Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Petition to SEGA for PSO2 West update

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
    300 people is not many. Don't get me wrong, I get where you're coming from, but do realize that a very large portion (I dare say well over half) of this already niche series' fanbase has all but given up on the localized version.

And yes, I am ridiculously condescending. Nice to meet you.
    A pleasure. And I understand what your saying as well, but I would not go as far as deducing that many people have given up and I most certainly would not deduce that many have jumped ship at all in comparison to the community as a whole. This fanbase is just as finicky as any, and their attention span is just as radical. Even if everyone did just forget about the game, the moment we get even an iota of detail or launch date, the hype train will start all over again. They will be back in droves. It happens all the time. And the circumstances are in order for this release not to be a repeat of the last.

Quote Originally Posted by hc4 View Post
    Everything in that petition is in English. The people in charge of bringing PSO2 outside of JP will most likely (if it does come to their attention somehow) not look into it if it's not in their language. That's just my opinion, so unless you can somehow address this properly to SOJ, I wouldn't bother with this.
    The petition has been updated to address SEGA of Japan. There is no Japanese translation, because no one has yet stepped up to the plate to do a proper translation. We are still looking for someone who can do this. Again, this is a group effort, not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by CODE5 View Post
    Just stop the bs and play JP it's 90% English..

Story translated into English: check
    Menu/quests translated into English: check
    AC purchased via webmoney: check
    No lag issues: check
    Items still in Japanese : only because it's server side
    Translator Japanese to English chat: check
    Healthy community: check

What else do you want ? I been playing since sept and its been great! If anyone needs help I'll be more then happy to send links/guides to all this great stuff..
    You are also forgetting that using an unofficial patch violates the ToS. Also, connections outside of Japan aren't allowed under ToS either (play at your own risk). I have more respect to wait for the English version, rather than play on a server that I will eventually have to start fresh to play with my friends locally... Simply because they do not want to jump through hoops to play a game that is translated unofficially 90% English.
    Last edited by pso2love; 03-05-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seigi Kisuke View Post
    Everything has to be 100% english translated by the famous SoA Dev's themselves, english voice actors, english weapon names and descriptions, buy AC without webmoney, promises from SoA that they wont do what they did again, english english english everything english. the captcha is too hard for me to type in jp to make an account even though there are guides to help me out, i'll just wait for the english servers to come out.

friends only wanna play english version even though we'll be behind, english.

just little things that make ppl want to stick to the english only servers, despite all these guides that are translated for people to use but for some reason is too intense for them so they give up and decide to wait for this abyssmal game to come out to the west
    I honestly think there just lazy plain and simple lol. I had zero problem making my account and downloading the game.. Even with the English patch. It took me 5 mins to do and the webmoney that was supposed to be the hardest took me maybe 30-40 mins to do and this is coming from someone who doesn't know a lick of Japanese..
    http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p321/NOCCODEZ/pso2sig13_zpsddb00399-1_zpsa151749c.png

I honestly think there just lazy plain and simple lol. I had zero problem making my account and downloading the game.. Even with the English patch. It took me 5 mins to do and the webmoney that was supposed to be the hardest took me maybe 30-40 mins to do and this is coming from someone who doesn't know a lick of Japanese..
    it takes me less than 5 minutes to order AC (I guess it depends where you live or something that the delivery times are different for everyone) and this is wwaayy to hard for people to do. literally people are too lazy if they cant do this without begging for help on the simplest of things. its like heres a guide, but dont use it, ask me for help instead
    If you wanna be kept up with PSO2 info (JP) go here: http://bumped.org/psublog/
    If you want info on the US/EU version, go to the same site or community forums http://bit.ly/MzayOd

The problem I had with the psu jp server wasn't the fact that everything bar numbers were in japanese ..ok a few items were hard to shop search for and the odd item was impossible to translate.... it was the community.
    'jp only' parties for one reason or another and those jp players who did make the effort were usually already members of little western niches of players who wouldnt even acknowledge the presence of other western players who may or may not have been asking for help with w/ever in the lobby. I mean why would they help someone ignorant enough NOT to know a jp speaking player prior to going to a jp game?

The jp players who wanted me to do a few runs didnt speak english at all it was a problem trying to translate mid mission. I found the jp server frustrating.

Dead end ahead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pso2love View Post
    The petition has been updated to address SEGA of Japan. There is no Japanese translation, because no one has yet stepped up to the plate to do a proper translation. We are still looking for someone who can do this. Again, this is a group effort, not my own.
    It's great what you're doing, man. Nice.
    My brother knows Japanese, I will ask him to translate your letter, but I can't promise anything because he is always very busy.
    He actually played the JP version.
    I want this game in the west too. I'll try.

i'd sign a petition.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccoro View Post
    It's great what you're doing, man. Nice.
    My brother knows Japanese, I will ask him to translate your letter, but I can't promise anything because he is always very busy.
    He actually played the JP version.
    I want this game in the west too. I'll try.
    Thanks.
    However, someone else has already just stepped up to translate for us. The Petition has now been updated to reflect those changes.
    Last edited by pso2love; 03-08-2013 at 01:53 PM.

You must be kidding. Ive tried the hardest ive could (and believe me, im not lazy at all, Spanish citizen talking in english) and i CANT RESOLVE the F***ING CAPTCHA! even picking letter by letter on wikipedia, its impossible. So im waiting, like everyone, for SEGA to do the things right once and for all.
    My Edelīs shine is the last light some people see.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast