Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ouya - Come on Sega!

Default Ouya - Come on Sega!

I'm really excited about the Ouya console, which is coming out soon. In case you haven't heard of it, it is a $99 Android console based on Nvidia's Tegra 3 SoC, as seen in tablets but clocked higher. It comes with a bluetooth controller and connects to a HDTV/monitor via HDMI. The real star of the show is the openness of the platform, every Ouya console comes with all you need to start development of your own game, all you need to add is a computer and some talent

With the machine running Android and Sega already having Android titles like JSR and (puke) Sonic 4, surely it is only a matter of time before we see ports? It would cost them very little to add controller support and maybe some graphical enhancements... JSR on Android is really impressive IMO, would love to see more Dreamcast era games come out BUT - I cannot stand touch controls. Nothing beats sitting in front of the TV with controller in hand and having spotted this video of nullDC running Shenmue on a phone, imagine if Sega put even a drop of effort in!

http://www.ouya.tv/

Edit: Of course you can sideload any Android apk on Ouya, so JSR can be done anyway, I'd just like to see Sega do it officially with proper support.

your definetly right. ouya is growing rapidly.

sega is either gonna add something to the console industry. or mess it up and stay subsidiary to the big three

Most likely Crazy Taxi will be next, since it's already available for iOS. They'll probably port everything from the Dreamcast (and possibly Heritage) Collection eventually.

2014: Year of the Android (again)

This belongs in the console discussion forum.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...ole-Discussion

It is the same topic. Why are you not sticking with one thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jarellts90 View Post

... Because Ouya is not a SEGA console?

2014: Year of the Android (again)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. BaconStein View Post
    ... Because Ouya is not a SEGA console?
    I realize that. It is very obvious. Read the original headline post. It says "Ouya come on Sega!"
    This topic does not belong in a new forum.

SEGA Community Manager - In b4 lock Clumsyorchid's Avatar

Appreciate the help, but please let the moderators mod the forum. This topic is fine, it's a general forum after all and it's not a duplicate

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

@SEGA does what @Nintendon't

Quote Originally Posted by jarellts90 View Post

Just lol

Quote Originally Posted by Clumsyorchid View Post
    Appreciate the help, but please let the moderators mod the forum. This topic is fine, it's a general forum after all and it's not a duplicate
    Thank you

I actually wanted to make a topic about this. See what people have done with Sonic Generations on the PC, just think of how much they can get done on a system made for hacking and developing, not to mention it's cheap as hell. Also, with more sonic games on this thing, Sega can stop making his games on Nintendo systems, or at least not exclusively, and bring the Ouya a lot of attention, since us sonic fans tend to get our hands on many of sonic's titles.

Can't leave Sonic alone the game needs me!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOgGamer View Post
    I actually wanted to make a topic about this.
    Go figure, I was planning on making a topic about this too! Great timing huh?

I believe SEGA could be sitting on a potential goldmine if they decide to support the OUYA. I'm a Kickstarter backer and I assumed the console would have a very niche market. I never expected the Boxer8 team to have a retail presence at places such as Gamestop, and have big names such as Amazon, Best Buy, and Target selling it as well! This ups my expectations, and I think SEGA would be foolish to sit on their hands and do nothing. At the very least, I'm hoping SEGA will test the waters by porting over their Android games to the console and seeing how that goes. I know that if SEGA decided to release ports of Skies of Arcadia, Panzer Dragoon, the Shenmue series, and NIGHTs I'd buy them as soon as they were available! And who knows, maybe SEGA will fall in love with the OUYA and decide to release a new IP on it? A man can dream...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast