (at least to the people making the decisions). So the best thing fans can do is try to get other people interested in the series, perhaps by buying them copies of the game.

Also, from what I've read about Kenzan, it wasn't brought over because Sony sent out an edict that required all new games published after a certain date to have trophies (Kenzan doesn't have trophies), so Sega decided not bring the game over instead of adding trophies + localization.

Aaron Webber (RubyEclipse) is one of the community managers that promoted All 3 PlayStation 3 Yakuza titles in the US.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...estern-shores/
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...n-spring-2011/
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...ing-to-the-us/

Everything in business is about the bottom line, so regardless of to whom they are sold, the sales matter (at least to the people making the decisions). So the best thing fans can do is try to get other people interested in the series, perhaps by buying them copies of the game.

Also, from what I've read about Kenzan, it wasn't brought over because Sony sent out an edict that required all new games published after a certain date to have trophies (Kenzan doesn't have trophies), so Sega decided not bring the game over instead of adding trophies + localization.
    I'm looking forward to when Aaron Webber gives the fans the article of Yakuza 5 coming out.

I heard rumors of trophies being "required" for both PS3/Xbox 360. To me trophies are worthless and it should have never been required for modern for video games. I'm glad Nintendo didn't go down that route, and on PC you don't need worthless ways to make people play games.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast