Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saturn/Dreamcast games on Wii U virtual console

Banned

You can go online and find out for yourself, like I did. In fact their are tons of games I never knew about.

I've had the thought they could port the HOTD games over since the system still supports the Wiimote. At least I hope they do it right next time as opposed to the crap job they did on their 2&3 return combo.
    So... AVP.... lack of funding for patch 5.... and yet, look at how ACM is turning out. How's that karma feel?

They will probably not release them on discs, but maybe dlc.

Just too put the saturn argument to rest I will post it's specs

http://dextremes.com/sega/sat-spec.html

Now for Wii U specs

I can't find in depth specs can someone help?

The Sonic Community
    Nintendo Network ID: Whatzituyah
    Nintendo 3DS Code: 4957 - 2907 - 5165

Banned

The problem you are having, is that you know that a person could and most likely emulate the Saturn on the Wii U hardware, but the flat fact still remains. The Saturn is a brilliant machine meant for ASM coders, that was the beloved, underdog of Japan's grace, when it came to 3d. If a person wanted they could port all the PSX games to the Saturn, and do all the same exact things a PSX could do, but even greater, but here is the bottom line.

The PSX had

Metal Gear
    Bug/Spyro/Crash
    Final Fantasy,
    Capcom

That in it's self is a really big difference to the Saturn that

Had a fresh feeling of SEGA type games

but the problem is the Saturn architecture was changed up too soon, compared to the PSX that was in development from day one with Nintendo. Porting a Saturn game is kinda pointless in the general term that a person could revamp, everything beyond movie quality.

If this was 1999, you guys wouldn't even care about porting. In fact SEGA should just make new versions to their original games instead of porting. The problem they keep trying to cop off the success of Sonic, like Mario.

How about releasing them for real platforms first?

Quote Originally Posted by -RT View Post
    How about releasing them for real platforms first?

The Sonic Community

Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    The problem you are having, is that you know that a person could and most likely emulate the Saturn on the Wii U hardware, but the flat fact still remains. The Saturn is a brilliant machine meant for ASM coders, that was the beloved, underdog of Japan's grace, when it came to 3d. If a person wanted they could port all the PSX games to the Saturn, and do all the same exact things a PSX could do, but even greater, but here is the bottom line.

The PSX had

Metal Gear
    Bug/Spyro/Crash
    Final Fantasy,
    Capcom

That in it's self is a really big difference to the Saturn that

Had a fresh feeling of SEGA type games

but the problem is the Saturn architecture was changed up too soon, compared to the PSX that was in development from day one with Nintendo. Porting a Saturn game is kinda pointless in the general term that a person could revamp, everything beyond movie quality.

If this was 1999, you guys wouldn't even care about porting. In fact SEGA should just make new versions to their original games instead of porting. The problem they keep trying to cop off the success of Sonic, like Mario.
    I don't know man. Capcom's 3D games looked bad on the Saturn, compared to the PSX versions. Their 2D games on the Saturn were a lot better than PSX counterparts.

I just want Burning Rangers to be re-released as that is the only Saturn game I haven't got to play. While VF5 ver.C on the 360(and my brother giving me it) was the only reason, I got a 360, the Saturn exclusives were the only reasons I stayed with the 360. Feels good, not to have to shell out $500 to play Radiant Silvergun.
    Last edited by GPK Kid; 03-22-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Banned

I got a 360, the Saturn exclusives were the only reasons I stayed with the 360. Feels good, not to have to shell out $500 to play Radiant Silvergun.
    Think about it like this, years later when your 360 breaks down, you can always insert your Saturn game, and be like
    "that system is still awesome"

When I think about X-box. I see Microsoft evil plan, to get people to play Direct X games, and thus play Windows games. I see a system that should have gone on for six more years, and was retired too early. I see you using a really cheap alternative to a computer. A computer I can buy for less then $40 dollars nowadays.

When I see a Sega Saturn I see, a game system that was the Underdog in the 3d world. Something that was a challenge to sell an program for. Something that belong ot it's own nation. A machine blinding with greatness. If Radiant Silvergun was made for the PSX it would have been ignored like so many other PSX titles. The same as "Sin and Punishment". Seriously Treasure seems to make woneful games, that surrounds the Gunstar Heroes world. Even Wario World was auwsome. Has treasure, released anything brilliant recently?

Nope, nada zing. Pretty much sums them up, in todays market. Just to show you, how they feel about the current trand. Speaking of which, why wont Capcom release Megaman Legends III? The original fans are not going to be the ones to play it, and that is who he wants to make the game for.

Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Think about it like this, years later when your 360 breaks down, you can always insert your Saturn game, and be like
    "that system is still awesome"

When I think about X-box. I see Microsoft evil plan, to get people to play Direct X games, and thus play Windows games. I see a system that should have gone on for six more years, and was retired too early. I see you using a really cheap alternative to a computer. A computer I can buy for less then $40 dollars nowadays.

When I see a Sega Saturn I see, a game system that was the Underdog in the 3d world. Something that was a challenge to sell an program for. Something that belong ot it's own nation. A machine blinding with greatness. If Radiant Silvergun was made for the PSX it would have been ignored like so many other PSX titles. The same as "Sin and Punishment". Seriously Treasure seems to make woneful games, that surrounds the Gunstar Heroes world. Even Wario World was auwsome. Has treasure, released anything brilliant recently?

Nope, nada zing. Pretty much sums them up, in todays market. Just to show you, how they feel about the current trand. Speaking of which, why wont Capcom release Megaman Legends III? The original fans are not going to be the ones to play it, and that is who he wants to make the game for.
    It's been canceled that and the person who made Megaman supposedly left capcom.

The Sonic Community

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast