Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yakuza (real-world)

Cool ! Very nice video ! I knew Kamurocho and Kabukicho looked very much alike, but the comparison you made and showed with each place really makes it.... real ! I almost expected to see Kazuma show up in your video XD Thanks for sharing !

It breaks my heart there's no Millenium Tower and Kamu Hills in real life....

Quote Originally Posted by Rena_Ikari View Post
    Cool ! Very nice video ! I knew Kamurocho and Kabukicho looked very much alike, but the comparison you made and showed with each place really makes it.... real ! I almost expected to see Kazuma show up in your video XD Thanks for sharing !
    Thanks for the feedback my man! I actually wanted to do some kind of random encounter with some of my Japanese friends but I figured we might be in trouble because people around us might be thinking there was a real fight going on. I had an idea for heat actions, drinking stamina X etc but I didn't have the opportunity to do so considering the fact that it would be a spoof instead of a real tour. Maybe next time?
    Interview with Video Game composer/ Co Creator of Video Games Live Tommy Tallarico, *NEW* Yakuza (Ryu Ga Gotoku) Locations Tour 2016 (Uploaded weekly), Weekly Video Game Music on the Radio & many more on:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheElecPlay92

Quote Originally Posted by Majima View Post
    It breaks my heart there's no Millenium Tower and Kamu Hills in real life....
    Yeah that was a bit unfortunate but hey at least we get to experience the fictional side of Kabukicho in the Yakuza games right?
    Interview with Video Game composer/ Co Creator of Video Games Live Tommy Tallarico, *NEW* Yakuza (Ryu Ga Gotoku) Locations Tour 2016 (Uploaded weekly), Weekly Video Game Music on the Radio & many more on:

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuza_Ark92 View Post
    Yeah that was a bit unfortunate but hey at least we get to experience the fictional side of Kabukicho in the Yakuza games right?
    Absolutely!

That was one of the aspects which made me start playing the series in the first place! (experiencing Kabukicho, fictional sides or not)

I enjoyed your videos very much. I would love to go there myself one day, but I won't be able to afford it anytime soon. Why didn't you show the batting center though? That one's real, isn't it?

It's really strange, knowing I could navigate perfectly in a part of a city I've actually never been to, just because I know Kamurocho by heart by now. At the same time, as weird as it may sound, walking through those streets would drag me down quite a bit. I'd expect Majima to be there somewhere and knowing he's not real would turn this kinda into an "So close, yet so far" experience.
    That's why having no Millenium Tower in real life is a two sided thing for me. I'd love to stand beneath it and look up to his office, just like I use to do in the games. Being at a place in real life I associate with him, would make me feel closer to him... But his absence would hurt even more.

Do you plan visiting other cities from the game like Osaka, too?

You know what, I couldn't find the batting center at all. I know its a branch in Japan but for some reason it wasn't there. Pronto cafe was in Shibuya but not in Kabukicho. Yeah I was surprised that I didn't need a map/gps for my locations tour because I'm so familiar with the game. Hopefully if I save up the money I'll do another Locations Tour touring all the cities but I might do Osaka next...in a couple more years.

According to google it's in Shinjuku:

Looks like you had bad luck there missing it.

Oh wait, I just found the page:

http://travel.cnn.com/tokyo/play/shi...-center-852320

So you know where to go next time!
    Last edited by Majima; 06-25-2013 at 04:43 AM.

Drats! In a few years I'll probably do a "remaster" of Part 1 & 2 or do a follow-up video and add the batting cages location spot to the video. I'd be looking a lot older then haha. Please help spread the video to your friends (if they are/not Yakuza fans) Majima!
    Last edited by Yakuza_Ark92; 06-25-2013 at 05:23 AM.

You know what ? I feel like doing a Yakuza fanmeeting right in Kabukicho ! But yeah, I know we can't all afford it, and probably not at the same moment, but well, just thinking about it feels kind of nice

I finally made it. Who are all the other Kamurocho survivors around here?
    I didn't originally plan to go there last night, but what the heck. Kind of just bumped into the gate to "Tenkaichi St." It was just like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osHwNAfc3vM
    Snapped a few photos, but to take too many at nighttime would have been kind of unsettling, "We're not in Kansas anymore." The one thing that really ed me off was the Nigerian/Ghanaian tout that followed me damn near a whole block. WTF. Everyone else left me alone. Too bad I didn't have my sewer cover opener, I would have liked to throw him down one.
    Overall though, was just pretty blown away sightseeing, being there at night was something else. Bring a GPS or compass.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast