Thread: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - General Discussion

Post Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - General Discussion

General discussion related to SASRT

Bear with me - things have been very quiet in the SASRT forum lately, mainly because we're just going on with playing the 2012 racing game day after day. But because there are some who still visit the SASRT forum frequently, remember to keep your discussions in this thread only, as other related threads will be locked by the forum moderators.

Thank you

Currently, there are 24 characters to race in the console version of SASRT, each one that made their debut in the respective games. They are listed below:

Sonic The Hedgehog - STH
    Miles ''Tails'' Prower - STH2
    Knuckles The Echidna - STH3
    Aiai - Super Monkey Ball
    Beat - Jet Set Radio
    Amy Rose - Sonic CD
    B.D. Joe - Crazy Taxi
    Meemee - Super Monkey Ball
    Ulala - Space Channel 5
    Ralph - Wreck-It-Ralph
    Amigo - Samba De Amigo
    Danica Patrick - JR Motorsports/NASCAR
    Shadow The Hedgehog - SA2
    Vyse - Skies Of Arcadia
    Dr. Eggman - STH
    NiGHTS - NiGHTS Into Dreams...
    Gum - Jet Set Radio
    Joe Musashi - Shinobi
    Pudding - Space Channel 5
    Gilius Thunderhead - Golden Axe
    Reala - NiGHTS Into Dreams...
    AGES - SASRT
    Metal Sonic - Sonic CD
    Alex Kidd - Alex Kidd In Miracle World

Needs more Road Rash refrences~
    If I'm back, don't consider it a victory. I'm here for a mission and of course I do what I can to get it done.
    Targets
    Cochrane [x] - Psych chik/Darkkilla [x]

Still no Patch for the Network Error/Freezing Screen? SEGA need to get onto this.

So far, the core mechanics of the game make it SO much better than the last game.

I absolutely suck at water and air segments (can't decide which one I'm worse at) but I love them anyway. There's so much FREEDOM in flying it almost feels like free-roaming.
    I also like the fact that the vehicles feel "heavy" this time around. When I go back to All Stars Racing, it feels like the vehicles are made of cardboard. But not here. I do feel the weight and the impact of the vehicles. This is obviously a great thing.

It's cool that although there's only ONE music track for each level, some levels got a remixed version of two songs. This is great because it gives these songs a fresh new twist.
    (It's kind of sad they took out the lyrics to some of the songs, but eh..)
    Don't like the music of choice for Death Egg. (Should have been Death Egg, not Final Rush). But I can say that at least Seaside Hill's remix of "Sonic you can Do Anything + Supersonic Racing" makes up for it.

The roster... well I've covered that already. The SEGA side could've been better, and the 3rd party choices are kinda baffling... But since many people (including some friends of mine) seem to be enjoying the likes of TF2 and General Winters, then I'll get off the roster's back... for now.
    I still can't get over the fact that retro favorites like Opa Opa and Bonanza bros got cut, but I guess I can sort of relate to the reason of their removal.

Overall, the game feels like a vastly improved sequel to ASR. The CORE mechanics are absolutely amazing. The only drawbacks for me are when I start looking at smaller individual aspects (such as playable characters, music variety, or bland weapon choices...) but these pale in comparison to what the overall experience that the game provides.

I think SUMO in the end did a really nice job. Too bad I got it so late, but at least I'm glad I got the version that gets the best treatment out of them all.
    Thanks to this game, I've also become convinced that PC gaming is the way to go for me, from now on. So no more over-expensive consoles.
    http://orig07.deviantart.net/050d/f/2016/250/f/8/sonic_mania_trailer_mugshots___dlc_by_diegichigo-dagvyp1.gif

My overall reception for SASRT is generally positive, giving it a 95/100. The technology used in SASRT is very well advanced over S&SASR, stating that the professional racing feel of each vehicle - on land, in the air, or at sea - is generally greater in improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic_And_Amy View Post
    My overall reception for SASRT is generally positive, giving it a 95/100. The technology used in SASRT is very well advanced over S&SASR, stating that the professional racing feel of each vehicle - on land, in the air, or at sea - is generally greater in improvements.
    Oh it's a Fantastic Game no doubt about it, but what ruins the game for me is the annoying Network Errors and Freezing Screen Glitches etc. What's even more annoying if your about to enter a race, the screen freezes before the race starts, you load the game back up to find you have been given a Rating Penalty for nothing. That's a really annoying feature of the game, to be honest I'm surprised SEGA haven't fixed the Network Error/Freezing Screen Glitch etc because everyone was complaining.

I realised a few years ago... S0L.... S = Steve and L = Lycett? XD

The music in this DigitalFoundry S&ASRT Wii U vs. PC Comparison video is SO AMAZING, and I actually saved the link when I first came across it here in early 2013!

So anyway, I platinummed both the PS3 and PSV versions on my old PSN account, wherewith I had gotten all Sonic games trophies. Platinumming the PSV actually marked my 75th platinum, 4000th trophy, and THANKFULLY the retiring of my PSN account. I hated my PSN account because it was just linked with an outdated trophy-hunting version of myself, and I had learnt to utterly hate and despise trophies. Other than that, around that time I had conveniently gotten a new identity.

So anyway, after that, I managed to get a world record for a small amount of time on the PSV version on Roulette Road and Mirror in 2015

Recent fav house: Zzyzx (Sergey Shemet Remix) Recent fav trance: Beside You (Startail Remix)
    Can the eel come out to play?

Honestly, I'm not fond of the water and flight sections. They clash too much with the actual kart racing sections and aren't as fun. That's why I prefer the original All Star Racing.
    proud business owner