View Poll Results: Should AM plus make a shenmue 3?

Voters
464. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shenmue 3 plz.

378 81.47%
  • Shenmue DS should be made first before a shenmue 3.

14 3.02%
  • I wan't Shenmue 1&2 on the wii first before a Shenmue 3 or a DS version ever gets made.

25 5.39%
  • Shenmue is dead so just forget about it.

47 10.13%
Page 187 of 227 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2261

Thread: Shenmue 3 all purpose comments and news thread

Senior Member Aaronterasu Okami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jarellts90 View Post
    I never have played any Shenmue games. I just looked them up online. Sleeping Dogs is nothing like Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars. That must have been a demo that they made a long time before the game was handed over to Square Enix to develope it. The game actually reminds me more of a movie. The combat is similar to one of the recent Batman games. The only thing that I didn't like about the game was that is was kind of short. That still leaves room for a sequel.
    I was at a friends house when I played the demo for PS3, I told him some people are saying this game is like shenmue and he told me it's nothing like shenmue.

After I played it I realized he was right it was completely different, although I haven't played GTA china town and only heard from my friend that sleeping dogs is like GTA.

When I played the demo I kept thinking of Narc and Yakuza mixed together.
    Sonic Boom's Biggest Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronterasu Okami View Post
    I was at a friends house when I played the demo for PS3, I told him some people are saying this game is like shenmue and he told me it's nothing like shenmue.

After I played it I realized he was right it was completely different, although I haven't played GTA china town and only heard from my friend that sleeping dogs is like GTA.

When I played the demo I kept thinking of Narc and Yakuza mixed together.
    It kind of reminds me of Yakuza too. You should really check out the game. It's fun. I still want to point out that we kind of got off topic there. Shenmue 3 will not happen, even though it would be cool to see. The following is a list of why it's a bad idea:

1. No one would remember the other Shenmue games.
    2. Sleeping Dogs 2 would compete and dominate over Shenmue 3.
    3. New consoles are starting, so Sega might not have enough money to make enough hardware to the new technology.
    4. Without proper technology, the game would have glitches.

It kind of reminds me of Yakuza too. You should really check out the game. It's fun. I still want to point out that we kind of got off topic there. Shenmue 3 will not happen, even though it would be cool to see. The following is a list of why it's a bad idea:1. No one would remember the other Shenmue games.2. Sleeping Dogs 2 would compete and dominate over Shenmue 3.3. New consoles are starting, so Sega might not have enough money to make enough hardware to the new technology.4. Without proper technology, the game would have glitches.
    1. People would remember shenmue if sega re-released both games on XBL and PSN and gaming sites would re-review the games so even new comers would be interested.

2. Sleeping dogs and shenmue are two completely different gaming experiences, one is more about jumping into action "Fighting & killing" and the other is focused on solving clues "detective work" fast pace vs slow pace.

3. LOL Sega doesn't make hardware they only develop software, sega has the money to jump on board to create new software on Next-Gen consoles because they are already listed as one of many others that are developing for PS4 also on the list is Dimps and Sumo Digital and Platinum Games.

4. GameCube PS2 and Xbox in 6th Gen were proper consoles and PS3 Xbox-360 and Wii and wii U in in 7th Gen are also proper consoles, there's no way to fix all glitches regardless of any console games are released on, it isn't the consoles fualt if games have glitches it's the developers fualt for not fixing them before the release date.

This proves you know nothing about console hardware.

Thus sayith I the mighty devine wolf of the heavens. *Spoken with a loud thunderous deep voice*
    Last edited by Aaronterasu Okami; 03-06-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    Sonic Boom's Biggest Fan

1. People would remember shenmue if sega re-released both games on XBL and PSN and gaming sites would re-review the games so even new comers would be interested.

2. Sleeping dogs and shenmue are two completely different gaming experiences, one is more about jumping into action "Fighting & killing" and the other is focused on solving clues "detective work" fast pace vs slow pace.

3. LOL Sega doesn't make hardware they only develop software, sega has the money to jump on board to create new software on Next-Gen consoles because they are already listed as one of many others that are developing for PS4 also on the list is Dimps and Sumo Digital and Platinum Games.

4. GameCube PS2 and Xbox in 6th Gen were proper consoles and PS3 Xbox-360 and Wii and wii U in in 7th Gen are also proper consoles, there's no way to fix all glitches regardless of any console games are released on, it isn't the consoles fualt if games have glitches it's the developers fualt for not fixing them before the release date.

This proves you know nothing about console hardware.

Thus sayith I the mighty devine wolf of the heavens. *Spoken with a loud thunderous deep voice*
    I know a lot about console hardware, but I have to admit that I accidentally typed hardware instead of software. Not that I switched them up and thought it was hardware. I was just typing in a hurry. I know they are two different styles of gameplay, but Shenmue 3 could not compete with other major titles because Shenmue 2 had very low sales. Sega would not have the budget to create it, so it would not be a highly demanded game. That would make the sales of the game too low for Sega. They would not even be able to call it Shenmue 3 because it would make people think that they should play the other two games first. If that was the case, then Shenmue 3 would be one of the slowest selling video games in history.
    Last edited by jarellts90; 03-07-2013 at 01:02 AM.

I know a lot about console hardware, but I have to admit that I accidentally typed hardware instead of software. Not that I switched them up and thought it was hardware. I was just typing in a hurry. I know they are two different styles of gameplay, but Shenmue 3 could not compete with other major titles because Shenmue 2 had very low sales. Sega would not have the budget to create it, so it would not be a highly demanded game. That would make the sales of the game too low for Sega. They would not even be able to call it Shenmue 3 because it would make people think that they should play the other two games first. If that was the case, then Shenmue 3 would be one of the slowest selling video games in history.
    Sega said Shenmue 3 is the most request sequel and has the greatest demand from fans all around the world, over 3 million people sent gifts to the AM2 team that worked on the shenmue games.

people gave the Dev team little sonic & co action figures and virtua fighter action figures and things that reminded them of shenmue collectable items.
    Last edited by Aaronterasu Okami; 03-07-2013 at 03:00 AM.
    Sonic Boom's Biggest Fan

Sega said Shenmue 3 is the most request sequel and has the greatest demand from fans all around the world, over 3 million people sent gifts to the AM2 team that worked on the shenmue games.

people gave the Dev team little sonic & co action figures and virtua fighter action figures and things that reminded them of shenmue collectable items.
    I don't understand why they have delayed it for so long then. Why not make it earlier? It has been twelve years since Shenmue 2. That is far too long for them to make another game.

I don't understand why they have delayed it for so long then. Why not make it earlier? It has been twelve years since Shenmue 2. That is far too long for them to make another game.
    Sega waited 12 years before they made a sequel to Nights into Dreams and no one knows why it took so long for them to decide to make one.
    Sonic Boom's Biggest Fan

A massive Shenmue fan's passionate rant about Shenmue III.

While I know it won't happen, I wish someone with some clout at Sega would sit down and watch this video.

Be warned, the video is just shy of a half hour long, but it's actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Seppuko_Panda View Post
    A massive Shenmue fan's passionate rant about Shenmue III.

While I know it won't happen, I wish someone with some clout at Sega would sit down and watch this video.

Be warned, the video is just shy of a half hour long, but it's actually pretty good.

If you don't think Shenmue 3 will happen, then why did you post a video that supports the idea?

If you don't think Shenmue 3 will happen, then why did you post a video that supports the idea?
    He supports the idea of shenmue 3 but hes just being real in saying its not going to be on kickstarter. Also the person that posted the video maybe wanted to clear the rumor up because some journalist screwed up and assumed that it was 100% going on kickstarter when it was not. Yu suzuki only said there was a "possibility" meaning nothing since he can't do it without segas permission since they own the license to shenmue.
    Last edited by Mysterious x48; 03-09-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    please consider localizing more Japan games West ​in english !

Page 187 of 227 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast