Thread: How much is a new Dreamcast worth?

Default How much is a new Dreamcast worth?

Curious because I'm thinking about buying one

Anyone? bump!

Not sure how accurate it is, but I once found one on Craigslist that was 20$ with a good amount of games with it.

The Princess of the SEGA Forums.
    Yes, I'm a guy

A few years back, an online store was clearancing out BRAND NEW/SEALED units for $50. There must be an overabundance of them on eBay now for a not much higher price.

I'm sure you can find a cache of the thread that was posted on CheapAssGamer.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2wp2uyd.jpg Vectorman TM & (C) SEGA

Banned

Well that depends. Right now I own two Dreamcast I brought really, really cheap. One has the drive waining ( spinning really fast to keep up with the content ), and the other is a bit discolored. If I could a brand new Dreamcast it, would surely make my day about now. Knowning that many Dreamcast died, and was repaired in the past, A brand new Dreamcast is worth a lot to a player and non-player.

The same for a Saturn, PSX, or N64. I had N64 died on me many times from being in a sweaty sun, or stink from being borrowed.

So far, if it is brand new and never used, a person might pay $200 for it. However many people can find a good working one or one that was barely used. Also many retailers, never sealed the box at all, which makes it kinda difficult to find new.

Try not be cheap about anything. You will learn that the hard way, like i have in the past. A parking ticket is like $200 dollars nowadays or even higher. An animal surgery can cost up to thousands of dollars because nobody cares to do the work. Even a used boat is sure to fail compared to a new boat.
    The same could be said about leaks.

Think about it like that. Paying for things, that you can't escape from, or avoid paying.
    Last edited by RegalSin; 04-30-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Just found out from one of the guys who runs The Time Capsule that they managed to get a hold of a ****-ton of brand new/sealed SEGA Dreamcast stuff from a liquidation company who bought out a dormant warehouse. I managed to pick up 2 brand new SEGA Dreamcast controllers from them for only $12 each when I visited one of their stores.

Keep an eye on their eBay account. I'm sure they are going to start listing everything once they go through it all.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2wp2uyd.jpg Vectorman TM & (C) SEGA

I don't know I got a few of them though that have never been opened or used I have had them since 2001.

Only 2 of them is a normal white USA dreamcast though.

i seen people get alot of bids on ebay having a new dreamcast sold for over 10 grand with alot of bids but to be honest the most sega console worth alot more then the dreamcast thats a csaturn brand new saturns are worth alot more