View Poll Results: Should AM plus make a shenmue 3?

Voters
481. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shenmue 3 plz.

392 81.50%
  • Shenmue DS should be made first before a shenmue 3.

14 2.91%
  • I wan't Shenmue 1&2 on the wii first before a Shenmue 3 or a DS version ever gets made.

27 5.61%
  • Shenmue is dead so just forget about it.

48 9.98%
Page 116 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1620

Thread: Shenmue 3 all purpose comments and news thread

Quote Originally Posted by jarellts90 View Post
    I don't like the idea of Shenmue 3. It has been cancelled/pending ever since 2001. If you guys want Shenmue 3 so bad, then why not play Sleeping Dogs?
    Because that's Sleeping Dogs, not Shenmue III. How was that not obvious?

Senior Member Aaronterasu Okami's Avatar

Hmm, While the concept of Shenmue being episodic is a good idea I feel sega will screw it up as they have shown with sonic 4 that they don't understand what episodic means since both episodes of sonic 4 had a year gap as EP1 came out in 2010 and EP2 came out in 2012, imagine the first shenmue having it's chapters released every year or every two years instead of every month or every two months.
    Last edited by Aaronterasu Okami; 03-05-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seppuko_Panda View Post
    Because that's Sleeping Dogs, not Shenmue III. How was that not obvious?
    Because Sleeping Dogs is very similar. I'm not saying it's the same thing, but it's as close as video games will ever be to a Shenmue 3.

Yeah but come on man, it's not Shenmue III.

Because Sleeping Dogs is very similar. I'm not saying it's the same thing, but it's as close as video games will ever be to a Shenmue 3.
    In terms of objective and story Its different. In shenmue ryo want to give lan di a beat down. Never played sleeping dogs but it seems like the character is more of an double agent meaning that hes a cop and a gangster at the same time trying to bring peace to the city.
    Last edited by Mysterious x48; 03-05-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious x48 View Post
    In terms of objective and story Its different. In shenmue ryo want to give lan di a beat down. Never played sleeping dogs but it seems like the character is more of an double agent meaning that hes a cop and a gangster at the same time trying to bring peace to the city.
    They are both Asian men.
    They are both gangsters.
    They both live in the same areas.
    They both know karate.
    One difference is that they are two different people. The only other difference is that Ryo is trying to get vengeance for his father's death and that Shen is an undercover police officer.

Even if it's not good enough to be Shenmue 3, the game is still fun. There is probably even going to be a sequel.

They are both Asian men.
    They are both gangsters.
    They both live in the same areas.
    They both know karate.
    One difference is that they are two different people. The only other difference is that Ryo is trying to get vengeance for his father's death and that Shen is an undercover police officer.

Even if it's not good enough to be Shenmue 3, the game is still fun. There is probably even going to be a sequel.
    I played the demo and it's nothing like shenmue at all, it plays like GTA china town.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronterasu Okami View Post
    I played the demo and it's nothing like shenmue at all, it plays like GTA china town.
    I never have played any Shenmue games. I just looked them up online. Sleeping Dogs is nothing like Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars. That must have been a demo that they made a long time before the game was handed over to Square Enix to develope it. The game actually reminds me more of a movie. The combat is similar to one of the recent Batman games. The only thing that I didn't like about the game was that is was kind of short. That still leaves room for a sequel.

I never have played any Shenmue games. I just looked them up online. Sleeping Dogs is nothing like Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars. That must have been a demo that they made a long time before the game was handed over to Square Enix to develope it. The game actually reminds me more of a movie. The combat is similar to one of the recent Batman games. The only thing that I didn't like about the game was that is was kind of short. That still leaves room for a sequel.
    I was at a friends house when I played the demo for PS3, I told him some people are saying this game is like shenmue and he told me it's nothing like shenmue.

After I played it I realized he was right it was completely different, although I haven't played GTA china town and only heard from my friend that sleeping dogs is like GTA.

When I played the demo I kept thinking of Narc and Yakuza mixed together.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronterasu Okami View Post
    I was at a friends house when I played the demo for PS3, I told him some people are saying this game is like shenmue and he told me it's nothing like shenmue.

After I played it I realized he was right it was completely different, although I haven't played GTA china town and only heard from my friend that sleeping dogs is like GTA.

When I played the demo I kept thinking of Narc and Yakuza mixed together.
    It kind of reminds me of Yakuza too. You should really check out the game. It's fun. I still want to point out that we kind of got off topic there. Shenmue 3 will not happen, even though it would be cool to see. The following is a list of why it's a bad idea:

1. No one would remember the other Shenmue games.
    2. Sleeping Dogs 2 would compete and dominate over Shenmue 3.
    3. New consoles are starting, so Sega might not have enough money to make enough hardware to the new technology.
    4. Without proper technology, the game would have glitches.

Page 116 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast