Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does PS3 Slim Suffer from Yellow Light of Death?

Default Does PS3 Slim Suffer from Yellow Light of Death?

Hey, I'm not dead.

Anyways, I was really hoping if the PS3 slim ever suffers from the Yellow Light of Death. My old, fat PS3 suffered from it twice now, and I am considering getting a new, slimmer one.

But, does the PS3 Slim or Super Slim have YLOD too?

I've had my PS3 since 2009 and it hasn't YLoD once it has been very reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam Tanaka
    Monokuma. I will listen to your jests later, as I smoke a cigar standing over your corpse.
    EUGamingActivist
    Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Yakuza 4, Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward.

I bought my PS3 two years ago.
    Never had any problems with it.
    My understanding is that the yellow light comes on when say... you've paused a game and left the room for a long period of time, or the same with a movie. Just leaving it on pause and walking away.
    You can set it up so that it automatically turns off after X amount of time.
    That'll help keep the machine from malfunctioning.

If I remember right the PS3 slim doesn't have a way of actually displaying a yellow light. So be default it wouldn't Yellow Light. Just like the newer 360's apparently can't red ring because the red lights are gone.

That doesn't mean the systems can't ever malfunction and stop working. It can happened to anything like that.

Nope. That problem has been fixed soo long ago. It's highly unlikely for it to happen on any of the newer models.

@rf switch I'm pretty sure both PS3 slim and newer Xbox models have their malfunction lights.
    I LIKE THE FINAL FANTASY 13 saga.

Greatness Awaits

Quote Originally Posted by Gaje View Post
    Nope. That problem has been fixed soo long ago. It's highly unlikely for it to happen on any of the newer models.

@rf switch I'm pretty sure both PS3 slim and newer Xbox models have their malfunction lights.
    I'm not saying they don't have some form of malfunction light.. Just saying the ability to display it in yellow or red seems to not be there anymore.

Anything can potentially suffer from hardware or software failure. But mine is little over a year and a half and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstreamx View Post
    Anything can potentially suffer from hardware or software failure. But mine is little over a year and a half and it works great.
    Yup, I think my PS3 slim is going on 2 or so years after my 60gig fat PS3 yellow lighted.

The hardest part of all of that though was going almost 2 years without having a way to play PS2 games.

Banned

Never had problems with my PS3 Slim 250GB Edition (bought it in 2009), but I'd suggest not updating to the newest firmware update because it could brick your console make sure to do some research before so.

That was 4.45, Sony already released 4.46 that fixes everything.
    I LIKE THE FINAL FANTASY 13 saga.

Greatness Awaits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast