Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Ralph a mary sue?

Visual novels can have flat characters too. But yeah, the characters are definitely secondary to the rhythm games and world concept.

Senior Member KnucklesTheEchinda's Avatar

Whether he truly is a mary sue or not, I still like each and every character in this game and they do pop out compared to other rhythm game characters. Maybe when (okay, more likely IF) Rhythm Thief gets a sequel or hopefully becomes a series (I'm not giving up on that thought yet), they could expand and explore each character more.

Quote Originally Posted by KnucklesTheEchinda View Post
    Whether he truly is a mary sue or not, I still like each and every character in this game and they do pop out compared to other rhythm game characters. Maybe when (okay, more likely IF) Rhythm Thief gets a sequel or hopefully becomes a series (I'm not giving up on that thought yet), they could expand and explore each character more.
    MORE CHARLIE!!!

But I do agree. They did a great job introducing us to all the characters in the game, and they need another game to develop them even more! Mary sue or not, the characters are all great, and I'd love to see more of them!!!

Um, Mary Sue is a term mostly used for female characters, Gary Stu is the male equivalent.

Latitude:44.1472N ___________ Longitude:93.9978W

Quote Originally Posted by GalanDun View Post
    Ralph (If you're talking about the hero of Rhythm Theif) is obviously styled after Michael Jackson, aside from that I didn't notice anything.
    What's a Mary Sue?
    It's a derogatory term primarily used towards fictional women who are good at things.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12